Job title: 23 Para for Deaf Education Classroom
Company: Mid-Del Schools
Job description: JOB DESCRIPTION: PARA FOR DEAF EDUCATION CLASSROOM
SALARY SCHEDULE: SCHEDULE JJ
DEPARTMENT: SPECIAL SERVICES
FLSA STATUS: NON-EXEMPT
A paraprofessional works to assist a teacher throughout their daily classroom activities. Some of the duties include helping schedule and implement programs in accordance with the curriculum as well as general classroom and clerical duties such as maintaining a clean and safe environment or printing and preparing educational material.
- To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily
- Have obtained an associate’s degree (or higher); or have taken and passed the WorkKeys test, Parapro Test, the Oklahoma General Education Test, or completed 48 hours of collegiate studies at an accredited university. This is a required component for employment.
- Must complete Paraprofessional training within 120 days of employment; required
- ASL experience and/or skills preferred
- Ability to perform all essential duties
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES: * Participate in multidisciplinary team meetings to develop appropriate individual educational programs. (IEP)
- Assist students with daily tasks as directed by the teacher.
- Assists teachers with conducting lessons, managing the classroom and developing materials.
- Track student progress during the school year and create reports to let parents understand what their children are learning.
- Communicates with educational and related services staff, and other professionals concerned with the student’s educational progress.
- Work with small group activities.
- Assist students with appropriate behavior.
- Assist teachers in providing those activities that serve to enhance the student’s quality of life. (showering, diaper changing, etc.).
- Assist the teacher with the implementation of individualized educational programs.
- Additional duties that may be assigned by the immediate supervisor.
Ability to read, analyze, and interpret common scientific and technical journals, financial reports, and legal documents. Ability to respond to common inquiries or complaints from customers, regulatory agencies, or members of the business community. Ability to write speeches and articles for publication that conform to prescribed style and format. Ability to effectively present information to top management, public groups, and/or boards of directors.
Ability to calculate figures and amounts such as discounts, interest, commissions, proportions, percentages, area, circumference, and volume. Ability to apply concepts of basic algebra and geometry.
Ability to define problems, collect data, establish facts, and draw valid conclusions. Ability to interpret an extensive variety of technical instructions in mathematical or diagram form and deal with several abstract and concrete variables.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to sit; use hands to handle or feel objects, tools, or controls; and talk or hear. The employee is occasionally required to stand, walk, and reach with hands and arms.
The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 25 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and the ability to adjust focus.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. To ensure continuity of services, remote work may be necessary in the event of a health crisis or disruptive situation that requires the closing of school and/or office buildings. An employee’s eligibility for remote work will be determined by the superintendent of schools. Expectations and guidelines for remote work will be distributed by the employee’s supervisor, based on his/her role and responsibilities.
Please note that job descriptions are not intended, and should not be construed, to be exhaustive lists of all responsibilities, skills, efforts, or working conditions associated with a job. They are intended to be accurate reflections of those principal job elements essential for making fair hiring and pay decisions. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Job Title : 2022-23 Para for Deaf Education Classroom
Primary Location : Special Services
Salary Range : Per Year
Shift Type : Full-Time
Job date: Sat, 09 Jul 2022 00:12:24 GMT
Apply for the job now!