Job title: Accounting Manager – Wholesale Revenue
Job description: Be unstoppable with us!
T-Mobile is synonymous with innovation-and you could be part of the team that disrupted an entire industry! We reinvented customer service, brought real 5G to the nation, and now we’re shaping the future of technology in wireless and beyond. Our work is as exciting as it is rewarding, so consider the career opportunity below as your invitation to grow with us, make big things happen with us, above all, #BEYOU with us. Together, we won’t stop!
The Accounting Manager is a key position within the Controller’s group, supporting the revenue accounting team. This is an individual contributor role responsible for participating in and helping to oversee the accounting close process, driving process improvements, and providing management and leadership for business initiatives impacting revenue accounting. This position will collaborate with business partners cross the enterprise, including FP&A, operations, various systems teams, as well as accounting policy and external reporting.
The ideal candidate will have a strong foundation in operational and/or technical accounting, excellent critical thinking skills, and a record of successfully implementing process improvements and adapting to changing business needs.
WHAT YOU’LL DO IN YOUR ROLE:
- Help set team vision and assist leadership in alignment of the overall department and corporate objectives. Assist in hiring, coaching, and training of team members, as needed.
- Participate in the monthly financial close process, including preparation and/or review of journal entries, balance sheet reconciliations, variance analysis, and disclosure schedules.
- Identify and communicate issues or areas for process improvements, drive to resolution and implement best practices.
- Maintain knowledge of current accounting standards and SEC reporting requirements to ensure proper application in T-Mobile’s close process.
- Assist in ensuring appropriate controls are in place throughout certain areas of accounting responsibilities.
- Effectively support the quarter-end and year-end financial audit performed by internal and external auditors.
- Effectively partner with cross-functional teams to support business initiatives, drive process improvements, and implement best practices.
THE EXPERIENCE YOU’LL BRING:
- Minimum of 5+ years of progressive experience.
- Bachelor’s degree in accounting or related field.
- Public accounting or public company experience.
- CPA or Charted Accountant.
- Advanced understanding of accounting theory, current accounting issues, accounting systems, and internal controls.
- Proven ability to make sound, fact-based decisions, and recommendations.
- Effectively collaborates with all levels of organization and cross-functional teams.
- Strong communications skills, including verbal, written and visual.
- Demonstrated ability to adapt and excel in a fast-paced and rapidly changing environment.
- Understanding of large-scale data mining, automation, and data visualization reporting tools (PowerBI, SQL, Alteryx) is a plus.
- At least 18 years of age
- Legally authorized to work in the United States
- T-Mobile requires all employees in this position to be fully vaccinated for COVID-19 prior to starting work, unless precluded from doing so by applicable law. The CDC currently defines “fully vaccinated” as two weeks after the second dose for Pfizer and Moderna, and two weeks after the single dose of Johnson & Johnson. T-Mobile will require proof of vaccination prior to successful applicants first day of work, and will consider requests for exemption from this requirement during the offer phase (1) as a reasonable accommodation for medical reasons or sincerely held religious beliefs where the accommodation would not cause T-Mobile undue hardship or pose a direct threat to the health and safety of others, or (2) for other reasons under applicable law.
Never stop growing!
T-Mobile doesn’t have a corporate ladder-it’s more like a jungle gym of possibilities! We love helping our employees grow in their careers, because it’s that shared drive to aim high that drives our business and our culture forward.
If you’d like to receive more information about careers at T-Mobile, sign up for the T-Mobile Talent Community today!
T-Mobile USA, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All decisions concerning the employment relationship will be made without regard to age, race, ethnicity, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, religious affiliation, marital status, citizenship status, veteran status, the presence of any physical or mental disability, or any other status or characteristic protected by federal, state, or local law. Discrimination, retaliation or harassment based upon any of these factors is wholly inconsistent with how we do business and will not be tolerated.
Talent comes in all forms at the Un-carrier. If you are an individual with a disability and need reasonable accommodation at any point in the application or interview process, please let us know by emailing [email protected] or calling 1-844-873-9500. Please note, this contact channel is not a means to apply for or inquire about a position and we are unable to respond to non-accommodation related requests.
Location: Frisco, TX
Job date: Mon, 27 Jun 2022 00:03:05 GMT
Apply for the job now!