Job title: Assistant Softball Coach & Game Management
Company: George Fox University
Job description: George Fox University’s Athletic Department is seeking a motivated leader to join their team as the Assistant Softball Coach.
About the Job:
The Assistant Softball Coach will assist the head coach of the Softball team in intercollegiate athletic contests and to administer a supporting program for the Softball program. This role adheres to rules and regulations governing University, Northwest Conference and NCAA Division III. The Assistant Softball Coach performs all duties in full support of the University’s and Athletic Department’s mission. They will also provide game management oversight for fall sports and support coverage for men’s and women’s basketball home events.
Job responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Assisting the Head Softball Coach with scheduling and conducting practice/training sessions for an athletic program with a roster size between 26-50 (20%).
- Organizing the recruiting of athletically and academically qualified student athletes; including correspondence, talent evaluations and on-campus visits for the softball program (20%).
- Completing all assignments made by the Head Softball Coach, Athletic Director, and Assistant Director (10%).
- Assisting in handling all program administrative functions (5%).
- Game management oversight for fall sports as assigned by athletic department and support coverage for men’s and women’s basketball home events (45%).
- Demonstrating a sincere interest in the social, emotional, academic development, as well as the athletic welfare of student-athletes.
A day in the life of this position:
The Assistant Softball Coach position is a highly diverse role which varies day-to-day, in-season, and out-of-season. The Assistant Coach must model a life of learning, integrity and service around the person and work of Jesus Christ. Student-athletes are our primary focus and therefore this position requires an immense amount of availability to help coach, educate and mentor. The Assistant Softball Coach must be willing and able to assist the Head Coach with day-to-day tasks while being available to connect with student athletes.
We’re looking for candidates who have:
- A Bachelor’s Degree.
- Successful coaching experience, preferably with recruiting experience.
- The ability to communicate effectively in English, orally and in writing, including on telephone, and to understand and follow instructions.
- Extensive knowledge of softball and two years of high school, college, club or professional coaching and/or playing experience at the college level.
- A valid driver’s license and a good driving record
- The ability to work weekends, evenings, and travel.
Preference Will be Given to Those Who Have the Following Attributes:
- Knowledge of NCAA Rules.
- CPR/AED/First Aid Certifications.
- Knowledge of computer applications, organizational abilities, event planning and camps, fund raising, financial management and recruiting ability and demonstrated commitment or experience working with diverse populations.
George Fox University has been transforming student’s lives for 125 years. We are a Christ-centered community that prepares students spiritually, academically, and professionally to think with clarity, act with integrity, and serve with passion. Our vision is to be the Christian university of choice known for empowering students to achieve exceptional life outcomes. We put students first, with Christ at the center of our work, embracing change in order to improve. We are looking for enthusiastic candidates to join us in creating transformational experiences for our students.
Being a part of our community means a commitment to faith and to a lifestyle that is consistent with the university’s mission as described in the and on our website.
As a Christ-centered community, George Fox University is an institution that values as an essential dimension of God’s design for human communities. In seeking to become a more inclusive community, we especially encourage applications from women and candidates from racial and ethnic backgrounds that are underrepresented in our community.
What is most appealing about working at George Fox University?
- Faith-friendly: Our culture is unique for higher education. At George Fox you can pursue academic excellence while integrating scriptures, praying with staff members and students at work, and helping to make an impact on the world in a way that promotes Christian values.
- Unapologetically Christian: As a university, we have an enduring commitment to Christ, his kingdom and the truth of God’s Word.
- Live out your calling: You are able to use your God-given talents and abilities while having a profound influence on students as they deepen their relationship with Jesus Christ.
- Equip students for kingdom work: You can be a part of helping students discover their callings, at which they will be able to glorify the kingdom of God just as they have seen you do.
For your personal well-being we offer:
- A strong Christian vision and mission-led organization with opportunities for your growth and contributions.
- Wonderful Christian peers and a vibrant student population.
- A beautiful and peaceful campus environment with areas to walk and coffee shops and restaurants close by.
- Free Fitness Center membership.
- Free parking.
- Rich employee benefit package.
Application Procedures – kindly apply only through this website
When completing the online application, please upload the following as Word or .pdf documents in the section marked Letter of Interest and Curriculum Vitae or Resume:
- Letter of Interest
- Curriculum Vitae (CV) or Resume
Other supporting materials may be requested at a later stage of the review process.
Interested applicants are encouraged to apply immediately as review of applications will begin immediately and continue until the position is filled.
We invite you to Be Known at Oregon’s largest private and nationally recognized Christian University!
**This position is subject to close at any time, regardless of the date on the posting.
**Have questions or need assistance with our application process? Contact [email protected]
George Fox University – Staff and Administrator
Location: Newberg, OR
Job date: Sat, 18 Jun 2022 07:07:55 GMT
Apply for the job now!