Job title: Building Automation Technician (HVAC)
Company: P1 Group, Inc.
Job description: P1 Group, Inc., is seeking a Controls Technician for the Lenexa, KS. office.
Join our P1 Group Team!
Since 1919, P1 Group, Inc. has created a proud tradition, outstanding reputation and proven performance record in the electrical and mechanical construction and building service industries. P1 Group has established itself as one of the premier contractors both locally and across the nation. Offering a challenging and fast-paced work environment, P1 Group takes pride in its ability to maintain a high standard of excellence along with an ethical and friendly business culture. Additionally, the safety program, which includes a full-time staff, has helped the company win numerous national safety awards.
P1 Group, Inc. is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, religion, color, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, status as a protected veteran, among other things, or status as a qualified individual with disability.
We have a competitive compensation and benefit package.
- In this position you will support the controls department in any projects, service calls, or preventative maintenance agreements. As well as when other divisions require controls support.
Responsibilities and Duties
- Installs, troubleshoots, maintains, inspects, modifies and repairs HVAC Building Management Systems (BMS)
- Work with Controls Engineers on projects to program and commissioning new and existing BMS systems.
- Applying knowledge of engineering principles and practices.
- Creating installation drawings, submittal drawings, as-built drawings, control panel layout, and transition to service.
- Creating bill of materials and ordering controls equipment and materials.
- Work with Controls Engineers to review equipment submittals for incorporation into design.
Qualifications and Skills
- Education Experience: Associate’s degree or equivalent from two-year college or technical school with a certificate in HVAC, AAS, or BAS, or equivalent combination of education and experience. High school diploma or GED equivalent required.
- Experience: A minimum of two (2) years related controls experience. Preferred HVAC Mechanical experience.
- Driving Requirements:
- Must be able to meet P1 Group qualifications to operate a vehicle on company business. Must be able to satisfactorily pass a motor vehicle record check. Must be at least 18 years of age and possess a valid driver’s license.
- Other Requirements:
- Work Hours: Flexibility to work outside normal work hours/weekends, as required.
- Must be able to satisfactorily pass a criminal background check and drug screen.
- Certifications or Industry Experience:
- Computer skills including AutoCAD, Visio, etc. is preferred.
- Experience with Johnson FX, Niagara AX and N4, or other building automation platforms. Familiarity in Bacnet, LON works, and Modbus is preferred.
- Ability to read, analyze, and interpret plans, specifications, contract documents, control drawings is required.
- Intermediate to advanced knowledge of IP based networking is preferred.
- Building DDC industry knowledge as it pertains to HVAC Building Automation Systems is required.
- Computer Skills: Must be proficient in using email, database, internet, spreadsheet, and word processing applications: specifically Microsoft Office products (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and Windows).
- Customer Service: Manages difficult or emotional customer situations; responds promptly to customer needs; solicits customer feedback to improve service; responds to requests for service and assistance; meets commitments.
- Interpersonal Skills: Focuses on solving conflict, not blaming; maintains confidentiality; listens to others without interrupting; keeps emotions under control; remains open to others’ ideas and tries new things.
- Language Skills:
- Reading and Comprehension: Must be able to read, analyze, and interpret general business periodicals, professional journals, technical procedures, or governmental regulations; to write reports, instructions to employees, and basic business correspondence; and to effectively present information and respond to questions from groups of managers, internal customers, and vendors.
- Oral Communication: Speaks clearly and persuasively in positive or negative situations; listens and gets clarification; responds well to questions; participates in meetings.
- Written communication: Writes clearly and informatively; edits work for spelling and grammar; able to read and interpret written information.
- Mathematical Skills: Must be able to work with mathematical concepts such as probability and statistical inference, and fundamentals of geometry and algebra. Ability to apply concepts such as fractions, percentages, ratios, and proportions to practical situations.
- Planning/Organizing: Prioritizes and plans work activities; uses time efficiently.
- Problem Solving: Identifies and resolves problems in a timely manner; gathers and analyzes information skillfully; develops alternative solutions; works well in group problem solving situations.
- Reasoning Ability: Must be able to solve practical problems and deal with a variety of concrete variables in situations where only limited standardization exists, and he/she must be able to interpret a variety of instructions furnished in written, oral, diagram, or schedule form.
- Technical Skills: Assesses own strengths and weaknesses; pursues training and development opportunities; strives to continuously build knowledge and skills; shares expertise with others.
If you are a qualified individual with a disability or a disabled veteran, you may request a reasonable accommodation if you are unable or limited in your ability to access job openings or apply for a job on this site as a result of your disability. You can request reasonable accommodations by contacting Human Resources: email or call: 913-275-5694.
Powered by JazzHR
Location: Lenexa, KS
Job date: Sat, 02 Jul 2022 06:02:18 GMT
Apply for the job now!