Job title: Area Construction Manager
Company: McKee Homes
Job description: Description:
Responsible for oversight of all construction activity and materials/budget management in assigned region. Must build strong, productive relationships with trade partners and all McKee Homes departments. Ensure compliance to safety regulations and building codes. Responsible for recruiting/training new hires and coaching Builders with consistent focus on ensuring Right person, right seat via the EOS platform. Oversee process improvement and implementation to ensure quality performance and enhanced quality of life for McKee associates and McKee trade partners. As a McKee team member, the ACM is also responsible for providing a premier customer experience by ensuring an organized community rollout process, superior communication and actively participating and working with the team on customer initiatives.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Accountable for completion of construction projects on time, within budget, and within quality standards, to meet business plan expectations.
- Accountable for Customer Service delivery on time and within budget to achieve a minimum THBE score as noted on ACM Bonus Plan.
- Responsible for resolution of Homeowner issues before and after closing, consult with DOC as needed with goal of resolving issues in a reasonable time frame.
- Ensure that neighborhoods and departments are operating within approved budgets.
- Assist Director of Construction in planning and staffing.
- Monitor and protect company assets – employees, materials, trade partner relationships, etc.
- Implement/enforce safety requirements/programs.
- Monitors and reports staff and departmental needs to Director of Construction.
The culture at McKee Homes is built on our shared Core Values – McKee Focus, Good People, Continuous Improvement, and Work Smart / Play Hard. McKee Focus means that we are one team working to deliver quality and consistency. We are also working together across all of our Regions to Build a Cure for Alzheimer’s. Good People means that we embrace diversity and kindness. We are passionate and authentic with each other and believe in clear and respectful communication. Continuous Improvement means we advocate for our journey. We are lifelong students and coaches that never stop learning and are continuously empowering change. Work Smart / Play Hard means we celebrate family and each other. We recognize stellar achievement, and we love what we do.
It is so important that you share these values in order to be a part of our team as we hire, review, reward and recognize our outstanding associates based on these.
- Collaboration Skills
- Customer Focus
- Timely Decision Making
- Communication Proficiency
- Ethical Conduct
- Problem Solving
- Project Management
- Thoroughness and Accuracy
- Time Management
- Customer Relationship Development
This position supervises all positions in the Construction Departments, either directly or indirectly.
This job operates in a professional office environment part-time and routinely uses standard office equipment such as computers, phones, photocopiers, and online systems. This job also operates in the field and is exposed to a variety of conditions at construction job sites. The noise level in the work environment and job sites can be loud. This position is partially performed in outside weather conditions.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job.
- Vision abilities required by this job include close vision, color vision, and ability to adjust focus.
- Frequently required to sit, stand, and walk.
- Occasionally required to reach with hands and arms.
- Frequently required to talk or hear.
- Occasionally required to bend, twist, or climb.
- High concentration/intensity, which includes prolonged mental effort with limited opportunity for breaks.
- Average memory, taking into consideration the amount and type of information.
- High level of complexity and time pressure for decision-making.
- The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate to loud.
POSITION TYPE/EXPECTED HOURS OF WORK
This is a full-time position. Days and hours of work are Monday through Friday, 8:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m. plus nights and weekends as required.
Travel is expected for this position, mostly within a few hours driving distance.
REQUIRED EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE
- High school diploma or GED
- Minimum Bachelor’s Degree in Business, Construction Management, or related field preferred
- Three or more years in management preferred
- Five or more years in the construction field preferred
Please note this job description is not designed to contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities, and activities may change at any time with or without notice.
Location: Wilmington, NC
Job date: Sat, 25 Jun 2022 07:22:01 GMT
Apply for the job now!