Job title: Assistant Director of Operations, Transportation & Supply Chain Institute
Company: University of Denver
Job description: The Transportation Institute at the University of Denver is a leader in providing research, education, and resources to the transportation industry. The mission of the University of Denver Transportation Institute (T&SC Institute) is to create a distinguished network of freight and passenger transportation leaders – through education, research, and outreach – who can successfully integrate the transportation modes to develop sustainable logistics solutions that produce both customer-focused supply chains and market-responsive passenger transportation. The University of Denver (DU) offers an executive Master of Science in Transportation Management and customized corporate programs designed to develop the next generation of leaders in the global transportation industry.
The Assistant Director of Transportation and Supply Chain (T&SC) Institute Operations is responsible for supporting the Transportation Institute and the Executive Director to facilitate administrative and operational soundness and success including DU/University College (UCOL) administrative and operational requirements. The Assistant Director of T&SC Institute Operations will interact with and manage T&SC Institute Board relationships and administrative requirements in conjunction with the Executive Director.
Applicants should strive to exemplify our values: Honor the individual, champion learning, transform lives, work together, and pursue excellence. The University of Denver deep values diversity, equity, and inclusion recognizing that its success is depending on how well it values, engages, and includes the rich diversity of constituents. University College builds an educational community that embodies values of inclusivity and diversity. We embrace a commitment to diversity, equity, and inclusion by fostering a welcoming environment for our diverse students, staff, and faculty to learn and grow. We embed the values of diversity and inclusivity in all our program, lifeline learning opportunities and varied curricular offerings.
- Support the Executive Director for the efficient and compliant execution of T&SC Institute operations.
- Coordinate and calendar meetings for the Executive Director.
- Responsible for monitoring the operational expenses within the annual budget on an on-going basis.
- Liaison with Director of Finance and Business Operations on operational expenses.
- Review expense reports and reimbursements for faculty, staff, and guests. Communicate and maintain travel and expense policies for faculty, staff, and guests to ensure the most up to date information.
- Manages receipt of scholarship funds from T&SC Institute Board companies and monitors scholarship funds to ensure accurate balance.
- Track scholarship funding to students and manage communications between grantors and TSC.
- Assist executive director in management of partnerships (NATMI, etc.)
- Plan additional special events as necessary.
- Special projects as assigned.
Board of Directors Administration:
- Responsible for administrative support for the T&SC Board of Directors, including but not limited to, facilitating communications, organizing meetings, and managing special projects as requested.
- Responsible for processing receipt and tracking of annual giving funds from T&SC Institute Board members.
- Manage administration of T&SC Institute Board of Directors including maintaining member database, administering elections, holding special meetings, and updating website with board member information.
- Coordinate with executive director to schedule and facilitate board committee meetings, including assisting board members with organizing committee work.
- Responsible for planning T&SC Institute Board meetings in the fall and spring. Responsible for all aspects of event planning, managing reservations, securing space, and catering contracts, and communicating with internal and external constituents regarding event.
- Attend both semi-annual Board of Directors meetings and provide onsite event management. Travel is required for the spring board-meeting and possible for other board events.
Alumni Engagement & Communication Administration:
- Coordinate alumni engagement strategy including a program of delivered content, conferences, and events.
- Interact with, as well as maintain connections and relationships with program alumni.
- Engage alumni through alumni meetings, social media, guest speaking, and other opportunities for networking.
- Create and manage T&SC monthly newsletter.
- Coordinate webinars (Transportation Talks and others as needed) on behalf of the T&SC institute.
- Work with University College marketing team to develop a social media and web content strategy to improve the Transportation Institute brand value and recognition.
- Coordinate with the marketing team to design marketing materials and send marketing campaigns to internal audiences.
- Manage the design and purchase of branded gift items and marketing materials.
- Support marketing and management of the T&SC LinkedIn page.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
- Capable of building strong and effective interpersonal relationships with T&SC Institute staff, external management/executives, and DU/UCOL staff/departments.
- Detail oriented with strong time management skills.
- Demonstrated ability for creating professional-quality administrative documents such as business emails and procedure manuals.
- Demonstrated ability with board members and leadership, university personnel, local community leaders.
- Strong office management skills and experience including but not limited to such processes as DU budgets, purchase orders, purchasing cards, collaboration, and support for academic arrangements.
- Proficient in MS Office.
- Ability to initiate, follow through and complete processes both for assignments and opportunities.
- Ability to engage in positive, productive, professional, interpersonal relationships throughout the DU, Denver/Colorado, and national/international transportation community.
- Ability to establish and maintain productive and collaborative relationships with these communities, cultivating and managing activities to strengthen the relationships.
- Ability to demonstrate good judgment, discretion, confidentiality, and professional/executive attitude.
- Bachelor’s degree.
- 2-3 years administrative/office management experience.
- 3-5 years administrative/office management experience.
- Academic/DU experience.
Monday – Friday, 8:00 a.m. – 4:30 p.m.
For best consideration, please submit your application materials by 4:00 p.m. (MST) on July 21, 2022.
Candidates must apply online through to be considered. Only applications submitted online will be accepted.
Salary Grade Number:
The salary grade for the position is 9.
The salary range for this position is $52,000 – $54,500.
The University of Denver has provided a compensation range that represents its good faith estimate of what the University may pay for the position at the time of posting. The University may ultimately pay more or less than the posted compensation range. The salary offered to the selected candidate will be determined based on factors such as the qualifications of the selected candidate, departmental budget availability, internal salary equity considerations, and available market information, but not based on a candidate’s sex or any other protected status.
The offers excellent benefits, including medical, dental, retirement, paid time off, tuition benefit and ECO pass. The University of Denver is a private institution that empowers students who want to make a difference. Learn more about the .
Please include the following documents with your application:
2. Cover Letter
The University of Denver is an equal opportunity employer. The University of Denver prohibits discrimination on the basis of race, color, national origin, age (40 years and over in the employment context), religion, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, genetic information, marital status, veterans status, and any other class of individuals protected from discrimination under federal, state, or local law, regulation, or ordinance in any of the university’s educational programs and activities, and in the employment (including application for employment) and admissions (including application for admission) context, as required by Title IX of the Education Amendments of 1972; Title III of the Americans with Disabilities Act of 1990, as amended in 2008; Section 504 of the Rehabilitation Act of 1973; Title VI and VII of the Civil Rights Act of 1964; the Age Discrimination Act of 1975; the Age Discrimination in Employment Act of 1967; and any other federal, state, and local laws, regulations, or ordinances that prohibit discrimination, harassment, and/or retaliation. For the university’s complete Non-Discrimination Statement, please see .
All offers of employment are contingent upon satisfactory completion of a criminal history background check.
Advertised: July 07, 2022
Expected salary: $52000 – 54500 per year
Location: Denver, CO
Job date: Fri, 08 Jul 2022 23:15:22 GMT
Apply for the job now!