Job title: Accountant (Need someone with Cost Accounting Background)
Job description: Position : Accountant (Need someone with Cost Accounting Background)
Location : Sparks, MD
Duration : 12 Months
Total Hours/week : 40.00
Client: Medical Device Company
Job Category: Accounting/Finance
Level Of Experience: Entry Level
Employment Type: Contract on W2 (Need US Citizens or GC Holders Only)
- The successful candidate will work in a fast-paced and rewarding work environment. Reporting to Associate Director of Operations Finance, the Cost Analyst is primarily responsible for supporting Operations Finance for IDS and assists in month-end closings, budget preparation, forecasting, and monthly consolidations of KPI’s and reporting relative to IDS Operations Finance.
- Coordinates and participates in the annual budget and quarterly forecasting processes for assigned accounts.
- Consolidate various monthly results with commentary on key drivers.
- Provides detailed explanations and analyses on departmental spending and key drivers vs. budget and forecast on a monthly, quarterly, and annual basis.
- Assists in the Monthly Inventory Reporting and E&O process
- Performs month end duties necessary for closing the books
- Books necessary journal entries/accruals.
- Performs balance sheet reconciliations for assigned accounts.
- Conducts ad hoc projects or analyses or other duties as assigned
The ideal candidate will meet these qualifications:
- B.S. degree in Accounting or Finance required.
- Minimum 2 – 3 years of relevant experience required, manufacturing industry preferred.
- CPA / CMA / MBA or equivalent or working toward qualification is desirable.
- Candidate should be well organized and possess good analytical and communication skills, analytical skills.
- Candidate must be highly proficient working with Microsoft Excel and reasonably proficient with other common applications such as MS Access, MS Word, and MS PowerPoint; working knowledge of JDE and Hyperion is desirable.
- Self-driven, proactive and seeks continuous improvement.
- Ability to work in a fast-paced, matrixed, challenging environment with strong attention to detail.
- Previous experience working in a highly visible role that will interact with individuals at all organizational levels, internal and external, and at remote locations.
Location: Baltimore, MD
Job date: Fri, 15 Jul 2022 22:49:46 GMT
Apply for the job now!