Job title: Arizona, Middle School Science Teacher, (Grand Canyon Private Academy)
Job description: Description :
WHO ARE WE?
Get to know Grand Canyon Private Academy!
K12, a Stride Company, believes in Education for ANY ONE. We provide families an online option for a high-quality, personalized education experience. Students can thrive, find their passion, and learn in an environment that encourages discovery at their own pace. In support of this, we are committed to creating and maintaining a culture of inclusion and diversity where our employees are passionate about serving students and families, treat one another and customers with respect, challenge each other to innovate and always strive to do better.
Passionate Educators are needed at the Stride K12 partner school, Grand Canyon Private Academy. We want you to be a part of our talented team!
The mission of Grand Canyon Private Academy is to provide an exemplary individualized and engaging educational experience for students by incorporating school and community/family partnerships coupled with a rigorous curriculum along with a data-driven and student-centered instructional model. Student success will be measured by valid and reliable assessment data, parent and student satisfaction, and continued institutional growth within the academic community. Join us!
K12 Private Academy Teachers are responsible for ensuring that students achieve mastery of learning objectives. Teachers provide guidance, instruction, and support, manage the learning process, and focus on students’ individual needs. Teachers monitor student progress through K12’s interactive lessons and daily assessments, and they work actively with students and parents to advance each child’s learning.
This is a full-time position. Ability to work independently, typically 40+ hours per week is required. Ability to maintain a professional home office without distraction during workday, typically 9-5 (or 8-4) or as defined by the school.
Essential Functions: Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential duties.
- Learn the curriculum in its entirety for assigned grade levels.
- Demonstrate knowledge of the state standards and how both align with the K12 curriculum.
- Understand overall diversity of assigned families and individual characteristics of students/parents Instruction and Student Achievement Support parents with student curricular and instructional issues
- Responsible for student academic progress and attendance.
- Conduct conferences with parents/responsible adults and students.
- Individualize instruction to help each student achieve K12 curricular objectives.
- Provide a Socratic, students centered, and critical thinking-based learning opportunities for students through seminar like live sessions
- Provide feedback on students’ work and grade it, as appropriate.
- Alert administrators to any concerns about student performance and progress.
- Strive to build strong and positive relationships with assigned students and families in the Virtual Classroom Environment and through continuous communication.
- Create and manage home office.
- Implement school policies and procedures.
- Organize social and educational activities for students and families, including sponsorship of one virtual club and occasional outings when possible.
- Support parents with school set-up and logistics questions and maintenance of their schooling environment.
- Support parents and students through basic computer troubleshooting.
- Collaboration with peers. Build community by contributing to school message boards, newsletter and events.
- Support the school administration with student recruitment activities
- Support the national network of teachers in K12.
- Provide subject-specific support to parents and students including study halls, live instruction and Office Hours.
- Initiate and coordinate student clubs or teams
Supervisory Responsibilities: This position has no formal supervisory responsibilities.
Minimum Required Qualifications:
- 3+ years teaching experience
- Bachelor’s degree and/or professional experience
- Teaching certification
- Proficient in MS Excel, Word, and Outlook Experience in a customer service environment
- Experience using search engines (Internet)
- Strong written/verbal communication skills
- Very self-motivated
- Good organizational skills
- Experience coordinating academically oriented clubs and extracurricular activities
- Experience working with the proposed age groups
- An ability to learn new technology tools quickly (e.g., database and web-based tools)
- An ability to support and guide adults as well as students
- Meets state’s ESSA Highly Qualified Teacher requirements
- AZ State teaching certification
- Strong knowledge and experience with Socratic learning methods and seminar-based instruction
Work Environment: The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- This position is virtual
Compensation & Benefits: Stride, Inc. considers a person’s education, experience, and qualifications, as well as the position’s work location, expected quality and quantity of work, required travel (if any), external market and internal value when determining a new employee’s salary level. Salaries will differ based on these factors, the position’s level and expected contribution, and the employee’s benefits elections. Offers will typically be in the bottom half of the range.
We anticipate the salary range to be $24,000 to $60,243. Eligible employees may receive a bonus. This salary is not guaranteed, as an individual’s compensation can vary based on several factors. These factors include, but are not limited to, geographic location, experience, training, education, and local market conditions. Stride offers a robust benefits package for eligible employees that can include health benefits, retirement contributions, and paid time off.
The above job is not intended to be an all-inclusive list of duties and standards of the position. Incumbents will follow any other instructions, and perform any other related duties, as assigned by their supervisor. All employment is “at-will” as governed by the law of the state where the employee works. It is further understood that the “at-will” nature of employment is one aspect of employment that cannot be changed except in writing and signed by an authorized officer.
Stride, Inc. is a Federal Contractor, an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer and a Drug-Free Workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, protected Veteran status age, or genetics, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Expected salary: $24000 – 60243 per year
Location: Grand Canyon, AZ
Job date: Sat, 09 Jul 2022 22:38:28 GMT
Apply for the job now!