Job title: Fred Meyer Murray’s Cheese Shop Associate
Job description: Job Description:
Company Name:Fred Meyer
Minimum Pay Range:[[req_MinPayRange]]
Maximum Pay Range:[[req_MaxPayRange]]
Assist Murray’s Cheese Master to provide a full-service Murray’s experience that will embody the food passion, cheese knowledge, interactive customer service, and industry leading merchandising that is uniquely Murray’s Cheese. Provide customers product information and knowledgeable service. Role model and demonstrate the Company’s core values of respect, honesty, integrity, diversity, inclusion and safety of self and others.
Fred Meyer also requires that all associates perform all tasks in a safe manner consistent with corporate policies and state and federal laws.
Essential Job Functions:
- Model “Customer 1st” behavior; deliver and encourage other associates to deliver excellent customer service
- Assist in the ordering of specialty cheeses
- Cut, wrap and merchandise cheese and related grocery items
- Create and maintain the Murray’s kiosk experience: education, service, effective cross-selling, merchandising, and promoting of designated products
- Provide active demos within the Murray’s Cheese kiosk
- Provide information on products to aid customers in purchasing cheese products
- Assist in the ordering of cheese products
- Maintain compliance with the following:
o divisional signing, recovery, and stockroom standards
o fixtures usage and maintenance standards
o all safety guidelines and standards
o shrink control guidelines
o corporate policies
o shipping/receiving procedures,
- Organize merchandising of the department floor
- Maintain condition of the facilities
- Promote and follow Company initiatives
- Must be able to perform the essential functions of this position with or without reasonable accommodation
Minimum Position Qualifications:
- High school diploma or general education degree (GED) plus a minimum of two years retail and/or cheese/specialty cheese/food experience and two years customer service experience; or combination of relevant education and experience.
- Minimum 18 years of age
- Ability to pass drug test
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment
- Complete Murray’s Basic Skills Training and Murray’s Red Jacket Training
- Ability to work weekends on a frequent basis
- Accuracy/attention to detail
- Ability to organize/prioritize tasks/projects
- Familiarity with cheese production terms and processes
- Willing to taste cheese regularly following Fred Meyer Associate Sampling policy
- Ability to continue education
- Any licenses or certificates required by federal and/or state
Desired Previous Job Experience:
- Knowledge of Fred Meyer policies, procedures, and organizational structure
- Knowledge of imported and domestic cheese varieties, their flavor profiles and how they are made
- Knowledge of industry trends in specialty cheeses
- Strong merchandising skills
- Familiarity with foreign product names, pronunciation, and meaning of applicable foreign terms
- Experience working with specialty cheeses and food
- Developing a level of expertise in presentation skills
- Second language-French, Italian, Spanish
- Related retail experience
Education Level: High School Diploma/GED Desired
Required Certifications/Licenses: Driver’s License
Position Type: Full-Time
Jobs at King Soopers: The final rate of pay is determined at store level based on prior equivalent work experience.
To support and reward our hardworking and friendly associates, we offer much more than just a paycheck. We strive to feed your future by offering the ingredients you need to create your own recipe for success at work and in life. Our associates receive a full plate of benefits that promote their physical, emotional and financial well-being, including access to competitive health care and retirement benefits, paid time off, mental health resources, associate discounts and opportunities to learn, grow and advance. Our associates also get to help us make a difference in our communities through our Zero Hunger | Zero Waste and Framework for Action: Diversity, Equity and Inclusion plans. Visit the thekrogerco.com to learn more about our work in the communities we serve and how our associates help us be a good neighbor.
Below is a list of some of the benefits we offer our associates.
Health & Well-being Benefits:
- Health care benefits
- Paid time off such as vacation, sick leave, and parental leave
- Mental and emotional support resources through our Employee Assistance Program
- Participation in a 401(k) plan and/or participation in a Taft-Hartley pension fund, subject to certain eligibility requirements
- Group term life insurance eligible, depending on varying criteria by location and subject to certain eligibility requirements
- Potentially bonus eligible depending on varying criteria by location
- Associate discounts
Growth and Development Benefits:
- Tuition assistance, college scholarships and educational leave of absence, depending on varying criteria by location and subject to certain eligibility requirements
- Robust internal training and development resources to grow your career
We want the best for associates and our customers, and together, we strive to create a welcoming and engaging environment where you’ll love to work. If you are interested in becoming a valued member of our team, apply now. We look forward to getting to know you!
Company Overview: Kroger Family of Companies employs nearly half a million associates who serve over 11 million customers daily through a seamless shopping experience under a variety of . At The Kroger Co., we are Fresh for Everyone™ and dedicated to our Purpose: To Feed the Human Spirit®. We are committed to creating #ZeroHungerZeroWaste communities by 2025. Careers with The Kroger Co. and our family of companies offer competitive wages, flexible schedules, benefits and room for advancement.
Posting Notes: AK || Eagle River || 13401 Old Glenn Hwy || 99577 || Fred Meyer || None || Deli/Bakery; Murray’s/Cheese Shop || Employee || Non-Exempt || Full-Time || Driver’s License
Location: Eagle River, AK
Job date: Tue, 22 Nov 2022 03:59:40 GMT
Apply for the job now!