Job title: Assistant Professor of Marketing
Company: George Fox University
Job description: George Fox University announces a tenure-track faculty position in marketing, to begin in August 2022. We seek applicants with the ability to teach in a broad range of undergraduate, MBA and DBA marketing courses, giving priority to candidates with expertise in digital marketing. In addition, the successful candidate will be expected to engage in appropriate professional and scholarly activities, participate in doctoral dissertation work, supervise internships, advise students, and carry out other faculty responsibilities.
George Fox University, a Christ-centered community, prepares students spiritually, academically, and professionally to think with clarity, act with integrity, and serve with passion. Professors teach all truth as God’s truth, integrating all fields of learning around the person and work of Jesus Christ, bringing the divine revelations through sense, reason, and intuition to the confirming test of Scripture. As a Christ-centered community, George Fox University is an institution that values as an essential dimension of God’s design for human communities. In seeking to become a more inclusive community, we especially encourage applications from women and candidates from racial and ethnic backgrounds that are underrepresented on our faculty.
Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Teaching a broad range of undergraduate courses within the curriculum of the Department of Business & Economics in areas such as digital marketing, market research, marketing management, foundations of marketing (DBA). Preference will be given to candidates with digital marketing experience and expertise.
- Engagement with professional marketing communities.
- Participation in the work of the department and the university, including advising and serving on university committees as needed.
- An earned doctorate in Marketing or a closely related field, PhD prefered. ABD candidates will be considered.
- Demonstrated excellence in teaching is essential.
- All applicants must express a personal commitment to Jesus Christ and express their Christian testimony in a local church. In addition, professors agree to live in agreement with the
and affirm the theological commitments expressed in the .
Salary and Rank
Appointment at the Assistant Professor level is anticipated, though candidates with significant teaching experience at previous institutions may be considered for appointment at the rank of Associate Professor. Salary and benefits are competitive with comparable institutions.
Application Procedures –
When completing the online application, please upload the following as Word or .pdf documents in the section marked Cover Letter, Curriculum Vitae, and Essay Requirement:
- Letter of Interest
- Curriculum Vitae (CV)
- Faith and learning essay
Other supporting materials may be requested at a later stage of the review process.
Interested applicants are encouraged to apply immediately as review of applications will begin immediately and continue until the position is filled.
George Fox University – Faculty
Location: Newberg, OR
Job date: Wed, 06 Apr 2022 07:59:02 GMT
Apply for the job now!