Job title: Accounting and Finance Leader in Development
Company: Omni Hotels & Resorts
Job description: Location
The Omni Nashville Hotel was specially created to be an authentic expression of Nashville’s vibrant music culture. Across from the new Music City Center, the luxury hotel is a one-of-a-kind experience, fully integrated with an expansion of the Country Music Hall of Fame and Museum on four levels. Located on Fifth Avenue between Demonbreun and Korean Veterans Blvd. The Omni Nashville Hotel design is a modern expression of the city’s distinct character, incorporating natural materials, exposed steel and regional limestone. The multi-story hotel and expanded museum shares meeting and entertainment space and brings additional restaurants and retail venues to this dynamic destination in downtown Nashville.
The Omni Nashville Hotel’s associates enjoy a dynamic and exciting work environment, comprehensive training and mentoring, along with the pride that comes from working for a company with a reputation for exceptional service. We embody a culture of respect, gratitude and empowerment day in and day out. If you are a friendly, motivated person, with a passion to serve others, the Omni Nashville may be your perfect match.
Omni Nashville Hotel is excited to offer competitive wages and benefits, growth opportunities, paid time off, and hotel stay discounts! If you love hospitality, and have a passion to serve others then you’ll love working with the Omni Nashville Hotel – apply today!
This position is for someone who wishes to make Accounting, Finance and Hospitality their career. The Leader In Development (LID) program is a Management Training Program directed to entry level candidates with a Bachelors Degree or equivalent to develop their management skills by training them in all aspects of the finance function. The person selected will spend a portion of their time working in other departments of the hotel. This position is intended to last for one year so candidates must be able to relocate upon completion of the program.
- LIDs receive a high level of responsibility in solving problems autonomously and are able to see the effects resulting from their actions.
- This program requires participants to work a minimum of 5 hours per week, spent performing responsibilities in the finance department and completing Learning Contracts focused on all various hotel functions. The completion of these contracts occurs through meeting with mentors and experts in these areas, and often through acting in a capacity to fulfill a new role.
- A Hotel Mentor is assigned to the LID to help manage progress within the LID’s discipline and across all Learning Contracts.
- Although considered a “trainee,” integration into the management team occurs on the first day of the program.
- The ultimate goal of the program is to launch participants into a management position immediately upon graduation as a LID.
- Ensure that the processing of all invoices is completed properly.
- Process checks for payment of all invoices as necessary.
- Process checks manually in an emergency situation.
- Maintain complete and accurate files in order to handle vendor inquiries.
- Reconcile vendor statements and solve any discrepancies.
- Coordinate and analyze general ledger with controller.
- Must have a bachelor’s (4 year college) degree, preferably in accounting and/or hospitality.
- Previous accounting or hospitality experience preferred. Previous supervisory or leadership experience is preferred.
- Previous cash handling experience preferred
- Must be service and detail oriented; possessing a friendly approachable demeanor and strong problem-solving skills.
- Ability to clearly and pleasantly communicate both verbally and in writing in English with guests, management and co-workers, both in person and by telephone
- Ability to accurately and efficiently input information into computer systems with developed computer proficiencies.
- Ability to work cohesively with co-workers both within and outside of your department
- Ability to think clearly, quickly and make concise decisions
- Strong organizational skills with the ability to multi-task and provide guest follow up in a fast paced environment.
- Ability to handle stressful situations, while maintaining a calm and welcoming demeanor.
- Able to work with management on special projects.
- Must be willing and able to relocate at the completion of the LID program.
- Must be able to work at minimum a 47.5 hour workweek to include a flexible schedule to include weekends, and holidays.
Omni Hotels & Resorts is an equal opportunity employer. The EEO is the Law poster and its supplement are available using the following links: and the following link is the
If you are interested in applying for employment with Omni Hotels & Resorts and need special assistance to apply for a posted position, please send an email to .
Location: Nashville, TN
Job date: Sun, 10 Jul 2022 01:10:56 GMT
Apply for the job now!