Job title: Assistant Controller-Agency Accounting-NE
Job description: Job Title: Assistant Controller, Agency Accounting-NE
Department: Insurance Accounting, Acrisure Business Services
Reports to: Senior Controller, Insurance Accounting
Acrisure is a fast-growing fintech leader that operates a global insurance broker. The Company has grown from $38 million to $3.5 billion in revenue since 2013 and deploys the best of Human and Artificial Intelligence (AI) at scale to reimagine financial service product distribution. Acrisure employs over 12,000 employees across thirteen countries.
Led by co-founder, CEO and President Greg Williams, Acrisure provides a broad array of insurance and financial related solutions, including commercial property and casualty, personal lines and employee benefits insurance, real estate services, cyber services and asset management. Acrisure’s massively valuable, high margin distribution network combines the strength of trusted advisors with growth and efficiency enabled by AI.
Summary: Responsible for being the main contact for Acrisure Partners and supporting the controller in oversight of assigned regional accounting team. Helps to ensure accuracy of monthly financials and timely close, and quarterly review of financial statements with Partners. Also aids in overall team management, development, and budget. Collaborates with agency accounting operations leadership team, accounting lead, and Operational Excellence team on continuous improvement initiatives, development of best practices, and adherence to budget.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Serve as the Agency Accounting strategic partner to assigned Partner leadership.
- Establish relationships as the Agency Accounting Operations strategic partner & Assistant Controller for assigned Partners, embodying the Acrisure culture.
- Maintain knowledge of Acrisure and Partner specific policies and procedures and implement consistent compliance with key items while supporting independence in other matters.
- Collaborate across other operational areas to ensure successful Agency Accounting Operations onboarding and integration efforts for newly transitioned Partners.
- Maintain in-depth knowledge of Partner accounting requirements related to day-to-day operations to ensure accurate financial reporting, in accordance with U.S. GAAP and timely payments of carriers and producers.
- Partner with Agency Accounting Operations Controller and other leaders to identify trends or themes relating to improvement opportunities within assigned Partners. Proactively partner with leadership to maintain awareness and manage plans to improve.
- Proficient with data analysis; with the ability to recognize discrepancies and identify solutions using critical thinking and problem-solving skills.
- Partner with Controller to ensure proactive communication with Partners regarding the collection of data required for corporate reporting or other related needs.
- Collaborate with Controller and other Accounting Partners in the creation and implementation of progressive initiatives in all Accounting areas.
- Partner with Accounting Analysts as necessary to ensure the transition of accounting functions from Partner offices to Agency Accounting Operations within Acrisure Business Services.
- Work with Accounting Managers and team to develop metrics to ensure high performance delivery of expected service level commitments.
- Provide prompt, accurate, courteous, “best in class” service to partners, insurance companies, leadership team and all staff.
This description is not meant to be all-inclusive and may be modified from time to time at the discretion of management.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Education and/or Experience:
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting, Business, or similar discipline or the recognized equivalent in education and experience;
- Minimum of 5 years’ experience in financial accounting; preferably in insurance accounting.
- Possess strong administrative and computing skills, including Microsoft Office (Word, Excel and Power Point)
- Experience with agency management systems (EPIC, AMS360, TAM, AIM, etc.), preferred.
- Must be analytical, organized, and detail oriented with excellent verbal and written communications skills.
- Must have a high level of problem-solving skills.
- Demonstrated strong interpersonal skills and ability to build relationships with key stakeholders at all levels within an organization.
- Demonstrated ability to handle employee relations at all levels is required.
- Travel up to 20% of the time.
- Able to develop strategic plans with Agency Partners and Controllers/Leadership.
- Able to work independently and enjoy a high degree of interaction with team members as well as senior management and all levels of agency partner organizations.
- Ability to contribute to a collaborative environment by consistently demonstrating teamwork, high motivation, positive behavior and effort to achieve goals and objectives.
- Self-motivated and driven.
- Maintain a sense of urgency and ability to work with and meet all service level commitments and deadlines.
- Demonstrate effective written and verbal communication, including the ability to influence, actively listen, and problem-solve with minimal assistance.
The physical demands are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. We make reasonable accommodations to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Benefits & Perks:
- Competitive Compensation
- Industry Leading Healthcare
- Savings and Investments
- Charitable Giving Programs
- Offering hybrid work option
- Opportunities for Growth
- Educational Resources
- Generous time away
Acrisure is equally committed to supporting social issues. In 2021, the Company co-founded Evolution Advisors, a joint venture whose Founding Partners include Acrisure, Russell Wilson and Ciara, and Russell Westbrook. The venture focuses on providing greater access and more effectively distributing insurance products and financial services to minority-owned enterprises. Additionally, in its home of Grand Rapids, Acrisure provided $15 million to create the Acrisure Center for Innovation in Children’s Health at Helen DeVos Children’s Hospital.
For more, visit or learn more .
Acrisure is committed to employing a diverse workforce. All applicants will be considered for employment without attention to race, color, religion, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, veteran or disability status.
To Executive Search Firms & Staffing Agencies: Acrisure does not accept unsolicited resumes from any agencies that have not signed a mutual service agreement. All unsolicited resumes will be considered Acrisure’s property, and Acrisure will not be obligated to pay a referral fee. This includes resumes submitted directly to Hiring Managers without contacting Acrisure’s Human Resources Talent Department.
Powered by JazzHR
Location: Grand Rapids, MI
Job date: Fri, 08 Jul 2022 23:08:33 GMT
Apply for the job now!