Job title: Advertising and Digital Marketing Coordinator, Global Communications and Media Relations
Company: Council on Foreign Relations
Job description: Overview
The Advertising and Digital Marketing Coordinator is responsible for coordinating and executing marketing and advertising campaigns for the Council on Foreign Relations (CFR) and its products. This individual will work to promote reports, books, and CFR in conjunction with the Digital Marketing team, focusing on ways to engage and expand audiences.
The major responsibilities of this position will include (but are not limited to):
- Coordinating CFR’s advertising strategy, from short-term promotions of products and reports to larger and longer-term brand campaigns, in collaboration with the Digital Marketing team
- Working with the Digital Marketing team on marketing strategies and campaigns to promote the organization’s brand and work
- Day-to-day running of search engine marketing ads with a grant-funded Google Ads account
- Collaborating with CFR’s Product and Design teams, as well as an external design agency, to plan, create, and refine ads
- Measuring the performance of CFR’s advertising campaigns and communicating these findings to stakeholders who may not be familiar with advertising
- Trend-spotting and identifying new and efficient venues for promoting CFR, its fellows, and/or its various products and initiatives
- As-needed support for social media, email, media relations, and other departmental duties as assigned
- Two years of experience in marketing, advertising, audience development, brand strategy, or related role with experience contributing to an institutional advertising strategy. Experience and familiarity with media and online news preferred
- Bachelor’s degree in communications, marketing, international relations, or other relevant field with high academic achievement
- Demonstrated interest in current U.S. foreign policy and international affairs issues
- Experience with Google Ads, traditional media buying, social media advertising, YouTube ads, and podcast advertising
- Experience analyzing web, advertising, and/or social media analytics (Google Analytics, Adobe Analytics, Facebook Analytics, etc.) to make decisions and ability to implement consistent and scalable tracking methods
- Clear understanding of audience user journeys
- Ability to coordinate and execute advertising campaigns from conception to completion with a good understanding of advertising design and the ability to iterate and optimize campaigns
- An understanding of visual design and experience working with designers
- Outstanding written, visual, and oral communications skills, especially for writing compelling advertising copy and building presentations
- Proven ability to work effectively and proactively in a fast-paced team environment. Ability to work on multiple projects simultaneously
Founded in 1921, the Council on Foreign Relations (CFR) is a leading nonprofit membership organization, research center, and publisher, with headquarters in New York, an office in Washington, DC, and programs nationwide. It is dedicated to increasing America’s understanding of the world and contributing ideas to U.S. foreign policy. CFR’s 5,000+ members are leaders in international affairs and foreign policy. CFR also publishes Foreign Affairs, the preeminent magazine on global issues, and provides up-to-date information about the world and U.S. foreign policy on its award-winning website, CFR.org.
The Council on Foreign Relations offers a benefits package that is among the best offered by nonprofit institutions today, including an award-winning health and wellness program, an on-site fitness center, and generous leave policies and health insurance programs.
The Council on Foreign Relations is an equal opportunity employer and actively seeks candidates from a diverse background.
Location: Washington DC
Job date: Thu, 09 Jun 2022 04:52:39 GMT
Apply for the job now!