Job title: Associate Editor Plastics Machinery & Manufacturing
Company: Endeavor Business Media
Job description: The Mission: Endeavor Business Media is a rapidly growing US-based B2B media and events company founded in 2017. Endeavor’s mission is to deliver the highest-quality content in the B2B markets we serve and to do so in the various, multi- channel formats that today’s industry professionals demand. From informative e-newsletters to in-depth monthly magazines to curated in-person events, Endeavor Business Media is committed to providing the best opportunities for professionals to stay knowledgeable and connect with marketplace colleagues that drive their industry forward.
The Team: Endeavor places a high importance on its data-driven core values of accountability, continuous improvement and being passionate about value creation in an environment that maintains minimal politics, directional clarity, high productivity, and low turnover among good people. These values are adopted at all levels of the company across every sphere and give the company its operational advantage. Our departments and operating businesses have autonomy and place a high value on meritocracy, with a commitment to providing individuals with opportunities for growth and development.
The associate editor is responsible for reporting and writing articles, briefs, and product profiles for print, online and trade show supplements; editing the work of staff writers and contributors, including fact-checking and rewriting; moving stories into the content management system and through the print and online publication process; staying abreast of industry news; maintaining the spreadsheet of industry contacts used by both editorial and sales.
Primary Objectives: Produce new products and medical content (print and digital) that is relevant and compelling for an audience of plastics industry professionals and those in adjacent industries.
- Reporting and writing articles, briefs, and product profiles for print, online and special trade show supplements. Areas of coverage include new products and medical topics.
- Editing the work of staff writers and contributors, fact-checking, rewriting.
- Moving stories into content management system and through the print and online publication process.
- Staying abreast of industry news, sharing research and story tips with writers, maintaining spreadsheet of industry contacts used by both editorial and sales.
- Producing articles, briefs, technical content, and Product Innovations for print and online.
- Editing stories for content and style, fact-checking and applying industry and technical knowledge, working with writers on questions and corrections.
- Entering stories into content management system, including tags, photos, and print and online scheduling, writing web headlines.
- Proofreading pages and making corrections.
- Vetting potential new product briefs for relevance, newness, and importance; organizing source material; maintaining spreadsheet of completed product profiles and their usage in print and online/newsletters.
- Travel as needed to tradeshows and conferences (including Endeavor events), including reporting on sessions and meeting with exhibitors.
Focused: Can write and edit content on deadline.
Curiosity: Can identify the topics and images that will generate a consistently high level of interest from audience. Authoritative: Can develop a specific area of expertise (beat) and provide comprehensive coverage of that topic area. Creativity: Able to take new ideas and develop them into finished projects/products.
Knowledge / Skill / Ability
- Can identify unique needs of the audience (both readers and sponsors).
- Can write compelling headlines, subhead, articles, news stories and other content in support of brand.
- Can function as an independent contributor in a team structure.
Equivalent Education / Experience
Bachelors degree in Journalism, English, Communications or related field; experience with digital and print content development; 1-3 years of experience in B2B writing or equivalent; experience with Adobe Creative Suite and Microsoft Office
We offer competitive benefits package including medical, dental, vision, life insurance, disability, 401(k), generous PTO & paid holidays. For consideration, please complete our online application and send cover letter, resume, and salary requirement.
Endeavor Business Media is an equal opportunity employer. We are committed to providing equal employment opportunities in recruiting, hiring, training, promotions, compensation, and other aspects of employment for all qualified applicants and employees without regard to sex, race, color, religion, national origin, age, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information or veteran status.
Location: Independence, OH
Job date: Fri, 17 Jun 2022 07:49:28 GMT
Apply for the job now!