Job title: Application Engineer – Electrical Automation
Company: International Staffing Consultants
Job description: Our premier electrical drive and control technologies ensure efficient, powerful and safe movement in machines and systems of any size. We inspire our customers with intelligent components, tailored system solutions, and services – from fully connected applications to the factory of the future.
The Applications Engineer works closely with the Sales team as the primary technical product support interface to our external and internal customers by supporting the selection of the right products/solutions for an application. As a Factory Automation Applications Engineer, you will primarily be focused on our Electrical Automation products, but you should be familiar working with linear technology, assembly technology, and other mechatronics technologies. In the southeast region (Atlanta based), you will:
- Interpret customer specifications, make specific product recommendations, and assist with selection of products/solutions
- Work with both Distribution Partners and Direct Customers to help ensure that electric drives, controls, and communications are successfully applied/implemented to modern machinery and equipment for automation, assembly, test, material flow, etc.
- Perform technical analysis of machine and application requirements and select best suitable products/solutions (sizing, selecting, applying, hands-on support).
- Demonstrate/present key product capabilities and advantages to customers.
- Generate samples of code for communication, PLC, HMI, drives/motion control and provide startup assistance.
- Support the electric drive and control products in mechatronic systems.
- Prepare and participate in product workshops and presentations for customers and trade show events (internal and external).
- Travel Requirement: On average of 25%; but can be up to 40% at certain times.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Electrical / Controls / Automation Engineering, Mechanical Engineering (with electrical/controls experience) or equivalent with 3+ years of experience in programming and integrating automation equipment
- Experience meeting customer needs by defining and supporting the best electric drive and control solution
- PLC and motion control programming experience
- Use of open communication standards (fieldbus and higher-level protocols)
- Electric drive setup and tuning (frequency / servo / direct type drive systems)
- Generate modern HMI solutions with web-based tools
- Use of sizing/selection software tools
- Effective communication and presentation skills, written and verbal, dependable and a positive attitude and responsiveness toward customers
- Entrepreneurial driven mindset
- Familiar working with Linear Motion Technology and Assembly Technology
- Suitable knowledge of primary served industry segments (Assembly, Automotive, Medical, Food and Packaging, EV/Battery, Semicon)
- Knowledge in optimized control system architecture setup
- Experience in programming PLC/PAC control systems with motion
- Knowledge of programming IEC61131-3
- Applying and using fieldbus connections in control systems (e.g., PLCs, PACs, etc.) with industrial protocols (e.g., Ether CAT, Sercos, PROFINET, Ethernet/IP, Modbus TCP, OPC UA, TCP IP, CAN bus).
- Familiar with communication methods and setups to higher level factory production/execution/IIoT systems (Ethernet TCP/IP, VPN/Firewall, etc.)
- Drive parameter setup and system tuning of drives running AC and PM motors/servos (open/closed loop)
- Experience applying functional safety products
- Programming experience using high-level programming languages (C++, Python, MQTT, Java, Rest API, JSON, Node Red, …)
- Experience with Linux Ubuntu environment
- Machine learning applications
- Use of simulation software tools
- Competence with TSN and 5G
- Use of CAD Electrical software
Location: Atlanta, GA
Job date: Sat, 16 Jul 2022 01:34:37 GMT
Apply for the job now!