Job title: Category Manager, Consumer Products (Remote)
Job description: Are you looking to make a difference in a patient’s life? At AmerisourceBergen, you will find an innovative and collaborative culture that is patient focused and dedicated to making a difference. As an organization, we are united in our responsibility to create healthier futures. Join us and Apply today!
What you will be doing
As of August 24, 2021, AmerisourceBergen requires all U.S. team members to be fully vaccinated and show proof of completed vaccine prior to your first day of employment. If you cannot receive the COVID-19 vaccine due to a disability/medical reason or sincerely held religious belief, you will be required to follow AmerisourceBergen’s policy and process to apply for an exemption/accommodation.
Under general direction of a Category Director, Consumer Products, the Category Manager is a central role within the ABC consumer team and is responsible for the leadership and operations of an assigned group of merchandise categories and sub-categories and their specific resources. The Category Manager will have the full scope of responsibility for attaining budgeted sales, gross margin, promotional margin, inventory management and driving growth for all categories, segments and SKUs within their assignments. In addition to fully owning and delivering against assigned category P&L measures, this position may also lead and oversee direct reports such as Associate Category Manager(s). As an ABC people leader, the Category Manager must be able to develop a high performing team, deliver results through others, and have experience in recruiting, developing and retaining a talented group of diverse individuals. Although this position operates within the ABC Consumer Products group, the Category Manager must exhibit strong collaboration skills in order to work with a business support team including Pricing, Marketing and Promotion, Inventory Planning, Buying and Replenishment, Finance, Planogram Design, Internal / External Sales and an entire Supplier community in order to achieve the business plan objectives as it relates to the ABC Consumer Strategic plan. A Category Manager is responsible for searching out new, competitive opportunities at ABC within their assigned departments and for driving the business to ensure an industry leading position for ABC and their customers. The individual in this position will also be expected to perform additional job related responsibilities and duties as assigned and/or necessary.
- Exemplify leadership principles that align to the culture within the Category Management team – support and embrace best-in-class processes that are intended to enable a fully integrated Product Lifestyle approach to managing categories within the broader consumer business.
- Develop and implement category specific strategic plans and promotional strategies (i.e. weekly, seasonal and annual merchandising programs) to deliver industry leading results.
- Develop annual category and sub-category business plans including budgets, forecasts and financial targets 1-3-5 years out.
- Fully own P&L responsibility for attaining budgeted Sales, Gross Margin, Promotional Margin and GMROII for assigned categories and sub-categories.
- Drive the entire category review and planning process including POG design.
- Lead the promotional and advertising strategy for all categories; collaboratively work with advertising support group to execute best-in-class programs to drive sales.
- Be creative and innovative; be open to driving change and improving communication, process or other to impact future growth.
- Establish and maintain strong supplier relationships and negotiate supplier cost, quality and delivery terms; serve as the central point of contact for vendors; address escalated issues related to replenishment and work with the category director and suppliers to resolve.
- Develop and lead others to achieve objectives; where applicable, create clearly defined roles and responsibilities for all direct reports; set individual annual goals and MBOs, provide timely and constructive feedback and give guidance and support to key constituents.
- Stay current on consumer and category trends and the marketplace competition through analysis, including competitive store and market visits; strategically leverage new insights to positively impact business performance.
- Coordinate the execution and maintenance of inventory plans by reviewing and recommending markdowns and clearance plans; address inventory flow and provide management with updates and rationale that deviate from plan.
- Optimize SKU mix, sales and gross margin and the achievement of sales and gross margin budgets for the category as it relates to the strategic plan.
- Effectively partner cross-functionally to ensure results.
- Develop and lead self; attend appropriate skills or industry training classes to build competencies; work with direct manager to meet/exceed expectations in order to qualify for increased responsibility; be considered as upwardly mobile within the organization.
- Promote and support ABC company policies, procedures, mission, vision and core values.
What your background should look like
Requires minimum 8 years of experience in an analytical, merchandising and/or buying capacity with some management or retail experience. Technical experience should include MS Office, Word, Excel PowerPoint, knowledge of (IRI/AC Nielsen) market data, Access or other data base knowledge and planogram tools (Spaceman or Apollo). Demonstrated working experience in marketing strategies, vendor and product negotiations, item and promotional pricing along with item selection. Strong communication (written and oral) and presentation skills. Bachelor’s Degree required; retail, category management, consumer packaged goods experience preferred.
- Strong leadership skills
- Strong teamwork and interpersonal skills
- Proven ability to lead dynamically and energize multidiscipline work teams to learn and apply new skills and techniques to respond to business needs
- Strong analytical, conceptual and problem solving skills to evaluate business problems and apply knowledge to identify appropriate solutions; ability to resolve associate issues effectively and efficiently
- Strong project management skills, including the ability to work collaboratively across the organization and manage multiple projects of various diverse scope in a cross-functional environment
- Strong knowledge of product and supplier base, product relationships and industry trends
- Full working knowledge of sales, purchasing, supply chain management and/or inventory management principles and methodologies
- Proven ability to communicate effectively both orally and in writing
- Strong consultative and influencing skills
- Strong presentation skills
- Strong computer skills, can operate effectively with company systems and programs; knowledge of Microsoft Word, Excel and Outlook
What AmerisourceBergen offers
We offer competitive total rewards compensation. Our commitment to our associates includes benefit programs that are comprehensive, diverse and designed to meet the various needs across our associate population.
Throughout our global footprint and various business units, we take a balanced approach to the benefits we offer. Many benefits are company-paid, while others are available through associate contributions. Specific benefit offerings may vary by location, position and/or business unit.
$93,500 – 143,990
*This Salary Range reflects a National Average for this job. The actual range may vary based on your locale. Ranges in Colorado-specific locations may be up to 10% lower than the minimum salary range, and 12% higher than the maximum salary range.
Affiliated Companies: Affiliated Companies: AmerisourceBergen Drug Corporation
Equal Employment Opportunity
AmerisourceBergen is committed to providing equal employment opportunity without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information, national origin, age, disability, veteran status or membership in any other class protected by federal, state or local law.
Expected salary: $93500 – 143990 per year
Job date: Thu, 22 Dec 2022 08:07:22 GMT
Apply for the job now!