Job title: BELL CAPTAIN – HOTEL GUEST SERVICES
Company: Seminole Gaming
Job description: Overview
Whether you want to make your debut or go back on tour after a long hiatus, starting a career at can feel more like play than work. This expansive property is the premier entertainment destination of Central Florida & features high stakes table games along with thousands of the hottest slot machines. Owned & operated by the Seminole Tribe of Florida, this electrifying casino destination boasts rock star amenities at its AAA Four Diamond rated hotel ranging from seven award-winning Zagat-rated restaurants, a newly renovated Rock Spa® & Salon and VIP services galore.
Our Commitment to Service:
We don’t have customers, we have Guests. Unparalleled Service isn’t just a part of our mission statement at Seminole Gaming; it’s a commitment to each and every one of our current & future Guests. Our staff spends their time making sure that every single one of our guests gets the rock star treatment, but the Seminole Hard Rock family also rolls out the red carpet for our employees with competitive benefits & a great work environment.
Benefits & Perks:
We offer rockin’ benefits that include Medical, Dental, Vision & Life Insurances, 401K, Paid time off, Annual Bonus Opportunity & much more! Please visit to see our full list of benefits!
How we look & appear to each guest provides an important impression of our Company. Non-permitted guidelines include unnatural hair color, visibly explicit or offensive tattoos, facial tattoos, ear piercings that alter the shape and/or size of the ear, any visible body or facial piercings other than two (2) piercings per ear, facial hair longer than ½ inch in length or mustaches that extend past ¼ inch below the upper lip. Please note this list is not all-inclusive, as well as exceptions to these rules may apply for certain departments.
This position is responsible for supervising and providing guidance to Bell Services and door staff in order to ensure that courteous and high-quality service is consistently delivered to guests.
Essential duties include, but are not limited to:
- Must be able to work a flexible schedule, to include weekends and holidays.
- Must arrive to work on time, consistently – modeling the behaviors expected of the staff.
- Assist in the planning of and attend all required training and safety courses; attend all required department meetings.
Abide by and model all established rules and policies. * Be fully competent in all Bell and Door service responsibilities.
- Be aware of Group information, both catered and rooms-inclusive functions.
- Participate in the maintenance of hotel security features and procedures.
- Be aware of safety protocol and foster a safe working environment.
- Maintain a thorough understanding of current sales strategies.
- Ability to coordinate communications between all Resort lines of business in regards to department status and Guest needs.
- Perform and follow up on any other duties assigned by the Front Office Manager or Director of Rooms.
- Exercise responsible use of compensation for the purpose of Guest recovery within your designated authorized areas.
- Be able to access the rooms rack and to interpret the coded description of each room.
- Ability to print and interpret all required room reservation reports.
- Ability to provide feedback to members of the staff in the interest of professional development.
- Ability to understand concepts of occupancy statistics, hotel operating guidelines, arrival and departure patterns, house count balancing, and loss prevention strategies.
- Maintain effective communication with the management team through established communication tools.
- Immediately correct and address any Guest service inadequacy, assuring complete Guest satisfaction.
- Ensure a high standard of personal conduct, personal appearance and professionalism.
- Ability to perform basic management and supervisory functions determined by the Front Office Manager.
- Assure every Guest is greeted and served in accordance with established operating guidelines.
- Act as liaison between Valet service company — assuring Valet staff is aware of Resort activities and services and that the staff is aware of Resort operating guidelines.
- High School diploma, GED, or equivalent required
- Minimum one (1) – three (3) years of Bell Services or Guest service experience in a hotel or similar environment desired
- Must be able to work a flexible schedule to include weekends and holidays
- Must have exceptional Guest service skills
- Must be detail oriented
- Must have excellent interpersonal and communication skills
- Must possess excellent time management and organization skills
- Must be comfortable working with computers in a highly energetic and regulated environment
- Must be able to provide clear and concise directions and information to hotel guests, members of Bell Services, and Door Staff
- Must be willing and able to assist any Guest or Staff Member request in a consummately professional, positive, and proactive manner
- Duties and responsibilities are typically performed in the hotel and back of house of the casino, which can be faced-paced. Also, there may be times where you will need to be on the Casino Floor or pass through this area. On the Casino Floor, you may be exposed to casino-related environmental factors including, but not limited to, second hand smoke and excessive noise.
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee is frequently required to stand; walk; use hands to finger, handle, or feel; reach with hands and arms, talk or hear; and taste or smell. The employee must frequently lift and/or move up to 50 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close, distance, color, and peripheral vision, depth perception and ability to adjust focus.
- Must be able to work standing/walking for long periods of time
Native American Preference Policy:
The Tribal Council gives preference in all of its employment practices to Native Americans. First preference in hiring, training, promoting and in all other aspects of employment is given to members of the Seminole Tribe who meet the job requirements. Second preference is given to members of other federally recognized Native American Tribes who meet the job requirements.
Seminole Gaming’s employment process requires candidates to obtain gaming licensure by successfully completing a background check with Seminole Gaming Compliance and Regulations, prior to beginning employment. These background checks may include, but are not limited to:
- Credit Check
- Criminal Background Check
- Drug Screen
While this is intended to be an accurate reflection of the current job, management reserves the right to revise the current job or to require that other or different tasks be performed when circumstances change, (e.g. emergencies, changes in personnel, workload, rush jobs or technical developments).
Location: Tampa, FL
Job date: Sat, 09 Jul 2022 02:37:58 GMT
Apply for the job now!