Job title: Accounting Supervisor (Non-Profit)
Company: Minuteman Senior Services
Job description: Under the direction of the Director of Finance, the Accounting Supervisor oversees our accounting department’s daily operations. This includes analyzing, verifying, and reporting financial information. The incumbent oversees 2 staff members responsible for accounts payables/receivables and vendor billing and ensures the work of the team is properly allocated and completed in a timely and accurate manner. Addresses tight deadlines and accounting activities including general ledger preparation,monthly and quarterly financial reporting, year-end audit preparation and the support of budget and forecast activities. The Accounting Supervisor interacts with senior-level managers, the Executive Director, and Board of Directors, requiring strong interpersonal communication skills both written and verbal.
$1,000 Sign-On Bonus!
- Oversee day-to-day financial operations, including:
- Review A/P, A/R, cash receipts, general ledger entries and complete accounting operational objectives by contributing accounting information and recommendations to strategic plans and reviews; preparing and completing action plans; implementing production, productivity, quality, and customer-service standards; resolving problems; completing audits; identifying trends; determining system improvements; implementing change.
- Directs the day-to-day vendor billing functions ensuring that vendor billing is accurate and completed in a timely manner.
- Forecast accounting requirements; assists in the preparation of the annual budget and financial audit; scheduling expenditures; analyzing variances; initiating corrective actions.
- Monitors revenue and expenses; coordinates the collection, consolidation, and evaluation of financial data; prepares special reports. Maintains accounting controls by establishing a chart of accounts; defining accounting policies and procedures.
- Guides other departments by researching and interpreting accounting policy; applying observations and recommendations to operational issues. Serves as the Finance liaison for all billing and financial reporting with managed care organizations.
- Maintains financial security by establishing internal controls.
- Avoids legal challenges by understanding current and proposed legislation; enforcing accounting regulations; recommending new procedures.
- Protects organization’s value by keeping information confidential.
- Accomplishes accounting and organization mission by completing related results as needed.
- Serves as backup payroll processor.
- Acts on behalf of the Director of Finance in his/her absence, including conducting financial presentations to the Board of Directors.
- Assists the Director of Finance with special projects.
REQUIRED EDUCATION and EXPERIENCE:
- Associate’s Degree required; Bachelor’s Degree in accounting or accounting-related field preferred.
- Three – five years of accounting/bookkeeping experience, preferably in a non-profit environment.
- Supervisory experience preferred.
- Experience with Netsuite ledger software or comparable software required.
- Experience utilizing MS Office including Excel, Word and Outlook.
- Flexible Schedule Options to support work/life balance, including a 4-day compressed work week and work-from-home
- Health Insurance
- Health Reimbursement Account & Flexible Spending Account
- Dental Plan
- Vision Plan
- Short and Long-Term Disability (augments MA PFML) and Life Insurance; agency-paid
- Pre-Tax Deductions
- Dependent Care & Flexible Spending Accounts
- 403(b) Retirement Plan with Employer Annual Contribution
- 3 Weeks Paid Vacation in the First Year (Accruals Increase with Longevity)
- 2 Personal Days (after one year)
- 10 Sick Days that can go into an Extended Illness Bank
- 12 Paid Holidays + Floating Holiday (take your BIRTHDAY or another day OFF!)
- AAA Northeast Basic Membership paid by the agency
- Work-Related Mileage & Travel Reimbursement
- Credit Union
- On-Site Fitness Center
- Employee Wellness Initiatives
- 24/7 Employee Assistance Program for Employee and Dependents
- Employee Referral Bonus Program
- Tuition Reimbursement
- Professional Development
For over 45 years Minuteman Senior Services has been helping older and disabled adults age with independence and dignity in the setting of their choice which is most often their own homes and communities. We have been supporting caregivers, local and long distance, who want to do the right thing for their loved ones and need help and advice as they balance the competing demands of family, work and self.
We offer over 20 programs and services and are continually improving and expanding. Our consumers give us very high marks as do our professional colleagues and that is very important to us. With over 140 employees, 900+ volunteers and over 70 subcontracted service providers that make up our vendor network we bring a lot of expertise, experience and resources.
Learn more by visiting our website:
Powered by JazzHR
Location: Bedford, MA
Job date: Fri, 08 Jul 2022 23:35:53 GMT
Apply for the job now!