Job title: Building and Structure Sciences – Architect
Company: Braun Intertec
Job description: Braun Intertec is seeking a Building and Structures Architect to join our Lenexa, KC office.
Technical: Ability to be the primary technical consulting resource and leader on complex projects.
- Perform third party review of construction documents and specifications for Building envelope components.
- Attend on-site meetings for design review, pre-construction meetings, mock-up reviews, construction administration, etc.
- Assist in the review and analysis of building component failures (i.e., water infiltration) and develop means of assessment and conducting investigation assignments.
- Investigate and diagnose problems with the Building envelope and develop realistic and reasonable solutions to correct the problem.
- Support field testing including window water spray testing, blower door testing, thermographic (infrared) inspections and waterproofing/air barrier testing/inspections.
- Write reports and documentation with professional opinions.
- Provide technical quality review of Staff and Project Consultants work when professional licensed individual is required on work product.
- Participate in work and travel to job sites as necessary in-state and occasionally out of state and coordinated with other Braun Intertec offices.
Business Development: Utilizing your marketing and business development skills to sell and perform professional services.
- Engage in, create, and foster client relationships. Work to acquire new clients and new work.
- Work with Business Unit Manager/Leader to set and meet a Business Development Goal as part of the Building and Structure Sciences Group’s growth initiatives.
- Develop project cost estimates and write proposals and perform the work in compliance with those estimates.
- Making presentations to professional organizations and clients in the process of marketing and community involvement.
- Participate in industry committees (BEC, AIA, ASTM, etc.) to maintain brand identity in the AEC community.
Management: Ability to move into a supervisory/management role as growth occurs.
- Employee must have the ability to think and reason three dimensionally about Building structures and systems and think through practical problems, while applying concrete, abstract or conceptual principles to projects that are being investigated. The employee should then be able to develop a reasoned, logical conclusion that is supported by the facts and observations.
- Experience in the detailing, construction, and construction administration phases of a Building project. Knowledge that will serve as a foundation to this role includes Building systems, waterproofing, windows/curtainwall, exterior façade materials, roofing, masonry, mechanical systems, and electrical systems. Wide ranging experience is desired, as the candidate will be dealing with a variety of diverse Building systems, issues, and investigations.
- General knowledge of Building Codes, Energy Codes, and the different versions of the various codes on affect.
- The employee will need to have the ability to walk through a project or jobsite, stoop, kneel, crawl, reach, carry, touch, and climb. This can be in a combination of tightly enclosed areas, or on ladders, lifts and scaffolding. At times, the job can be physically demanding and involves interior and exterior work in all weather conditions.
- Ability to assist (on occasion) in performing a variety of field testing including, but not limited to, window water spray testing, blower door testing, thermographic (infrared) inspections and waterproofing/air barrier testing/inspections, non-destructive testing, vibration monitoring.
- Good knowledge of Building Codes, Energy Codes and the different versions of the various codes in affect.
- Excellent written and verbal skills are required to describe observations, analysis, testing, and conclusions based upon the building codes, industry standards, and professional experience. Candidate should be confident and knowledgeable to be able to support conclusions developed.
- Occasional travel to support projects in different areas of the country.
- Minimum of 10+ years of experiences in the architectural/engineering/construction profession dealing with issues related to Building Sciences and Building construction.
- Degreed Architect from an accredited college, or equivalent education and experience in related architectural/engineering/construction industry.
- Professional licensure as an Architect preferred.
- Prior management experience preferred.
- Experience with ICC, NFPA, ASHRAE, ADA, ASTM, ANSI, AAMA and other standards
- Computer proficiency.
- Valid Driver’s License and clear driving record.
Braun Intertec is a Drug-Free Workplace and requires all new hires to complete a pre-employment drug screen test, criminal background check, and motor vehicle report.
Braun Intertec employees are encouraged to expand their skills and certifications through company provided training and mentoring.
Braun Intertec offers a competitive compensation and benefits package, including: medical, dental, vision, life insurance, 401(k) plan, PTO, Employee Stock Ownership Program (ESOP), and paid holidays.
As an EEO/Affirmative Action Employer, all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, veteran or disability status.
Braun Intertec strives to ensure that its careers web site is accessible to all. If you need assistance completing your online application, please email .
As an Equal Opportunity Employer, Braun Intertec is committed to providing reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities and disabled veterans. If you need a reasonable accommodation to assist with your job search or application for employment, please e-mail us at . In your e-mail, please include a description of the specific accommodation you are requesting as well as the job title and requisition number of the position for which you are applying.
Location: Kansas City, KS
Job date: Thu, 09 Jun 2022 06:33:02 GMT
Apply for the job now!