Job title: Accounting Manager (Hybrid)
Job description: Job Summary:
The Accounting Manager will be an essential leader on the finance and accounting team responsible for the following functions: internal accounting manager reporting in accordance with US GAAP, partnering with foreign accounting teams on in-country compliance, month-end close including review of journal entries, balance sheet reconciliations and expense variances, implementation of internal control procedures and participation in external financial statement audits. They will be an active mentor and coach to develop members of the boarder accounting team. This position reports to the Controller, VP of Accounting and will serve as the de facto Assistant Controller.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Ensure timeliness of the month end close process and completeness and accuracy of accounting records in accordance with US GAAP. Work closely with accounting operational managers in AR, AP and Revenue.
- Work with foreign accounting partners on transfer pricing transactions, monthly trial balance reconciliations and tax filings
- Review journal entries, balance sheet reconciliations, and financial statements for month end close
- Provide role of new operational accounting on new technical guidance, ie ASC 842 lease accounting
- Partner closely with FP&A team to support budget/forecast vs actual variance analysis
- Implement and monitor adequate/effective internal controls; will include evaluation of internal control gaps to move toward a SOX compliant internal control program
- Help to build and maintain a comprehensive policy and procedures manual for accounting and financial reporting functions
- Optimize Intacct accounting system and support future integrations to scale operations and accelerate month end close, ie, prepaids amortization, ach banking
- Provide expertise in identifying opportunities for process improvements and automation.
- Manage, lead, and coach team of 2 direct reports (or more in the future), including monitoring daily workload, providing training to ensure excellence in quality and customer service, measuring performance and establishing priorities and goals to support growth initiatives and operational expansion
- Support financial statement audit, to include providing PBC requests, selections testing and follow up requests
- Support Controller and business partners to complete special projects as assigned
Education and Experience:
- Bachelor’s degree (B.S.) in Accounting, MBA plus
- CPA preferred
- 3+ years of public accounting experience; 2+ years of various positions and levels of management within accounting
- U.S. work authorization required
- Previous audit management experience preferred
- Experience with Sage Intacct highly preferred, or comparable large ERP software system
- Experience with Sales Force, Banking, Asset Panda
- Experience with MS Excel, Pivot Tables, VLOOKLUP’s, and complex formula
- Strong knowledge of US GAAP in a public accounting environment
- Experienced with accounting concepts related to the services industry and government an advantage
- Organized and focused to drive results, improve processes, manage escalations, and meet operational deadlines
- Strong written and oral communication and ability to relate and communicate effectively across all levels of staff inside and outside the department
- Proven ability to work cross-functionally with diverse groups
- Hands-on, energetic team player with proven ability to work independently and manage team with limited supervision
- Ability to prioritize projects, quickly determine the requirements to accomplish them, and analyze the processes to figure out how to simplify, automate, and improve them for increased efficiency
- Requirement to handle confidential information with strong business ethics
- Strong problem analysis and problem-solving skills to identify issues, trends, or exceptions to drive improvement in results
- Excellent time-management skills and ability to prioritize deliverables, multitask and adapt quickly in a fast-paced environment
- Ability to identify gaps in controls and remedy in partnership with management team
- Experienced in managing and co-managing remote as well as in-office.
- Hybrid work schedule – M,W,F remote and T,TH in office
- Home office should be quiet and spacious enough to conduct business over MS Teams
Avenu provides local governments with ways to achieve more predictable revenue that supports growth, fuels modernization and ensures compliance with mandated but underfunded programs. Avenu’s revenue enhancement and administrative solutions find and recover license, permit and other taxes that cities and counties struggle to collect. The insights and improved fiscal posture enables governments to deliver expected services and sustain a high quality of life for residents.
Avenu is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Selection for a position will be made without regard to race, religion, national origin, sex, political affiliation, marital status, non-disqualifying physical handicap, and age.
Location: Centreville, VA
Job date: Fri, 08 Jul 2022 23:33:34 GMT
Apply for the job now!