Job title: Administrative Coordinator – Center for Clinical and Translational Science
Company: University of Texas Health Science Center at Houston
Job description: Position Summary:
Provides general business and financial operations support to a department or group of professionals under general supervision. Makes moderately complex business process decisions requiring a comprehensive knowledge of a wide range of regulations, policies, procedures and business practices. Specific departments may provide additional guidance with a departmental position description.
Position Key Accountabilities:
- Coordinates the day to day business and financial processes. May trend past performance and forecast future financials.
- Coordinates and monitors travel, purchasing, payroll, timekeeping, contracts and grants.
- Regularly handles confidential information and sensitive issues.
- Coordinates and schedules Human Resources activities including recruiting and selection for classified staff.
- Monitors open encumbrances. Monitors expenditures and provides reports on the budget status. Provides a comparison between actual and budget.
- Responsible for acquisition of documents needed to monitor adherence to grant or program requirements.
- Maintain departmental equipment and space inventories.
- May train entry level support staff. May lead support staff.
- May serve as administrative liaison with others within and outside assigned areas regarding business and financial issues on purchasing, personnel, facilities and operations.
- Assigned routine budget and financial responsibilities by supervisor. Maintains and reconciles financial records/reports. FMS training with a passing score is required. Limited signature authority.
- Advises on financial and business practices, policy and procedures as assigned by supervisor. Is responsible for making routine business and financial decisions and judgment calls.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Working knowledge of standard Office Software such as Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Outlook is required. Working knowledge of University financial systems is preferred.
- Bachelor’s degree level of higher education in business related field required. Equivalent level of education and/or experience may substitute for education requirement.
- One (1) year related work experience required. Prior experience in finance, accounting, business administration or business management required.
- Exerts up to 20 pounds of force occasionally and/or up to 10 pounds frequently and/or a negligible amount constantly to move objects.
- This job class may contain positions that are security sensitive and thereby subject to the provisions of Texas Education Code § 51.215
If you are looking for a great healthcare career in Houston, visit !
University of Texas Health Science Center at Houston (UTHealth)
Established in 1972 by The University of Texas System Board of Regents, The University of Texas Health Science Center at Houston (UTHealth) is Houston’s Health University and Texas’ resource for health care education, innovation, scientific discovery and excellence in patient care. The most comprehensive academic health center in the UT System and the U.S. Gulf Coast region, UTHealth is home to schools of biomedical informatics, biomedical sciences, dentistry, nursing and public health and the John P. and Kathrine G. McGovern Medical School. UTHealth includes The University of Texas Harris County Psychiatric Center, as well as the growing clinical practices UT Physicians, UT Dentists and UT Health Services. The university’s primary teaching hospitals are Memorial Hermann-Texas Medical Center, Children’s Memorial Hermann Hospital and Harris Health Lyndon B. Johnson Hospital.
UTHealth offers a comprehensive and competitive benefits package. For more information on our benefits programs please refer to the UTHealth Office of Benefits Website.
Equal Employment Opportunity Statement
UTHealth is committed to providing equal opportunity in all employment-related activities without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, national origin, age, disability, genetic information, gender identity or expression, veteran status or any other basis prohibited by law or university policy. Reasonable accommodation, based on disability or religious observances, will be considered in accordance with applicable law and UTHealth policy. The University maintains affirmative action programs with respect to women, minorities, individuals with disabilities, and eligible veterans in accordance with applicable law.
UTHealth has adopted a policy consistent with CMS regulations to protect our patients and university community from exposure to COVID-19. This policy affects all employees, residents, fellows, students, contractors, new hires, visiting scholars program participants, adjunct faculty, and volunteers who work, train, or collaborate at the John S. Dunn Behavioral Science Center.
In addition, all UTHealth employees who are assigned to work at a location that is subject to the affiliated partner’s hospital, clinical offices, or agency are required to abide by UTHealth’s rules and regulations, as well as the affiliate’s rules and regulations, including COVID-19 vaccination and safety requirements.
Location: Houston, TX
Job date: Fri, 10 Jun 2022 04:44:10 GMT
Apply for the job now!