Job title: Advisor Production Engineering Job
Company: Hess Corporation
Job description: Hess is a leading international independent energy company engaged in the exploration and production of crude oil and natural gas.
We have an industry leading position in the Bakken in North Dakota – a key U.S. shale play. Hess is also one of the largest producers in the deepwater Gulf of Mexico and a key natural gas producer and supplier to Peninsular Malaysia and Thailand. The company is engaged in exploration and appraisal activities offshore Guyana, participating in one of the industry’s largest oil discoveries in the past decade, as well as the Gulf of Mexico, Suriname and Nova Scotia.
Hess aims to attract, retain and energize the best people by investing in their professional development and providing them with challenging and rewarding opportunities for personal growth. We are always looking for talented professionals who share our values and are passionate about making a difference in the world and in their careers. We strive to meet the highest standards of corporate citizenship by protecting the health and safety of our employees, safeguarding the environment and creating a long-lasting, positive impact on the communities where we do business.
For more information about Hess Corporation, please visit our website at .
PE Advisors have responsibilities in Safety, Quality, Delivery (Production), Cost and People (SQDCP).
The core responsibility is to help the asset optimize production deploying the “Hess Way of Working” (see section 1.4). They optimize production by providing a broad range of engineering, scientific and operational input. The nature of work can be brownfield or greenfield and the assets can be Hess-operated or operated by others (OBO). They serve as focal points between the Offshore Operations Team and Onshore Discipline Engineers and supporting functions. As advisors, an important part of their objectives is not only to teach less experienced engineers various aspects of PE but also to mentor and coach them as they traverse their career paths. PE Advisors are also expected to contribute to the setting up of an integrated technology vision and lay down strategic and tactical aspects to realize the vision.
Successful applicants for this position must be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 as a condition of employment.
ROLES & RESPONSIBILITIES
Environment, Health and Safety (EHS)
- Understand enterprise and asset EHS targets
- Support the design and execution of well treatments, interventions and new drills to meet/beat asset EHS targets through risk assessments, Hazops/Hazids, etc. so that they contribute to ensuring that everyone, everywhere, every day goes home safe.
- Expectation is that they travel offshore to the facility a few times per year, especially when operations initiated by them are in the execution phase. While offshore, it is expected that they keep an eye out for unsafe acts or conditions and report them or stop work as needed.
Quality, Delivery and Cost
- Production Optimization
- Responsible for well production/injection surveillance and optimization
- Model the inflow and outflow system to optimize production. This includes completion performance (flux) modeling, performing nodal analysis and Integrated Production Modeling (IPM)
- Analyze well productivity issues using appropriate LEAN tools such as Problem Solving A3 (PSA3), Value Stream Map (VSM) and Swim Lanes (SL)
- Provide countermeasures for production-related well problems (productivity decline, lift, flow assurance and hardware/software issues). Support monitoring, managing, and remediating downhole corrosion, hydrate, scale, wax, paraffin and asphaltenes.
- Function as Project Manager for well treatment projects following the “GOM way of well treatments” and manage multidisciplinary teams to frame/screen, refine and safely execute interventions and ramp well back to production. Perform treatment lookbacks and document learnings for implementation in subsequent treatments.
- Generate ideas that optimize facility or well performance, maximize oil recovery and reduce cost while meeting company safety objectives
- Establish the Well Operating Envelope (WOE) and provide well management guidelines (pressures, temperatures, rates etc.)
- Issue well test guidelines and validate test results
- Collaborate with Operations Engineers on surface/subsurface metering functional specifications for production monitoring
- Responsible for metering and allocation accuracy/consistency between wells
- Support partner engagement and communication with regulator for various well production-related aspects
- Develop or support development of availability and reliability reports
- Engage with vendors and contractors to optimize quality and cost and promote continuous improvement
- Greenfield Development
- Determine well construction and production limits (such as tubing sizing, erosional velocity limits, flux limits, drawdown and critical sanding limits)
- Supply well surveillance and data analysis (SDA) requirements and input into the formation evaluation program
- Support the well ramp-up program during execution (including artificial lift and water injection ramp-up)
- Input into well concept selection (dual zone completions, sequence of production from dual zones, smart sleeves, artificial lift requirements etc.)
- Support operations readiness to receive well production (IT systems update, production allocation database updates, pre-startup checklists etc.)
- Set up the initial WOE
- Value Estimation
- Conduct economic analysis to support production optimization measures including well interventions
- Conduct decision analysis (DA) work of production optimization opportunities
- Business Process
- Provide the 2-year Short-Term Production Forecast (STPF) and uncertainty and deferral analysis (availability and reliability assumptions)
- Support central planning by explaining production variance to targets as requested
- Support the annual Asset Value Plan (AVP) and reserves process by providing input into the Long-Term Production Forecast (LTPF) generated by the Reservoir Engineer and by providing and/or supporting life-of-field operating expenditures (OPEX) estimates for OBO assets
- Input into well treatments OPEX for subsequent year during budget setting
- Drive a strong Lean culture of continuous improvement
- Actively use various lean tools (such as PSA3, VSM, SL etc.) as a standard way of working
- Development and maintenance (process of collecting, analyzing, documenting, and communicating) of Delivery dashboards
- Participate in Embedded Lean Leader (ELL) deployment and projects
- Production Vision
- Contribute to the setting up of an integrated technology vision and lay down strategic and tactical aspects to realize the vision
- Provide input to and help realize the 10X productivity journey as laid out in the transformation map
- Participate in engineering networks and share lessons learned
- Present topics of interest at network or internal and external conferences
- Bachelor of Science in Petroleum Engineering or suitable discipline
- Knowledge of oil, gas, and water PE concepts
- Field operations experience desirable
- Project Management skills
- Deepwater, floating facility and subsea operating experience desirable
- Proficient software skills in PETEX Suite, OilField Manager (OFM), Microsoft Office, MS Projects, PI, Visio and Spotfire
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Analytical and complex problem-solving skills with attention to detail and process improvements
- Ability to work effectively with minimum supervision in a diverse, multidisciplinary team environment
The Hess Way of Working refers to competencies considered pre-requisites for success. How you deliver results is as important as what you achieve. Every employee is expected to demonstrate the behaviors within these competencies to be considered an effective performer and, ultimately, earn career growth opportunities.
- Builds Trusted Relationships
- Develops Talent
- Creates Effective Teams
- Thinks Strategically
- Inspires Innovation
- Demonstrates Courage
- Drives Continuous Improvement
- Makes Quality Decisions
- Delivers High Performance
Hess is an affirmative action and equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, disability, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, veteran status, or genetic information. Hess is committed to providing access, equal opportunity and reasonable accommodation for individuals with disabilities in employment, its services, programs, and activities. To request reasonable accommodation, click or send an email to .
Posting Notes: Jazzmine Ononiwu | Employee | Production / Operations Engineering | United States| Texas | Houston No | 26271
Location: Houston, TX
Job date: Fri, 08 Jul 2022 03:17:07 GMT
Apply for the job now!