Job title: Azure Senior Cloud Architect
Company: Spatial Front
Job description: Company Information:
Spatial Front, Inc is the fast-growing small company providing IT solutions to federal, state, local governments, and the private sector. SFI is nationally recognized by Inc. Magazine by being awarded the Inc. 5000 Award in 2018 – 2021. We pride ourselves on being one of the premier employers in the VA, MD, DC area.
SFI is an industry leader in delivering cutting-edge technical solutions and mission support services that bring our customer’s businesses to the forefront of the 21st century. Our corporate commitment to excellence in client services and product development means that our people are attentive, hands-on, and bring industry-leading expertise that will meet and exceed your needs in a straightforward, timely, and cost-effective manner.
Every employee at SFI is a leader. We don’t settle. We blaze our own path and inspire those around us into action. We motivate others to reach their full potential. To learn more about us visit: www.spatialfront.com
NOAA HQ is located in Silver Spring, MD. Although work is remote, attending periodic meetings is required.
Project Overview: The mission of the National Centers for Coastal Ocean Science (NCCOS) is to deliver ecosystem science solutions for stewardship of the Nation’s ocean and coastal resources to sustain thriving coastal communities and economies. In support of this mission, SFI professionals provide IT services and products, including: Software Application Development, Maintenance and Enhancement, Databases and Websites Design and Development; Cloud Architecture, development, DevOps engineering and deployment, and Cloud-based Computational Science and Statistical Modeling; IT Infrastructure, Network, and System Support; Desk-top and End-User Support; and IT Security.
Summary of Major Job Functions: The Senior Level Cloud Architect position will perform Cloud architecture, engineering, administration, monitoring and managing large-scale development production environments primarily, but not exclusively in MS Azure platform.
Primary Responsibilities: The Senior Level Cloud Architect, duties include:
- Engineer, administer, monitor and managing large-scale development and production environments in Cloud (MS Azure) . Deploy, manage and maintain Linux operating environments, including containerization.
- Document and implement automated procedures for deployments, multiple versions of services, configuration, startup, and shutdown procedures of services, tools, application servers.
- Work with federal staff both IT and scientific, as well as security personnel on configuration baselines and release management to document, enhance, and improve on application operational procedures and processes.
- Apply and troubleshoot Kubernetes at an enterprise level.
Required Skills & Qualifications: In addition to 4 or more years’ experience directly in the Primary responsibilities defined above, the ideal candidate will have:
- A Linux Systems Admin or DevOps Engineering background, with experience in real world deployment to a MS Azure cloud platform (AWS experience is also preferred).
- Have 5+ years of practical experience deploying, managing and maintaining Linux operating environments.
- 2+ years of experience in containerization.
- Have K8 component and larger cluster administration experience.
- 2+ years solid experience applying and troubleshooting Kubernetes.
- Candidates must be able to pass a US Public Trust background check for badging and to access client systems.
Education/Experience: BS/BA in Computer Science or related field, MS is preferred.
Certifications (Required): Cloud Architect or DevOps Certification is preferred but 2 additional years of Cloud relevant experience (totaling 7 or more) can be substituted.
- In order to meet the clearance requirements for this opportunity, candidates must be a US Citizen.
- Ability to pass a US Public Trust background investigation for access to the client site and computing systems. You must have lived in the US for the past three (3) years
- As a Federal Contractor, employees may be required to be vaccinated against Covid-19 and provide proof of vaccination prior to the first date of employment.
- All candidates will be subject to a complete background check to include, but not limited to Criminal History, Education Verification, Professional Certification Verification, Verification of Previous Employment and Credit History
- The salary range for this position is $145,000 – $170,000 annually
- For information on SFI’s benefits please visit:
- This is a full-time position. Please no agencies, third parties, or corp-to-corp.
- Equal-opportunity Employer, EOE AA M/F/Vet/Disability.
- Spatial Front Inc. participates in E-Verify.
Expected salary: $145000 – 170000 per year
Location: Silver Spring, MD
Job date: Sun, 10 Jul 2022 06:34:22 GMT
Apply for the job now!