Job title: Art Director / Creative Project Manager
Company: MIT Lincoln Laboratory
Job description: The Creative Producer provides design direction and project oversight for a variety of visual communications services in support of the Laboratory’s technical research and operational iniatives. Design services include but are not limited to static and interactive technical presentation materials, technical illustrations, large format displays, UI/UX, brand/identity design and communications campaigns. In this role the Creative Producer meets with internal clients to discuss project goals, gather requirements and conceptualize creative solutions that distill but highlight the scientific research or message being conveyed. The primary responsibility is to generate creative concepts as well as monitor the production and delivery of high-quality services from design roughs through finished product. Reporting to the Creative Services Supervisor, the Creative Producer resolves conflicting agendas and inconsistencies between the various stakeholders, manages client expectations, and ensures that project deadlines are maintained.
Client Liaison and Communications Design Consultant
- Meet with clients to review project requirements and develop a production schedule to meet deadlines
- Review client-supplied supporting materials to interpret complex technical concepts and translate them into visual designs that target unique audiences
- Design and deliver visual communication components to support sponsor reviews, technical initiatives, scientific workshops, conferences and special events
- Develop creative solutions and effectively collaborate with production teams which include illustrators, designers, printers, photographers, videographers, editors, and writers to ensure the design concepts and materials support the client’s message, strategies, and objectives
- Partner with internal service departments to design, develop, and deliver communications campaigns for Laboratory-wide initiatives
Art Direction and Design Execution
- Define desired intent of communication piece and translate into a visually compelling representation of the scientific research or operational initiative
- Identify layout challenges, providing creative solutions prior to execution and assure clarity, consistency, legibility, color treatment, and proper format of final output.
- Reinforce visual communication best practices and Laboratory design and production standards to customers and design partners throughout the Lab
Quality Assurance and Customer Service
- Take initiative to maintain accurate job documentation and quality control by understanding general design and editorial guidelines
- Manage internal customer relationships and facilitate escalations, troubleshooting, and design related inquires.
- Enforce the Laboratory’s design standards and ensure designers within Lincoln Laboratory are aware of the formal requirements of logo use, Laboratory identity, communication templates, security markings, and release review notations
- Acquire and apply knowledge of DoD classification levels with an awareness of Laboratory mission and R&D requirements
Internal Process Development
- Participate as a member of the core artistic direction team in the design of workflows and standardization initiatives to streamline logistical operations while maintaining high-quality deliverables.
- Research and gain knowledge of design and technology trends, industry best practices and new approaches to delivering creative services
- BA/BFA in Communication Design, Graphic Design, Illustration, Marketing or related field or equivalent experience.
- Solid working knowledge of color theory, perspective, composition, and information design.
- Expert use of standard graphic design software (i.e., Adobe Creative Suite) and business management tools (i.e., MS Office) in both a Macintosh and Windows environment.
- A portfolio of sample work demonstrating a variety of skills is required.
- Must be able to obtain and maintain government (DoD) clearance.
- 3 years creative project management or equivalent experience.
- 3 years working in a creative team, department or agency environment in a customer facing role.
- 2 years print production experience preferred.
- Experience coordinating deliverables for conferences and/or projects; familiar with collaboration/asset management tools and workflows preferred
- Familiarity with UI/UX design and/or data visualization.
Requisition ID: 37707
For Benefits Information, click
MIT Lincoln Laboratory is an Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO) employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment and will not be discriminated against on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, veteran status, disability status, or genetic information; U.S. citizenship is required.
Location: Lexington, MA
Job date: Fri, 03 Jun 2022 22:31:26 GMT
Apply for the job now!