Job title: AC Refrigeration Engineering Technician
Company: Life Cycle Engineering
Job description: Job Description
Air Conditioning/Refrigeration Engineering Technician
Life Cycle Engineering is looking for an experienced Engineering Technician IV Mechanical (Air Conditioning/Refrigeration) to join our team in Norfolk, VA assisting Ships Force and/or involved Navy Technical Activities with troubleshooting, repair, testing and grooming of systems and equipment.
- Must be a US citizen with the ability to obtain/maintain a DoD Secret security clearance.
- EPA Universal certification
Essential Functions and Responsibilities:
- Provide assessment status and operational checks of equipment and systems which include:
- Identify and document system and/or equipment problems
- Correct and/or repair identified discrepancies and required corrective actions
- Identify and document design problems
- Identify and document logistic support deficiencies and recommend corrective actions
- Develop and provide on-the job training (OJT) to Ships Force personnel
- Verify configuration data and existing 2 Kilos for accuracy
- Develop test specifications
Required Education, Skills, and Experience:
- Demonstrated minimum of eight (8) years of general hands-on mechanical experience with US Navy HM&E equipment.
- Demonstrated minimum of five (5) years of specialized hands-on experience in the troubleshooting, assessment, operation, repair and maintenance of US Naval Ships’ air compressors, air conditioning plants, ships refrigeration system, electronic cooling water systems, dry air systems and bleed air system.
- Demonstrated in depth knowledge of shipboard air conditioning, refrigeration, high pressure and low pressure air compressors, bleed air valves, combat dry air system, and electronic cooling water systems.
- Candidates shall be proficient using general and special purpose electronic test equipment to perform organizational level maintenance.
- Candidates shall have an EPA “Universal Certification to handle/work with refrigerant.
- The specialized experience shall demonstrate the individual’s ability to:
- Demonstrate a working knowledge of Navy assessment programs, visit processes and reporting methods for visits.
- Demonstrate regular use of accepted current instrumentation for diagnosing equipment.
- Interpret wiring diagrams and control schematics.
- Must have recent and current experience within two (2) years.
- Utilize computers including the Microsoft Office Suite to compile information for reports and history files, transfer digital pictures from camera to computer, enhance as required, and label them for report purposes.
- Communicate effectively in writing and orally.
- Interpret wiring diagrams, control schematics and plans and the ability as Subject Matter Expert (SME) to troubleshoot, analyze and provide distance support for listed equipment.
- Experience in the preparation and adjudication of Departures From Specifications (Client) and Engineering Support Requests (ESRs), and review of Work Items and Process Control Procedures (PCPs) when required.
- Familiarity with Microsoft Office software, ILS-LOGICOM, TAAS-Info and Fleet Scheduling Center (FSC).
Physical Demands and Expectations:
- Regular physical activity to include walking, climbing stairs, and standing; frequent periods of prolonged sitting may be required.
- Maneuvering around tight spaces in a shipboard environment
- Ability to speak, read, hear, and write, with or without assistance.
- Ability to use phone and computer systems, copier, fax and other office equipment.
This position description re present s a summary of the major components and requirements of the outlined job. Other duties and responsibilities may be assigned or required as business needs dictate. Questions regarding this description should immediately be addressed to the department manager or to Human Resources.
L IFE C YCLE E NGINEERING
Life Cycle Engineering (LCE) is a privately held, employee-owned company with an emphasis on “doing the right thing the right way, which applies to the way we treat our customers and employees. We are proud to have been recognized as a “Best Place to Work for 14 years running! Learn more below and at .
Our mission is to enable people and organizations to achieve their full potential.
As a professional services organization, our mission is focused on our clients’ people and organizations. It is our company’s cornerstone belief that we will not lead the industry in assisting our clients unless we excel at helping our own people and teams reach their full potential.
Our corporate culture encourages personal and professional growth because LCE’s success depends on the talent, innovation, professionalism, and commitment of its employees. LCE is a strengths-based organization focused on turning individual talents into strengths and then turning individual strengths into organizational performance that supports our clients’ success.
- Affordable Medical/Dental/Vision Plans for employees and their families
- Free Employee Life and Disability Insurance, with supplemental coverage options available
- Health Savings Account and Flexible Savings Account options
- Company matched 401(k) & company-funded Employee Stock Ownership Program (ESOP)
- Paid Vacation, Holiday, Sick Leave
- Dynamic employee innovation/entrepreneurship program which includes education, empowerment, and monetary rewards
- Continuing Education and Professional Development programs at all levels
- Flexible Schedules and Relaxed Dress Code
- Employer-sponsored events, social collaboration, and open communication
- Free access to an extensive online training library, including certification prep
- Bonus Program for outstanding contributions, Employee Referral Program, numerous Recognition Opportunities, and more
*Benefits may vary by business unit and location. http://www.lce.com/Employee_Benefits_358.html
Life Cycle Engineering (LCE) shall abide by the requirements of 41 CFR 60-1.4(a), 60-300.5(a) and 60-741.5(a). These regulations prohibit discrimination against qualified individuals based on their status as protected veterans or individuals with disabilities, and prohibit discrimination against all individuals based on their race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, or national origin. Moreover, these regulations require that LCE take affirmative action to employ and advance in employment individuals without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, disability, because of or on the basis of pregnancy, childbirth, or related medical conditions, including, but not limited to, lactation, and any other status protected by applicable state law . In addition, LCE will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment because such employee or applicant has inquired about, discussed, or disclosed the compensation of the employee or applicant or another employee or applicant. LCE shall also abide by the requirements of 29 CFR Part 471, Appendix A.
Location: Norfolk, VA
Job date: Sun, 26 Jun 2022 04:18:09 GMT
Apply for the job now!