Job title: Accounting Clerk
Company: State of Nebraska
Job description: Description
$3,000 hiring bonus to join the Judicial Branch! The Judicial Branch is a state-funded Branch of Government that offers benefits to include medical/dental/vision, $20,000 free basic life insurance, state-matched 156% retirement plan, 13 paid holidays, earned paid vacation and sick leave, tuition reimbursement and more.
Are you organized, motivated and looking for a rewarding career that will make a difference in the lives of individuals in your community? The Douglas County Court is taking applications for an Accounting Clerk I. This position is located in our Probate Division. This position’s primary responsibility is for conducting financial audits of a ward’s assets against court directed orders. A secondary function will be to assist, as needed, with the balancing of all financial records of the county court. The Judicial Branch values our employees as well as a supportive environment that strives to promote diversity, equity, inclusion and belonging. We recruit, hire, train and promote in all job qualifications at all levels without regard to race, religion, sex, age, national origin, disability, marital status, sexual orientation or genetics. The Judicial Branch adheres to Veterans Preference Laws.
Location: Douglas County Court, Omaha NE
Schedule: 8-5 M-F
Examples of Work
Work involves reviewing probate packets for financial assets of the ward and analyze the income and expenditures to determine if income and expenditures are properly documented. In addition, duties will include examining expenditures to identify any possible discrepancies from what is court Ordered. In addition, work involves excellent written skills, on order to draft communication to the assigned Judge sharing any observations made. Items which are part of this process include bank statements, print outs from various bookkeeping software programs, receipts from purchases, utility bills, etc.
Qualifications / Requirements
MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS: Graduation from high school, or its equivalent plus at least two years’ experience working with financial records.
PREFERRED QUALIFICATIONS: Bilingual skills in English and Spanish.
OTHER QUALIFICATIONS: Successful completion of JUSTICE training within six months from the date of hire and demonstrate proficiency in knowledge and use of the court computer system.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES:
- Familiarity with the use of standard office and computer equipment, ability to follow instructions, experience and knowledge of the principles and practices of accounting concepts and procedures.
- Clerical accounting methods, forms and techniques, filing and maintaining accounting records, mathematical functions related to accounting processes, word processing and spreadsheet computer software programs.
- Word and Excel experience.
- Ability to learn and apply agency policies and guidelines pertinent to clerical accounting such as terminology, codes and classifications.
- Maintaining financial records and preparing clerical accounting reports and statements; computing, compiling and posting figures involving the use of addition, subtraction, multiplication, division, percentages and fractions.
- Lifting and moving 50 pound boxes and using 2-wheel and 4-wheel carts.
We offer a comprehensive package of pay, benefits, paid time off, retirement and professional development opportunities to help you get the most out of your career and life. Your paycheck is just part of your total compensation.
Check out all that the State of Nebraska has to offer! For more information on benefits currently offered to permanent teammates, please visit:
Expected salary: $2841.37 per month
Location: Omaha, NE
Job date: Sun, 10 Jul 2022 00:52:43 GMT
Apply for the job now!