Job title: Certified Nursing Assistant, Full Time, Night Shift-12 Hr, Behavioral Health ICU
Company: Adventist Health
Job description: Certified Nursing Assistant, Full Time, Night Shift-12 Hr, Behavioral Health ICU
Southern California Region
📅 83795 Requisition #
Apply for Job Recommend to a Friend Sign Up for Job Alerts
Adventist Health is more than an award-winning health system. We provide whole-person care to our communities and champion the greater good – from the operating room to the boardroom, we are driven by our unique passion to live God’s love through health, wholeness and hope. From Oregon to Oahu, we have a calling to always do more. Now is your chance to apply your passion to our mission.
Since our founding in 1905 as the Glendale Sanitarium, countless patients have entrusted our physicians, nurses and associates with their healthcare needs. Today, we are the largest medical center serving the San Fernando Valley. As we continue to grow and evolve to better meet the needs of the communities we serve, we know that exceptional healthcare is more than medicine. It’s about how we choose to care for our patients and each other – taking time to listen, to understand, to answer questions, to hold a hand, even to pray. This is who we are, who we have always been – it is what we do best.
In the 2019-20 Regional Rankings List by U.S. News & World Report, Adventist Health Glendale (AHGL) ranked #17 in California and #10 in the LA Metro Area. Adventist Health Glendale also received its 11th consecutive A grade from patient safety organization The Leapfrog Group, the only hospital in Glendale or Burbank to receive the top grade.
We’re looking for someone to join our team as a Certified Nursing Assistant who:
- Provides personal nursing care to the patient under the direction of a licensed registered nurse (RN). Performs tasks associated with activities of daily living including self-care needs. Performs routine assigned tasks and reports patients’ status and concerns to the Registered Nurse (RN).
- Performs tasks associated with activities of daily living, including assisting with nutrition and hydration, elimination, personal care, positioning devices, restraints and restorative care.
- Takes vital signs including, pulse and blood pressure.
- Helps patients with their basic needs, i.e., bathing, dressing and feeding.
- Performs a variety clerical duties, which include but are not limited to routing patient reports as appropriate.
- Uses organizational skills to keep unit running smoothly and uses prioritization skills to meet deadlines as indicated. Provides assessment data.
- Performs other job-related duties as assigned.
You’ll be successful with the following qualifications:
- High School Diploma or equivalent: Preferred
- Certified Nursing Assistant (CNA) certification: Required
- Basic Life Support (BLS) Health Care Provider certification: Required
- Phlebotomy certificate: Preferred
- in California and HawaiiRefer to the Required Licenses and Certifications list for additional job and/or unit specific requirements.
Adventist Health is committed to the safety and wellbeing of our associates and patients. Therefore, we require that all associates receive all required vaccinations, including, but not limited to, measles, mumps, flu (based on the seasonal availability of the flu vaccine typically during October-March each year), COVID-19 vaccine (required in CA, HI and OR) etc., as a condition of employment, and annually thereafter. Medical and religious exemptions may apply.
Location: Glendale, CA
Job date: Sat, 17 Sep 2022 01:13:56 GMT
Apply for the job now!