Job title: Accounting Advisory Supervisor (Trust)
Company: BPM Accounting and Consulting
Job description: BPM Overview:
What does BPM stand for? Innovation, opportunity, community, diversity, inclusivity, flexibility and so much more.
B-P-M stands for “Because People Matter,” because at our core, our people drive everything we do and how we do it.
We are a forward-thinking, full-service accounting firm providing modern solutions to businesses across the globe. We focus on comprehensive assurance, tax, and consulting services for our clients, and we provide our people and our community with the resources to lead meaningful and purposeful lives.
While we are one of the largest California-based accounting firms, our flexible work locations and schedules mean we have professionals across the continent. BPM offers a rich diversity in clients, industries, and overall work. Our teams and our clients drive us to provide quality services and ignite unique insights and ideas that contribute to our continued success. Our clients come from different backgrounds and industries, which keep our people intellectually challenged every day.
Our initiatives and ideals lead to our continued recognition as one of the “Best Places to Work” in the Bay Area and beyond. We are dedicated to providing meaningful careers for all of our employees along with fostering an environment that allows an integrated lifestyle. Our flexible culture allows our professionals to live a balanced lifestyle between their work responsibilities and personal commitments.
Accounting Advisory Overview:
BPM’s Business & Outsourcing Services team provides comprehensive financial and business advisory services to private, owner-run companies, including family-owned businesses and start-ups. We do this by providing outsource accounting services, cash flow modeling, financial reporting. We also represent companies in securing loans and financing, develop succession plans and exit strategies, and support company growth through tax planning, risk management, system and processes optimization and merger and acquisition integration.
In addition, as part of the Advisory Service Line, our Business Enterprise Services Team (BEST) works with clients on their ERP system implementation needs, introducing and utilizing technology, to streamline their accounting processes and procedures.
- A unique people-centered culture that attracts the brightest and most forward-thinking accounting professionals.
- The resources, expertise, and global capability of a Big Four accounting firm together with the responsiveness and accessibility of a local firm.
- A regional presence in the Bay Area, while still serving our clients nationally and internationally.
- Recognition as one of the Bay Area’s “Best Place to Work” and “No. 1 Best Large Accounting Firm to Work For” by Accounting Today.
You Have (Requirements):
- BS/BA in Accounting, Finance, Business Management, MIS or Information Systems degree (Accounting preferred).
- CPA or CPA in progress.
- Minimum 3 years related experience in public accounting.
- Minimum 1-2 years related experience in a corporate accounting environment.
- Experience with data conversions, interfaces/integrations, reporting and customization within various ERP systems.
- Experience using QuickBooks, Intacct and NetSuite and/or other accounting packages.
- Demonstrated leadership/supervisor experience.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills.
- Able to work with multiple clients and projects concurrently.
- Ability to synthesize all forms of research into clear, thoughtful, actionable deliverables.
- Knowledge of GAAP is preferred.
You Will (Job Responsibilities):
- Manage accounting services for clients like assist in month-end close, including A/P, A/R, journal entries, account reconciliations and assisting in the preparation of financial statements.
- Partner with senior consultants to assess client ERP implementation needs, assist in crafting innovative solutions that span different subject matter domains and implement these plans to exceed the client’s expectations.
- Work on engagement teams and support managers on small to mid-size private company management and compilation reports.
- Participate in multiple engagements and interact with client personnel throughout the implementation.
- Be a contributing member to the team, soaking up information and competently analyzing and prioritizing information to make appropriate recommendations and suggest solutions.
- Participate in special projects for our clients that provide further growth and learning experiences, as needed.
LinkedIn Code: #LI-CJ1
Wondering if you should apply?
BPM is powered by knowledgeable, enthusiastic, and forward-thinking people committed to developing a culture of inclusion. We recognize, develop, and empower talent and encourage diversity of thought. Your point of view, skillset and experience will only make us stronger, so if you’re eager to share new ideas and try new things, we want to hear from you.
BPM provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws.
For positions based in San Francisco, consideration of qualified candidates with arrest and conviction records will be in a manner consistent with the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance.
Please note – this posting is for prospective candidates only. Unsolicited third party resume submissions will be considered property of BPM and will not be acknowledged or returned.
BPM COVID Vaccination Policy
Effective July 1, 2021, only fully vaccinated employees will be permitted to enter our offices until further notice. Fully vaccinated means there has been a 2 full week period since the last vaccine. All employees must wear a mask until further notice.
Location: Walnut Creek, CA
Job date: Thu, 07 Apr 2022 07:54:20 GMT
Apply for the job now!