Job title: Advertising & Promotions Audio Producer
Company: Ten Percent Happier
Job description: About Us:
Our mission is to help people become happier, healthier, and more resilient in the face of life’s challenges. The science suggests these are skills – ones that meditation makes us better at.
At its core, meditation is a simple, secular, scientifically validated exercise for your mind. Like running in the 70’s, or yoga in the 90’s, meditation is now poised to become the next big public health revolution. Join the team that’s accelerating this revolution. Ten Percent Happier touches millions of lives with award winning apps, books and a podcast, is backed by extraordinary investors, co-founded by #1 New York Times Bestselling author Dan Harris of ABC News, and guided by the world’s most respected meditation teachers & scientists.
You will focus on creative audio production of sponsorship ads and promotional audio in support of our podcasts and promotion of the Ten Percent Happier app across audio formats.
What you will do:
Sponsorship Ads: 2-4 hours / week
- Approve sponsors and determine who on our team is the best person to voice a specific ad
- Take provided copy points and write a script with the specific host or producer voice in mind
- Do ad reads for appropriate sponsors, effectively handling these ads from start to finish
- Produce the spot and deliver to our sales partner on time
Podcast Promo Spots: 1-3 hours / week
- Understand marketing needs for promo swaps and internal cross-promotion
- Script spots, produce, and deliver on-time
App Promotion Spots: 5-7 hours / week
- Collaborate with marketing to regularly refresh app content promotional spots
- Partner with marketing and production to develop and produce new formats and ideas for app promotion like getting user testimonials or spotlighting work that is happening internally at Ten Percent Happier
Special Projects: 5-7 hours / week
- In collaboration with marketing and production, assist or produce podcast collaborations internally or with external partners
- Provide production support and collaborate with show producers on special projects; e.g. special podcast episodes supporting in-app initiatives like challenges or big company initiatives like launching our co-founder’s next book
- Work with podcast and app content producers on upcoming projects to excerpt podcast episodes on specific topics for app content collections or use on social platforms
- Collaborate with Ten Percent Happier app content and product teams to curate podcast features for specific topics or stages in the user journey
What you will bring to the team:
- You have strong production chops with two years audio production experience: you can turn around a script, cut, and ready a clean assembly in Pro Tools for the final mix without supervision.
- You are eager to take a strong foundation in creative production and make it great: you want our ad spots and promotional audio to be best-in-class, creative, and effective – and you’ll keep iterating and trying new things to make that happen.
- You communicate and collaborate really well: you’ll be excited to work across sales, production, and marketing and can understand, hold, and consider the perspectives of many stakeholders.
- You are hungry to fully own production of short-form audio and dive deeper into understanding the business of podcasts from how to grow our audience, monetize shows, and promote a subscription product.
Who you will work with:
You will report directly to .
You will work alongside Kimmie Regler, Managing Producer and
Why we think you’ll like working here:
- You’ll receive a $1,000 stipend to support your work from home set-up
- You’ll become a part of a growing company that is changing people’s lives for the better
- We foster a culture that values clear and kind communication. We’re passionate about reasonable work hours, flexibility in getting work done, and respecting and valuing the whole life you live.
- You will be welcomed into a diverse and inclusive workplace where we learn from each other’s experiences, abilities and perspectives.
- We’ll provide you with a competitive compensation package with equity
- You’ll be eligible for our full benefits package including traditional benefits like health and dental insurance as well as non-traditional benefits like meditation enrichment and DEI stipends
Our investment in Diversity, Equity and Inclusion:
Ten Percent Happier seeks to help people become happier, more connected, and more resilient in the face of life’s challenges. We aim to cultivate a culture that is steeped in the values and practices that we promote through our products and media channels. We welcome the cultural enrichment that comes from diverse experiences in education, class background, age, culture, ethnicity, race, color, sex, gender identity and expression, sexual orientation, nation of origin, languages spoken, able-bodiedness, religion and beliefs. We are invested in creating a work environment that supports each of us in feeling valued and recognized for our unique contributions to what we collectively produce, and where we each feel a sense of belonging.
Ten Percent Happier is an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate on the basis of any state or federally protected classes.
If you require reasonable accommodation in completing an application, interviewing, completing any pre-employment exercises, or otherwise participating in the employee selection process, please email people at tenpercent.com.
Location: New York
Job date: Thu, 30 Jun 2022 22:26:20 GMT
Apply for the job now!