Job title: Advertising Agency – Social Media Paid Intern
Company: Barker & Christol Advertising
Job description: Sound strategy, strategic goals, and strong connections make you all fuzzy inside? Do you yearn for clever blog titles and engaging social media plans? Then apply, apply, apply because you’re just our type. We’re searching for a creative problem solver who knows how to get the hard work done well, on time – and laugh while doing it. You’ll walk away with tangible work and real experiences to speak on, none of this busy work stuff.
So if you’re ready to leap headfirst into the advertising industry, hungry for experience that breeds success, and just hungry for good food, submit your resume and portfolio.
Barker & Christol is an award-winning full service advertising agency located in the heart of downtown Murfreesboro, TN. We pride ourselves on being problem solvers, marketing counselors, and experts in the area of integrated strategic marketing. For over a decade, we have worked with a multitude of businesses and corporations in Tennessee, big and small. We are the perfect blend of creative, analytic, out-of-the-box marketers making bold statements in today’s every changing marketing world.
Barker & Christol’s paid internship program strives to assist the development of and utilize the existing talents of local students and learners. The internship will provide hands-on experience in digital marketing, advertising, and creative media.
What we expect from you: a willingness to work hard, manage your time, be resourceful, own your work, be professional, communicate with us when things are and are not working, and be ready to learn.
What you can expect from us: a real-life, fast-paced work environment, clearly defined assignments, and mentoring. You will learn good habits that will make you indispensable to future employers.
Time commitment and expectations: The internship program is a part-time paid position for a term. We request that you commit to 10-25 hours per week (higher hours during the summer). Details of the start/end dates and other time off can be determined prior to work. Because of the flexibility in the internship schedule, the compensation is based on an hourly wage, paid every two weeks.
ROLES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Develop and maintain social content calendars in coordination with marketing campaign efforts.
- Work closely with Digital Media Manager to monitor social and digital health of client accounts.
- In collaboration with teams, suggest social strategy to accomplish goals for client accounts.
- Brainstorm ideas and concepts with members of the creative team.
- Understand and maintain client’s voice, tone and branding across digital platforms
- Research competitors and keep abreast of market trends.
- Collect quantitative and qualitative data from marketing campaigns.
- Perform market analysis and research on competition.
- Support the marketing team in daily administrative tasks.
SUCCESS FACTORS AND EXPECTATIONS:
- Professionalism – Maintain a professional manner at all times, including appropriate attire, communication acumen, and representation of professionalism in work produced.
- Communication – Oral & Written. Be clear on project assignments, or take the appropriate steps to gain clarity, i.e. ask questions. Be able to write effective and professional emails. Be able to write professional content/copy in regards to client marketing needs.
- Attention to Detail – Ensure accuracy in all areas of responsibility.
- Teamwork – Collaborative and compromising, with the goal of creating a cohesive team that fosters a positive work environment. Contribute at the highest capacity to assignments and during formal and informal meetings.
- Reliability – Be responsible for your work habits, including the time you arrive and leave work. Our normal business hours are 8 a.m. – 5 p.m., Monday through Friday.
- Listening Skills – Ability to fully listen to colleagues and leadership and understand all expectations regarding the performance of work activities and service to clients. Take constructive feedback and grow professionally.
- Honesty and Integrity – Gain the trust of clients and coworkers and strive to be ethical in all decisions.
- Time management skills – Ability to effectively manage time and prioritization tasks. Track time spent on jobs in ProWorkFlow daily.
- Confidentiality – Maintain in confidence any business knowledge, owned by either the client or agency, gained as a result of employment.
- Must be a junior and have taken Principles of Marketing
- Preferred coursework to include Promotions, Social Media.
- An active social media user with a sincere interest to learn how to use it in business and professional organizations.
- An interest in current creative concepts and design.
- Excellent writing skills.
PREFERRED (BUT NOT REQUIRED):
- Social media marketing platforms such as FB/Meta Business Suite, Hootsuite, or Sprout.
- Google Analytics
- Canva, Adobe In-Design, Adobe Photoshop, Adobe Illustrator
PHYSICAL DEMANDS / WORK ENVIRONMENT:
- Must be able to sit/stand for 8 hours.
Job date: Sat, 02 Apr 2022 00:48:42 GMT
Apply for the job now!