Job title: American Girl Sr. Creative Designer – Middleton, WI
Job description: Company Description
CREATIVITY IS OUR SUPERPOWER. It’s our heritage and it’s also our future. Because we don’t just make toys. We create innovative products and experiences that inspire, entertain and develop children through play. Mattel is at its best when every member of our team feels respected, included, and heard—when everyone can show up as themselves and do their best work every day. We value and share an infinite range of ideas and voices that evolve and broaden our perspectives with a reach that extends into all our brands, partners, and suppliers.
The Sr. Creative Designer is part of an in-house marketing communications department that provides creative design services for our premium, experiential brand. This position partners with Brand and Marketing clients, as well as writers, art directors, and asset creation teams to produce impactful creative for print, digital, and unique-format graphics.
What Your Impact Will Be:
· Develop brand-right concepts in response to briefs for key seasonal campaigns and channel-focused marketing tactics
· Design layouts for print (catalogue), digital (email, ecomm, social), and unique-format (retail) tactics
· Partner with Photo Art Directors to concept key photo assets in lifestyle, doll set, and white sweep formats
· Provide input to image/color correction team to produce premium, production-ready images
· Partner with Brand, Marketing, Product, Legal, Quality, and Creative team members, strengthening relationships through collaboration and communication
· Engage in schedule milestones and independently manage projects for on-time deliver
What We’re Looking For:
- Bachelor’s degree in related field or equivalent preferred
- 3-5 years of experience in graphic design position
- Proficiency in Adobe Creative Suite; working knowledge of Excel and Word
· Proficiency in page and file organization, ensuring efficient document sharing and file hand-offs
- Experience with Workfront or other job tracking software preferred
- Must include link to online portfolio
Key Skills & Competencies
- Strong understanding of visual-verbal integration and premium design
- Seasoned collaborator with an ability to lead and be led
- Experience managing multiple projects simultaneously, shifting focus as needed to meet business priorities
- Ability to work independently and remain flexible in an agile culture
- Focused on results, leveraging creative expertise and relationship-building skills to drive decision-making
- Demonstrated organizational, presentation, and written communication skills
What It’s Like to Work Here:
American Girl is subsidiary of Mattel, a purpose driven company aiming to empower the next generation to explore the wonder of childhood and reach their full potential. We live up to our purpose employing the following behaviors:
- We collaborate: Being a part of Mattel means being part of one team with shared values and common goals. Every person counts and working closely together always brings better results. Partnership is our process and our collective capabilities is our superpower.
- We innovate: At Mattel we always aim to find new and better ways to create innovative products and experiences. No matter where you work in the organization, you can always make a difference and have real impact. We welcome new ideas and value new initiatives that challenge conventional thinking.
- We execute: We are a performance driven company. We strive for excellence and are focused on pursuing best in class outcomes. We believe in accountability and ownership and know that our people are at their best when they are empowered to create and deliver results.
Our Approach to Hybrid Work
We embrace a hybrid work model to empower a culture of growth, optimism, and wellbeing, where everyone can deliver on our shared purpose and realize their full potential. Combining purposeful in-person collaboration with tech-enabled hybrid work, our focus is to provide flexibility while enabling collaboration for moments that matter.
Who We Are:
American Girl is a premium brand for girls and a wholly-owned subsidiary of Mattel, Inc. (NASDAQ:MAT, ), a leading global toy company and owner of one of the strongest catalogs of children’s and family entertainment franchises in the world. We create innovative products and experiences that inspire, entertain and develop children through play. We engage consumers through our portfolio of iconic brands, including Barbie, Hot Wheels, Fisher-Price, American Girl, Thomas & Friends, UNO and MEGA, as well as other popular intellectual properties that we own or license in partnership with global entertainment companies. Our offerings include film and television content, gaming, music and live events. We operate in 35 locations and our products are available in more than 150 countries in collaboration with the world’s leading retail and ecommerce companies. Since its founding in 1945, Mattel is proud to be a trusted partner in empowering children to explore the wonder of childhood and reach their full potential.
Visit us at and .
Mattel is an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer where we want you to bring your authentic self to work every day. We welcome all job seekers including minorities, females, veterans, individuals with disabilities, and those of all sexual orientations and gender identities.
Location: Middleton, WI
Job date: Fri, 17 Jun 2022 22:22:27 GMT
Apply for the job now!