Job title: Accounting Technician
Company: University of North Carolina
Job description: The primary purpose of this position is to support all aspects of grants/sponsored project management for the Center for Women’s Health Research, interpreting policies, rules and regulations ensuring integrity of functions. The Accounting Technician will support all project related financial functions and work in collaboration with Research Administration networks (Office of Sponsored Research, Sponsored Programs, and University finance departments). The position completes bi-monthly account reconciliations, manages receivables, performs collection activities, oversees travel and supply expenditures, and provides support for various projects and reporting responsibilities as needed. The candidate
Duties include, but may not be limited to:
– Preparation and review of bi-monthly reconciliation reports to verify the appropriateness of expenditures and ensuring compliance with university policy.
– Provides financial information to principal investigators and management by researching and analyzing accounting data; recommends financial actions and provides account guidance to PI and/or research staff.
– Managing account receivables and performing collection activities.
– Oversee the processing all transactions including vouchers, travel requests, EPRO orders, deposits, petty cash, cash reconciliations, wire transfers, requisitions, vendor requests, journal entries and Pcard purchases.
– Overseeing administrative duties needed by the Center including supply and inventory management, picking up and distributing PPE and overseeing maintenance contracts for equipment and facilities.
– Other administrative include but are not limited to preparing and monitoring the department’s annual budget, fulfill duties of space coordinator by completing SPOTS survey twice a year, fulfill duties of parking coordinator including annual parking registration and maintaining the Center’s parking passes; and other assigned duties.
Minimum Education and Experience Requirements
High school diploma or equivalency and one year of experience in accounting work; or equivalent combination of training and experience.
Required Qualifications, Competencies, and Experience
This candidate MUST be highly detail oriented, organized, team oriented, engaged, and able to work effectively/efficiently with a high degree of accuracy. Must be client oriented and solution focused to the benefit of the client. This position will use data analysis tools, like Microsoft Excel and should be an intermediate to advanced user in order to qualify for this position. Considerable knowledge of accounting methods, procedures, and accounting practices. General knowledge of a variety of technology, financial systems, and software packages to create and maintain data. Ability to understand, interpret, and apply the laws and regulations pertaining to financial records. Ability to prepare fiscal reports and analyze financial statements. Ability to present financial information clearly and concisely in oral and written form. Ability to research, identify, and resolve discrepancies in accounting transactions. Ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships with others.
This position requires outstanding written and verbal communication and interpersonal skills, the ability to multi-task different projects and accounts, adhere to strict deadlines and promote a high level of customer service. The candidate must have the ability to work collaboratively with a diverse team in a fast-paced, demanding environment. Organizational and planning skills are essential to success in this position. Must have extensive and demonstrated computer skills and experience in standard office and financial management systems
Preferred Qualifications, Competencies, and Experience
- Associate degree strongly preferred in accounting or related field
- Higher Education experience preferred
- Knowledge of project management
- PeopleSoft systems experience
Knowledge of funding program specifics and accounting principles and their application to cost, governmental accounting, and non-governmental accounting. Experience with post-award grant accounting, with the ability to identify substantive issues, and thoroughly and accurately research and analyze them in order to anticipate budgetary adjustments.
Special Physical/Mental Requirements
Campus Security Authority Responsibilities
Office of Human Resources Contact Information
If you experience any problems accessing the system or have questions about the application process, please contact the Office of Human Resources at (919) 843-2300 or send an email to [email protected]
Please note: The Office of Human Resources will not be able to provide specific updates regarding position or application status.
Equal Opportunity Employer Statement
The University of North Carolina at Chapel Hill is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, color, disability, gender, gender expression, gender identity, genetic information, race, national origin, religion, sex, sexual orientation, or status as a protected veteran.
Expected salary: $38303 – 48000 per year
Location: Chapel Hill, NC
Job date: Sun, 10 Jul 2022 00:01:05 GMT
Apply for the job now!