Job title: Advertising Installer
Company: Lamar Advertising
Job description: Description :
Our Lamar Transit office in Tucson, Arizona is now hiring a new Advertising Vinyl Installer to help us bring innovative advertising campaigns to life for brands in Tucson, AZ and the surrounding areas. The purpose of this position is to install advertising campaigns on transit fleets in compliance with Lamar and various Transit Authorities guidelines. This position will be a night shift.
The right candidate for this position will be eligible for a $1000 sign on bonus after 30 days of employment and a $1500 bonus after 6 months of employment.
Lamar Advertising is one of the largest outdoor advertising companies in the world. Lamar offers advertisers a variety of advertising formats, helping both local businesses and national brands stand out from the competition. We live by the Golden Rule, and we operate with honesty and integrity in every aspect of our business. We are open with our employees, transparent with our customers, and loyal to the communities in which we serve. We have been in business for over 100 years, and we have stayed true to our mission and values. While Lamar is a large company, each office has its own culture and family atmosphere, making employees feel connected both locally and nationally.
The Transit & Airport division of Lamar Advertising takes advertisements street-level and delivers the advertising message to drivers and pedestrians in a fresh, non-conventional way. We assist local, regional, and national advertisers reach their target audience on the go – where they live, work, shop, dine, play, and everywhere in between.
Want to hear more about Lamar? Check out these videos:
What can you expect from us?
- $21 – $23 / hour, dependent on relevant experience and qualifications
- Comprehensive training program
- Multiple medical plan options
- Dental and vision insurance
- 120 hours of paid time off (PTO) that increases with tenure
- 401(k) plan with company contributions for participation
- Wellness program incentives such as medical plan premium holidays and HSA contributions
- Advancement opportunities
Essential Functions and Responsibilities
- Responsible for the installation and removal of direct application vinyl on the interior and exterior of buses and trains
- Keep an accurate and up to date inventory of advertisements being installed or removed. This includes noting the correct transit number, number of the advertisement removed, and number of the advertisement replaced. This is important because advertisements have a definite start and end date. Also, tracking daily installations to ensure installs are being performed in a timely manner to match estimated labor hours supplied by management.
- Report damages to advertisements for reorder and replacement.
- Keep a strong relationship with the operations manager and staff of the transit districts. A major part of this task includes strong communication skills and knowledge of the inner processes for each bus or train yards.
- Keep storage/warehouse organized, as well as maintaining vehicle and machinery appearance and report any required maintenance to Operations Manager.
Knowledge, Skill, and Ability Requirements
- Ideal candidate needs to be energetic, reliable, and enjoy working with your hands.
- Reliable when dealing with instructions and documenting installs.
- Quick learner and able to communicate well with Operations Manager.
- Ability to work with transit fleets/authorities
- Ability to read and work from written instructions
- Ability to document installations, through photographs and written logs
- Ability to communicate with different levels of management and transit personnel
- Ability to read and interpret detailed spreadsheets, including inventory logs and advertisements that need to be installed and removed
Education and Experience Requirements
- Valid Driver’s License
- High School Diploma required
- 3-M Certification Program a plus.
- Experience in vinyl graphics installation, sign shop, and/or vehicle wrap experience required.
- 2 -4 years of experience working in an industry in which working well with hands and attention to detail was required (i.e., auto body shop, vehicle wrapping, sign shop, flooring, carpentry).
Physical Demands and Work Environment
- The primary work environment is outdoors and working conditions include working around moving buses, night work, and mostly on your feet.
- The physical demands also include lifting 50 to 75 pounds, pushing, reaching, seeing (with a focus on reading, color distinction, acuity, depth perception, and peripheral vision), sitting less than 50% of the time, standing, stooping, talking, turning, walking, and climbing.
- Travel to other Lamar markets may be required on occasion. Nights spent traveling away from home are less than 10% of the time.
Lamar is an EOE/AA: Minorities/Females/Disabled/Protected Veterans or any other State or Federally protected characteristic
Disability Self-Identification: When applying for a job with Lamar, you will be asked to voluntarily self-identify whether you have a disability. Please take a moment to watch for clarification on why we’re asking for this information!
California Resident Disclaimer: California Residents – Lamar collects personal information in the ordinary course of considering job applicants. This information may include, for example, name, address, phone number and other contact information, employment history and reference contact information, and any other information provided by an applicant to Lamar. By submitting an application, you consent to the use or sharing of this personal information solely for the purpose of consideration for employment by Lamar. Lamar will not sell this information.
Federal Vaccine Mandate: As a federal contractor, Lamar may be required to comply with federal contractor COVID-19 vaccine mandates depending on the outcome of pending litigation. If these mandates are upheld, at time of hire, all employees would be required a) to submit their vaccination status and b) to submit proof of their vaccination. If an accommodation request is necessary, you will have the opportunity to submit a request after you receive a conditional offer of employment, if selected to fill this role. All accommodation requests are subject to review and could result in a denial.
Expected salary: $21 – 23 per hour
Location: Tucson, AZ
Job date: Fri, 20 May 2022 04:13:00 GMT
Apply for the job now!