Job title: Accounting Services Volunteer
Company: City of Goodyear
Job description: Job Description Summary
The City of Goodyear is looking for a volunteer to provide administrative support in the Accounting Services Division of the Finance Department. They will perform administrative duties, assist with projects and provide information and assistance as requested.
- Proficiency or aptitude for working with Microsoft Excel, Microsoft Word, and accounting or database systems. Computer experience and demonstrated ten-key and typing skills desired.
- Knowledge necessary to understand and operate basic office equipment, such as printers and scanners.
- Strong organization skills and the ability to read and follow basic operational and office processes, such as creating and maintaining electronic and paper files.
- The ability to perform general math calculations such as addition, subtraction, multiplication and division. Ability to read and write. Level of knowledge equivalent to four years of high school.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills.
- No experience necessary.
- Passing a background check.
Performs administrative duties in a fast paced, professional environment. Under the direction of the Finance Manager and/or Senior Accountant, the Accounting volunteer will be performing inquiries to retrieve information from our accounting system (Tyler Munis), create and maintain spreadsheets and other related electronic data, download and print copies of invoices and other supporting documentation, create capital asset / fixed asset files, reconcile supporting documentation with general ledger information, and interact with Finance and other department personnel to resolve questions and issues. We are flexible with the number of days and hours per week, with the need being driven by project related deadlines.
Location: Goodyear, AZ
Job date: Sun, 10 Jul 2022 01:38:43 GMT
Apply for the job now!