Job title: Associate Information, Communication, and Technology (ICT) – West Coast (Hybrid)
Company: BuroHappold Engineering
Job description: We are looking for a talented and experienced ICT Engineer to join us on the West Coast (Los Angeles, San Diego, San Francisco, or Seattle).
Type of contract
Area of Expertise
Office / Project Location
Seattle, San Diego, San Francisco, Los Angeles
As an Associate ICT Engineer you will have the opportunity to apply your technical knowledge of building services systems across a portfolio of ground-breaking projects in the US and globally. Strong communication skills and teamwork are essential to life at Buro Happold and in turn, we can offer you unrivalled career, project, and development opportunities.
What would you be doing?
As a key part of the team, your responsibilities will be varied, but likely to include:
- Lead projects on behalf of the technology discipline
- Consult with clients, collaborators and stakeholders to capture requirement and probe into the desired outcomes
- Develop basis of design briefs and strategies, market capability, roadmaps and budgets taking into account a variety of factors
- Input into digital consultative services – will require a good understanding of key business drivers for digital technology and its implementation, and the ability to support clients in developing briefs for future design initiatives
- Communicate with clients to support them in developing their aspirations and ideas to help tailor solutions bespoke to each project, that consider up to date technology and harness the benefits of integration with other services and disciplines
- Understand and promote smart building technology; develop smart building strategies that support the business aspirations of the client’s development
- Monitor yours and others’ use of project finances; effectively managing time and resource within your team
- Mentor and manage junior staff
- Take an active role in helping to promote the department and engage with senior management in supporting the development of group strategy
What are we looking for?
- 10+ years’ experience in a technology-based position, with reference to the built environment
- Relevant bachelor or master’s degree
- BICSI RCDD, ASIS PSP or Avixa CTS preferred
- Revit experience preferred
- Experience leading the development of technology infrastructures (e.g. SMART Building Technology, Passive ICT infrastructure, Structured Cabling, Wireless Networks, Security/surveillance, Audio-Visual, IoT, etc). from brief through to specification, tender support and construction administration services
- Previous evidence of project leadership and direct end-client interaction
- Business development experience is highly advantageous
- Support with proposal RFP/RFQ responses pertaining to technology systems
- Excellent verbal and technical background in the built environment
- Self-motivated and team-oriented professional capable of obtaining a United States Security Clearance
- Work closely with manufacturers and vendors to develop solutions that exceed our client’s expectations
- Relevant industrial qualifications and a desire to pursue professional registrations with a relevant bodies
- Expertise in a specific field of information technology is important, ideally accompanied by design experience
- Solve some of the most interesting challenges on world-class projects in collaboration with top architects
- Work within a truly multidisciplinary environment, capitalizing on Buro Happold’s extensive knowledge base in delivering award winning, environmentally conscious designs.
- Advance your career within a forward-thinking, global community of engineering professionals
- Have a positive impact on the environment through your work locally, nationally, and internationally
Inspired? Intrigued? Interested? Join us to find out what you’re capable of!
What we offer:
- Competitive salary & benefits
- Annual discretionary bonus
- Generous PTO (4-5 weeks depending on position) in addition to 10 paid holidays
- 401k with company match
- Student Loan Repayment Assistance
- Hybrid working & summer hours
- Reimbursement for certain professional licenses and associated renewals and exam fees
- Global network of experts
- Learning and development opportunities
- Be a part of our Young Employees Forum and our Diversity and Inclusion Forum
Buro Happold is proud to be a practice of a diverse range of professionals. We actively promote inclusivity to enable every individual to reach their full potential, the more inclusive we are the better our work will be.
We are working to change the lack of representation of minority groups in the built environment, and are particularly keen to hear from anyone who feels they are underrepresented in the industry. We have much to learn from one another. Diverse people with different experiences develop the most innovative and elegant solutions through collaboration.
Location: Seattle, WA – San Diego, CA
Job date: Sat, 04 Jun 2022 22:38:43 GMT
Apply for the job now!