Job title: Building Automation Project Field Engineer (Remote) Job
Company: Acuity Brands
Job description: What will be your role?
We are presently recruiting for a Building Automation Project Engineer who will work in collaboration with the Construction and Engineering teams. You will be responsible for providing high level technical field support and troubleshooting, including commissioning, control logic programming, integration with third party systems, IT infrastructure and system security. You will update and/or develop engineering drawings, sequence of operations, control logic programming for strategic customers within the Distech Controls Energy Services (DCES) team. You will also provide internal and external technical training.
Reporting to the Engineering Manager, the Project Engineer will be responsible for delivering a high level of consistency in engineering and project delivery of our Strategic Account Customer projects.
What will you do?
In collaboration with the Engineering Team and the Project Managers, you will work closely with the Account Operations Manager and the DCES team to leverage the success of the organization.
- Oversee System Integrator Partners and electrical and mechanical subcontractors work to ensure their performance on-site meets or exceeds project requirements
- Provide oversight and hands on assistance to Startup Technicians in helping test as well as troubleshoot installation issues during the startup and commissioning of building controls and systems
- Ensure projects meet or exceed client requirements and expectations.
- Ensure projects are delivered to meet or improve schedules and deadlines;
- Develop and foster excellent relationships business and project stakeholders: System Integrator Partners, Consulting Engineers, Building Owners and Property Managers and Mechanical Contractors;
- Support and help maintain overall financial integrity of projects through efficient engineering best practices.
- Provide input to Engineering Manager and Account Operations Manager as requested or required to assist in the accurate, design, installation, start up, commissioning, and training for building systems
- Interpret control drawings, plans, and specifications to ensure accurate installation, assembly, testing, and programming of controls systems.
- Participate in and ensure commissioning activities are delivered to meet or improve schedules and deadlines.
- Perform MEP Drawings and Specifications reviews and ‘take-off’s’
- Develop Detailed Design Engineering drawings for Building Automation and Control Systems.
- Develop and maintain BMS controls programs and graphical user interfaces to support project sequence of operations and scope of work.
- Support DCES Application Engineers as needed to develop sequence of operations and programming logic required to meeting engineering specifications and efficient building standards.
- Produce BMS Submittal Packages, including:
o Panel drawings, network architecture (riser) drawings, control schematics and floorplans
o Equipment and IP schedules
o Bill of Materials
o Check out and commissioning documentation
- Provide Service Department support on upgrades and existing installations to continue meeting existing customer needs and to insure and recommend efficient building operation;
- Complete time sheets, service work orders, and other paperwork required for this position in an accurate and timely manner;
- Assist in turnover of projects from Operations Team to Service Team;
- Other duties as assigned.
How you will contribute:
- Supports deployment of DCES projects while meeting specific customer requirements:
- Develops and Maintains Standardized Project Technical Documentation;
- Develops Sequences of Operation and Supporting BAS Programs;
- Develops and Maintains Owner Specific User Interfaces;
- Validate Project Programming and Project Deployment Standards
Accountabilities and Performance Measures:
- Profitable and timely Project Delivery according to Projected Financial and Scheduling Targets;
- Maintains high customer satisfaction ratings that meet company standards;
- Completes required training and development objectives within the assigned time frame.
Qualified Applicants will have:
- Minimum of high school diploma;
- Two year technical degree in HVAC or Electronics related studies preferred. An undergraduate degree in Electrical or Mechanical related studies is excellent;
- Minimum of 5 years experience in a BMS Service Technician, Commissioning Technician or Project Engineer role.
- Extensive knowledge of mechanical and HVAC systems;
- Self-starting, self-motivated individual, able to think outside the box, ability to prioritize and work effectively without daily guidance/supervision
- Flexible Team player. Ability to rapidly change focus based on business needs
- Comfortable working daily in a large scale construction atmosphere
- Experience in Building control system commissioning;
- Experience in Building control system design and engineering, excellent troubleshooting skills and an ability to read complex Mechanical/Electrical Plans, manuals and programming logic;
- Niagara expert. Must be AX/N4 certified with minimum 3 years experience
- Technical Proficiency in BAS Programming and Open Protocols (LON, BACnet, MODBus, etc.);
- IT Systems Expertise, including M2M communications and security
- Experience with Distech Controls hardware and software not essential but will be highly regarded.
- Proficient in English, exceptional written, oral communication and presentation skills;
- Ability to multi-task and handle various priorities;
- Must hold a valid driver’s license and vehicle
- This position requires up to 65% travel. The employee must hold a valid passport;
- This position may require the employee to maintain a home based office.
- Dynamic workplace and fast growing international company
- Continuous professional development program
- Opportunity for career advancement within the organization
- Competitive salary and extensive benefits, including annual performance bonus, group insurances and retirement program
- Flexible Time Off Vacation Policy. 160hrs PTO first year
- Reward programs
Req ID: 4901
Location: Herndon, VA
Job date: Thu, 07 Jul 2022 00:39:54 GMT
Apply for the job now!