Job title: Accounting Specialist
Job description: Accounting Specialist
(HOA Division – Greenville, SC)
Location: Greenville Office
Report To: Accounting Supervisor
Under regular supervision of the Accounting Supervisor, the Accounting Specialist is responsible for accounting functions of the homeowners associations by NHE. Accounting Specialist may also take direction from the Chief Financial Officer or Controller from time to time.
I. ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Performs systems input of receivable receipts using TOPS software and bank technologies
- Utilizes payables software program, Strong Room Solutions, which includes vendor data and NACHA files
- Performs monthly bank reconciliations using TOPS software
- Utilizes receivables software program to maintain and collect homeowner dues through electronic debit
- Prepares monthly financial packets
- Apply recurring and nonrecurring charges to homeowner accounts
- Communicate with homeowner about account balance and history
- Communicate with attorney about homeowner account balances in collection status
- Works with and assists Association Manager with research, questions, and understanding of financial information
- Maintains database of homeowner information for multiple associations
- Performs systems input of association budgets as needed
- Other duties may be assigned
- This job description does not list all functions and tasks. Job functions may be added, deleted, or modified at any time by your management team.
II. OTHER RESPONSIBILITIES
- Accounting Specialist may be assigned to assist with review of software functions and software integration with other service partners
III. KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES
- Bookkeeping Experience
- Computer Literacy
- Attention to Detail
- Sound Organizational Skills
- People Skills
- Communication Skills
IV. SUPERVISORY RESPONSIBILITIES
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
VI. EDUCATION AND/OR EXPERIENCE
Two-year certificate from college or technical school; six months related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
VII. LANGUAGE/MATHEMATICAL/REASONING ABILITY
Ability to read and interpret documents such as safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions, and procedure manuals. Ability to write routine reports and correspondence. Ability to speak effectively before groups of customers or employees of organization.
Ability to calculate figures and amounts such as discounts, interest, commissions, proportions, percentages, area, circumference, and volume. Ability to apply concepts of basic algebra. Ability to apply common sense understanding to carry out instructions furnished in written, oral, or diagram form. Ability to deal with problems involving several concrete variables in standardized situations.
VIII. PHYSICAL DEMANDS
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to sit; use hands to finger, handle, or feel; talk or hear; and while performing the duties of this job, the employee will regularly experience wrist motion. The employee is occasionally required to stand; walk; reach with hands and arms; and stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl.
The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 25 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, and ability to adjust focus.
IX. WORKING CONDITIONS AND ENVIRONMENT
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. While performing the duties of this job, the employee regularly works alone. The employee is occasionally exposed to outside weather conditions. The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.
X. WORKING CONDITIONS AND ENVIRONMENT
The employee in this job must be knowledgeable about the company’s policies and procedures as described in the company Employee Handbook.
About NHE, Inc.
As a diverse real estate management company, we appreciate the importance that professionalism, caring service and relationships have on providing quality services to residents and property owners alike. We work to provide superior service by capitalizing on our vast experience, dedicated employees and investments in technology, training and certification.
Based in Greenville, South Carolina, NHE is a leader in homeowner association management services, multi-family and apartment management solutions, and consults with owners and operators to determine best practice operations.
Expected salary: $15 – 17 per hour
Location: Greenville, SC
Job date: Mon, 27 Jun 2022 01:05:17 GMT
Apply for the job now!