Job title: BUILDING AUTOMATION CONTROLS MANAGER – SOUTH BEND, IN
Company: Compass Group
Job description: Salary:
SSC Services for Education is known for our expertise, commitment, and value; and we at SSC truly believe that our people are our greatest asset. By utilizing our associates’ knowledge and experience alongside SSC’s extensive training, providing supportive management, and offering unparalleled wage and benefit packages as well as career advancement opportunities, we have developed a workforce that differentiates us from our competitors.
SSC Services for Education is a Nationwide Best in Class Facility Service Provider. As a member of Compass Group, North America, we want you to be as great as you can be. We empower our associates to direct their own future, keeping them confident that we support them every step of the way. As a result, our associates embody greatness through their actions, natural passion for quality, and a can-do attitude. The opportunity for greatness is real at SSC and throughout the Compass world.
Working under direction of Director Facilities, the Building Automation Controls Manager is guided by a working knowledge of facilities management and having a strong background of boilers, chillers, heating, ventilation and air conditioning systems, with both electronic and pneumatic controls. Responsible for the BAS program on all campuses to ensure HVAC equipment is operated efficiently and to create a comfortable environment for students, faculty and staff to learn, teach and support. Must have working knowledge and firm grasp of building automation logic with the ability to read/program code, identify functional problems with pressures/temperatures, valves and actuators and repair/install new equipment on an as-needed basis. This position requires a high level of technical expertise with a variety of HVAC automation systems supplied by multiple manufacturers (Metasys, Siemens, Phoenix, ALC etc).
- Evaluate and review subcontractor proposals and provide recommendations on contracts.
- Assist with pre-construction elements including project initiation, kickoff, RFIs and submittals.
- Coordinate and support resource and material forecasting.
- Develop, manage and monitor schedule.
- Participate in, schedule or lead project meetings.
- Coordinate QA/QC plans and specifications to ensure completion in accordance with the project scope and appropriate guidelines.
- Oversee and coordinate with consultants as needed.
- Assist in cost and time schedules for proposed work with the aid of team leaders. Assign and schedule duties to project team members.
- Coordinate or oversee start-up, cutover, pre-functional or functional testing and project closeout Monitors and Controls Project Financials.
- Prepare, forecast and monitor project budgets, profitability, margins, bill rates and utilization and maintain overall responsibility for the profitability of the project.
- Communicate with the client when change orders are required.
- Identify potential project risks and implement strategies to minimize impact and control deviations from estimated costs and project deadlines.
- Provide daily reporting with narrative and photographic documentation.
- Assist in project contract administration.
- College Degree Preferred
- At least 5 years of experience managing building automation systems
- Ability to analyze and prepare documents, reports and correspondence.
- Knowledge of MS Office Excel, Word, Outlook, and PowerPoint.
- Working knowledge of project management software.
- Working knowledge of open-source protocols BACnet, Modbus and SNMP.
- Knowledge of Niagara platforms and Distech controls platforms.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
- Ability to work successfully as a member of a team and independently.
- Administrative and organizational skills and an ability to prioritize
- Excellent time management skills required
Apply to SSC today!
SSC is a member of Compass Group USA
Compass Group is an equal opportunity employer. At Compass, we are committed to treating all Applicants and Associates fairly based on their abilities, achievements, and experience without regard to race, national origin, sex, age, disability, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity, or any other classification protected by law.
Qualified candidates must be able to perform the essential functions of this position satisfactorily with or without a reasonable accommodation. Disclaimer: this job post is not necessarily an exhaustive list of all essential responsibilities, skills, tasks, or requirements associated with this position. While this is intended to be an accurate reflection of the position posted, the Company reserves the right to modify or change the essential functions of the job based on business necessity. *Los Angeles applicants: Compass Group will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of the Los Angeles Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring (Ban the Box ordinance)
Associates at SSC are offered many fantastic benefits.
- Life Insurance/ AD
- Disability Insurance
- Retirement Plan
- Paid Time Off
- Holiday Time Off (varies by site/state)
- Associate Shopping Program
- Health and Wellness Programs
- Discount Marketplace
- Identity Theft Protection
- Pet Insurance
- Commuter Benefits
- Employee Assistance Program
- Flexible Spending Accounts (FSAs)
Req ID: 1040019
Location: South Bend, IN
Job date: Tue, 28 Jun 2022 23:39:22 GMT
Apply for the job now!