Job title: Accounting / Staff Accountant
Company: California Accounting
Job description: Staff Accountant
Functions: Accounting, Bookkeeping, Tax Preparation
Reports To: Accounting Solutions Manager
Location: Citrus Heights, CA
FLSA Status: Non-Exempt
California Accounting & Tax, Inc. (CaAccounting) is a locally staffed outsourced accounting and tax firm serving small to medium sized businesses. Our team of accounting and tax professionals work together on multiple clients in various industries. CaAccounting is an affiliate of The Hawaii Group, Hawaii’s leading business process outsourcing firm. We strongly believe in working personally and directly with our clients, connecting through our core principles of integrity, transparency, and dedicated client service.
CaAccounting is seeking an Accountant to join its outsourced accounting division. The Accountant is primarily responsible for the preparation of accounting workpapers and reconciliations to support the issuance of financial statements and management reports. The Accountant should be self-driven, passionate and client service focused. The Accountant reports to the President of CaAccounting under the supervision of a Senior Accountant and/or Director of Tax Services.
- Prepares and organizes workpapers and reconciliations necessary to support the financial statements closing.
- Reconciliations include but are not limited to: bank reconciliations, accounts receivable aging, accounts payable aging, intercompany loans, debt, retained earnings/equity, and departmentalized revenue and expenses.
- Prepares financial statements and management reports.
- Assists in the preparation of budgets and variance analysis.
- Ability to organize and prioritize work and frequently communicate status with senior/director.
- Understands general business including business law, formation and entity types.
- Practices integrity and professional judgment, including asking questions when needed.
- Self-driven and takes initiative to research questions.
- Embraces technology and quickly adapts to technological changes.
- Understands assigned client’s business and industry and works closely with management to have a full understanding of client’s service needs.
- Develops relationships with client and takes part in client events.
- Delivers best-in-class client service with an emphasis on being responsive, professional, and accurate.
- Deadline driven and completes tasks in a timely manner.
- Protects organization’s values by keeping information confidential.
- Tracks and records time accurately.
- Actively contributes to the overall positive culture of the company.
- Embraces team-based approach to client service.
- Encourages collaboration, open communication and problem solving in a team.
- Participates and engages in training. Seeks continuing education opportunities.
- Seeks mentoring and coaching opportunities.
- Ensures work is performed in compliance with the company’s established policies and procedures.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
Reasonable Accommodations Statement: To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. CaAccounting shall make reasonable accommodations to enable qualified individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
SKILLS & ABILITIES
The ideal Accountant is familiar with accounting and financial operations in a fast-paced, for-profit environment. This person will meet most or all of the following requirements:
Education: Bachelor’s degree in accounting or business administration, or equivalent business experience.
Experience: Knowledge of accounting, bookkeeping and generally accepted accounting principles, or any combination of education and experience which would provide the necessary knowledge, skills and abilities to meet the minimum qualifications to perform the essential functions of this position.
Licenses: Have obtained or have the desire to obtain a CPA license.
Computer Skills: Proficient knowledge of Adobe Acrobat and MS Office, including Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Outlook. Prior knowledge of QuickBooks or other accounting programs would be helpful.
Other Requirements: Perform other duties as required. Availability to work additional hours or weekends, as projects demand.
Location: CaAccounting prides itself on being locally staffed. This position requires that the applicant live in the greater Sacramento area. If you are an applicant currently not living in the greater Sacramento area, please specify in your cover letter your relocation timing and efforts.
WORKING AT CaACCOUNTING
CaAccounting encourages an active lifestyle by supporting our employees’ interests, efforts, and activities. CaAccounting offers the traditional benefit packages, such as full medical, dental, vision, drug, disability, life insurance, 401K, and profit sharing, as well as a generous PTO and holiday leave program, CaAccounting also proudly offers its employees even more generous support at work, at home, and in the community. Offering paid time off for employees to volunteer as well as investing in learning and development opportunities company wide, CaAccounting enthusiastically encourages their team members’ desires to be good citizens on and off the job.
We encourage career development by providing a buddy and mentoring system, regular performance evaluations and reimbursements for continuing education for the CPA or other professional certifications. We are family oriented and provide a flexible work schedule with the ability to work remotely.
- Gym/fitness reimbursements.
- Cell phone reimbursement (for employees that use their phone for work).
- Bus pass subsidy.
- Regular in-office massage therapy.
- Flexible work schedule with the ability to work remotely when needed.
- Support of CPA and continuing education.
- 12 paid holidays (includes your birthday off).
- Paid time off for volunteering.
- Employee snacks and drinks.
- Career advancement.
- 401K, 4% matching and profit sharing (after eligibility requirements are met).
- Health benefits (after eligibility requirements are met).
- Life Insurance.
Location: Citrus Heights, CA
Job date: Mon, 06 Jun 2022 04:47:08 GMT
Apply for the job now!