Job title: BI Engineering – Advisor
Company: CVS Health
Job description: Job Description
The Advisor, Business Intelligence position requires an ambitious, motivated, and eager individual who will be responsible for working cross-functionally with internal and external partners on Reporting and Analytic projects. Respond to requests for custom client reporting, special projects in support of client meetings and ad hoc analysis. Develop analysis and reporting that drives insights and action for stakeholders. Drive process efficiencies via innovative technical solutions. Ensure documentation of reporting requirements is complete for the development team and end user reference. Writing high performance, scalable code against large data warehouse systems like Teradata, and various cloud platforms like Azure/Databricks and GCP.
– Provide end to end support of new and existing analytical work products including identifying project deliverables and timelines, defining the business problem, generating hypotheses, developing the analytic methodology, summarizing findings, compiling business recommendations and presenting findings to leadership team
– Analyze industry / technology trends and conduct ad-hoc analyses to address key business questions and unlock insights that drive value for the business by using statistical techniques to create relevant benchmarks, identify outliers and summarize the data to recommend action using a variety of tools such as SQL, Python, R
– Provide timely and accurate results, insightful analysis through Reporting and presentation in a variety of formats
– Develop data visualizations and BI (Business Intelligence) dashboards (including self-service BI for non-technical colleagues) by leveraging software development life cycle for designing new analytical models, data marts, reports, and dashboards in Tableau, PowerBI
– Design and build scalable/reusable data models and ETL (Extract Transform Load) processes to support analysis and reporting on platforms like Teradata, SQL Server, Azure/Databricks, GCP, performing routine maintenance, and address special requests
– Conduct or coordinate appropriate testing of analytic solutions to ensure results are consistent with business requirements or defined needs
– Construct and deliver written reports of analytic findings in a variety of formats, formulate recommendations, and effectively present results to stakeholders
5+ years of experience in the following:
1. Business intelligence solution creation within analytics or strategy function, preferably in health care industry
2. Teradata, Snowflake, BigQuery, Azure/Databricks, GCP or any cloud-based data platforms
3. Tableau, PowerBI or similar visualization software
COVID-19 Vaccination Requirement
CVS Health requires certain colleagues to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 (including any booster shots if required), where allowable under the law, unless they are approved for a reasonable accommodation based on disability, medical condition, religious belief, or other legally recognized reasons that prevents them from being vaccinated.
You are required to have received at least one COVID-19 shot prior to your first day of employment and to provide proof of your vaccination status or apply for a reasonable accommodation within the first 10 days of your employment. Please note that in some states and roles, you may be required to provide proof of full vaccination or an approved reasonable accommodation before you can begin to actively work.
Excellent written and oral communication and data presentation skills, with ability to tailor the communication style to the right audience, from analytic professionals to senior business leaders.
Solid understanding and hands-on experience with Python, R or other similar programming language.
Ability to concisely explain complex analytical finding to non-analytic peers and internal customers.
BA/BS degree required (Computer Science, Engineering, or related fields preferred) with 4-7+ years of relevant experience; or a Master’s degree or equivalent in an analytic discipline and 2+ years of relevant experience.
At CVS Health, we are joined in a common purpose: helping people on their path to better health. We are working to transform health care through innovations that make quality care more accessible, easier to use, less expensive and patient-focused. Working together and organizing around the individual, we are pioneering a new approach to total health that puts people at the heart.
We strive to promote and sustain a culture of diversity, inclusion and belonging every day. CVS Health is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer. We do not discriminate in recruiting, hiring or promotion based on race, ethnicity, sex/gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability or protected veteran status or on any other basis or characteristic prohibited by applicable federal, state, or local law. We proudly support and encourage people with military experience (active, veterans, reservists and National Guard) as well as military spouses to apply for CVS Health job opportunities.
Location: Scottsdale, AZ
Job date: Sat, 09 Jul 2022 02:57:42 GMT
Apply for the job now!