Job title: Associate General Counsel, Commercial and Product
Job description: Associate General Counsel, Commercial and Product
BitGo is the leader in custody and security solutions and is the largest independent digital asset custodian in the world. Founded in 2013, BitGo is the first digital asset company to focus exclusively on serving institutional clients. BitGo also offers market leading trading, lending, and borrowing services and supports over 400 digital assets on its platform. BitGo provides the security and operational backbone for more than 500 institutional clients in 50 countries, including many of the world’s top cryptocurrency exchanges and platforms.
Our small and growing team seeks financial services lawyers who are inquisitive, creative and practical and ready to effect change within our dynamic company and within the blockchain / digital assets industry at large. This role is open to a hybrid remote/on-site structure for candidates within the NYC/ San Francisco Bay/Sioux Falls areas (open to candidates in the US outside of those locations if it’s the right fit).
One lawyer we look to hire will own responsibilities that may include:
- Ownership of BitGo standard form agreements relating to digital asset custody, account control, staking, trading, lending, settlement, loan servicing, software licensing and software-as-a- service.
- Drafting and negotiating bespoke agreements relating to trading, financing and custody, agreements relating to key initiatives such as partnerships and vendor relationships, and BitGo standard form agreements.
- Drafting terms and use and disclaimers.
- Providing real-time support and training to sales, trading, legal staff and others.
- Managing work out situations.
- Working closely with product and regulatory lawyers, and partnering across BitGo functions including sales, trust, compliance, product development and marketing.
- Managing legal and regulatory risks in a thoughtful and commercially practicable manner.
- Helping develop and drive legal contracting process and operations including with respect to workflows, customer contracting lifecycle, pipeline management and document retention.
- Becoming familiar with non-US regulations and practices when helpful.
- Managing outside counsel when needed.
- Escalating issues to the General Counsel as appropriate.
- Pitching in whenever and wherever needed, even when not directly related to responsibilities described above.
Your experience and skill set will cover many of the following:
- 5+ years of related law firm and/or in-house legal experience at a financial services or blockchain company, ideally involving customer-facing sales, trading and custody businesses.
- Creative problem solving particularly in relation to contract negotiation.
- Close out situations.
- Familiarity with regulations relating to extensions of credit such as Reg T, X and U.
- Working with and training junior lawyers and negotiators.
- Technology and intellectual property.
- Vendor agreements
- Ability to balance multiple tasks in accordance with changing deadlines and priorities in a fast-paced environment.
- Interest in blockchain and digital assets.
- You will be collegial and (at least usually) able to retain a sense of humor.
Why Join BitGo?
Disrupting an industry takes vision, innovation, passion, technical chops, drive to deliver, collaboration, and execution. Join a team of great people who strive for excellence and personify our corporate values of ownership, craftsmanship, and open communication. We are looking for new colleagues who bring innovative ways of thinking and problem solving, and who want risks to be part of the team that changes the world’s financial markets.
Here are some of the benefits of working at BitGo:
- Competitive base salary, bonus and stock options
- 100% company paid health insurance for employee, spouse/partner and children (medical, vision, dental, life, FSA, HSA)
- 401k company match up to 5%
- Computer equipment and workplace furniture to suit your needs
- Generous paid time off
- Great colleagues and inspiring startup environment
Cryptocurrencies are the most disruptive change the financial services industry has seen in years. Join us and you’ll be able to look back and say you were part of the team that transformed investing.
Location: New York City, NY
Job date: Sat, 09 Jul 2022 07:00:31 GMT
Apply for the job now!