Job title: Associate Creative Director – Duluth Brand
Company: Duluth Trading
Job description: Description :
Who We Are
Started in 1989, Duluth Trading Company™ is a team of tinkerers, taunters, fussers, and fine-tuners who enjoy working hard just as much as our customers enjoy our hardworking gear. Duluth Trading Company’s house of brands, including Duluth™, AKHG™, and Best Made®, are all bonded by the belief that there’s always got to be a better way.
Why Work at Duluth Trading Company?
We’re powered by the heart, grit, and dedication of our band of hellbent tinkerers and taunters. While we never take ourselves too seriously, the same can’t be said for the work we do. That’s because our “no bull” brand is very serious about making the best apparel and gear for hardworking people looking to take on life with their own two hands.
Favorites such as our Ballroom® Jeans, featuring “crouch without the ouch,” Buck Naked™ Underwear, and No-Yank® Tanks reflect our attitude. We pride ourselves in outthinking, outsmarting, and outcrafting average in everything we do! The talented people we seek want to be proud of where they work, have a commitment to do things better and be part of an omnichannel house of brands that knows where it’s going.
At Duluth Trading Company, we fundamentally believe in strong in-person interactions as our culture thrives when we learn, create, and collaborate with each other. We also believe that the future of work at Duluth Trading Company includes flexibility. The position will be based in our corporate headquarters, near Madison, WI, but it will offer a hybrid work arrangement allowing the flexibility to work a few days a week from home.
What You’ll Do:
- Provide leadership and strategic direction to the divisional creative team, insuring output of the highest standard to reflect the Duluth Trading brand and voice
- Champion the consistent quality, adherence to brand graphic standards and storytelling strength of the Duluth brand
- Be responsible for the design and layout direction of all divisional creative work, including all catalogs, emails, digital work, retail space as well as printed marketing pieces and to include the following duties:
- Work with outside Ad Agency to execute
- Manage the team’s workload and design/development of catalog thumbnail and final layouts
- Review and approve layouts, proofing, routing and tracking project folders and catalog pages
- Oversee and art direct concept development of Illustrations and graphics
- Work with Executive Producer to determine, plan and adhere to schedule and budget
- Communicate with all key partners to execute and approve the asset
- Ensure final asset requested by the AD is on Brand and satisfies the request of our partners
- Be responsible for direction on all photography (in the field, in studio and on-figure web photography)
- Review and approve selections
- Process improvement and team communication with multiple partners
- Reviewing Hiring and training of Staff (models, photographers, stylist, etc.)
- Planning and budgeting with partners
- Lead omni-channel campaigns and creative seasonal themes
- Lead campaign team with concepting, scheduling and executing a successful omni channel campaign
- Approve campaign assets needed for omni-channel execution
- Communicate final campaign asset direction with all creative channels
- Regularly present assets to VP of Creative and VP of Marketing
- Manage Staff
- Take part in management training programs
- Responsible for day-to-day budgeting and scheduling
- Write Job Descriptions
- Interview, hire and train new staffing and consultants
- Lead, write and conduct quarterly reviews with all team members
- Schedule and conduct weekly team meetings
- Ensure the team has what they need to feel appreciated, informed, inspired and equipped to be successful
What We’re Looking For:
- Associates or bachelor’s Degree in Graphic Design or comparable field of study
- Equivalent work experience would be considered
- 10+ years of creative experience managing and directing multidisciplinary teams
- Extensive experience as a hands-on, visual art director
- Must have a strong creative portfolio with proven business results
- Print and digital design experience, especially catalog and digital collateral, are a must
- Studio photography or lifestyle photography art direction experience
- Well-established history of working with creative teams, photographers and illustrators
- Proficiency in the following applications on a Mac platform:
- Font handling software
- Excellent organizational, communication and leadership skills
- Expertise in preparing various file formats for publication and experience with color management
- Able to give and take direction from multiple internal clients and distill them into compelling marketing messages and designs
- Strong interpersonal and written communication skills
- Omni-channel creative leadership experience and notable successes
Duluth Headquarters Benefits and Perks
As we continue to grow Duluth Trading Company and its house of brands, the perks have perked up, too. We’ve boosted an already impressive benefits package to include: unlimited paid time-off, 12-week full-pay parental leave, paid holiday time for the important observance of Martin Luther King Jr. Day and Juneteenth, flexible schedules, and more! Why’d we go all out? Because our pursuit of a better way means that when it comes to great talent, better perks are a given.
Compensation is based on several factors including but not limited to education, work experience, certifications, etc.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable qualified individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Expected salary: $90000 per year
Job date: Sat, 18 Jun 2022 05:13:21 GMT
Apply for the job now!