Job title: Building Engineer
Job description: Fry Family YMCA Maintenance team is seeking a Building Engineer to become part of their integral team!
Building Engineers are responsible for providing routine and emergency engineering, maintenance, and repair services at assigned locations to ensure a positive experience. Building Engineers will interface with customers and staff to meet facility needs and will require a high level of customer service.
Our staff is the Y’s greatest asset. Our teams provide valuable skills, knowledge, and passion that is essential to the contribution and positive impact in our communities, which is why we offer Y employees numerous perks and benefits, including:
- Comprehensive benefits package for eligible employees
- Opportunity for eligible employees to participate in the Y’s retirement fund
- Be part of a team that is passionate about building and sustaining an inclusive and equitable environment for all staff, volunteers, and members
- Do meaningful work and contribute to the advancement of the YMCA vision by meeting the needs of the people in our communities
- Complimentary Adult YMCA membership and an employee discount on select programs
- Career advancement opportunities – grow your career at the Y!
Scope of Responsibilities:
Provides hands-on engineering support for routine, preventative, and emergency maintenance services as needed such as carpentry, electrical, HVAC, plumbing, landscape services, and other building systems to optimize service quality and maintenance costs while adhering to building codes, maintenance standards, and processes.
- Ensures assigned location(s) is executing on facilities and maintenance plans and following related standards, building codes, policies, and processes in support of internal quality standards and controls. This includes:
- Ensure all mechanical, plumbing, electrical, fitness, and pool equipment, if applicable, are maintained in good working order and adhering to a preventive maintenance program.
- Surveys and tracks all mechanical, plumbing, electrical, fitness, and pool equipment if applicable, to enhance service quality and ensures compliance with preventive maintenance plans.
- Monitors and evaluates utility services including electricity, natural gas, water, storm drainage, and septic systems.
- Monitors fire and life safety systems, standby generators, UPS systems, elevator, and emergency exit plans
- Ensures compliance with OSHA safety standards throughout assigned locations
- Maintains appropriate records and documentation, as needed for a specific location
- Responds to and completes work orders in a timely manner including reporting on work progress and completion. Provides daily assignments to facility technicians, and works with vendors and others as appropriate to complete work orders and documents results. Utilizes a maintenance management system to enter, track, analyze, and report on work orders and activities.
- Maintains tools and orders supplies as required for installation and repairs. Complies with company policy for the safe storage, usage, and disposal of hazardous materials. Maintains a clean and safe workspace at all times.
- Assists with capital project plan including assisting on renovations and modifications to the facilities related to electrical, plumbing, mechanical, and other skilled trades, as needed, and assists project manager, where required.
- Evaluates, troubleshoots, repairs, and provides guidance on building and equipment issues as needed.
- Keeps abreast of related regulations, equipment, building and safety standards, reporting requirements, and systems/equipment; continuously builds skills in order to proactively address facilities and maintenance issues.
Minimum and Preferred Requirements:
- Facilities engineering experience typically held by those with 5 or more years of related experience or an equivalent combination of related education and experience; team leadership experience coaching or directing team members is preferred
- Demonstrated knowledge and expertise in all phases of physical plant operations including building systems, equipment maintenance and repair, scheduling, and administration
- Technical, hands-on expertise in HVAC, electrical, and/or plumbing systems including diagnosis, troubleshooting, and repairs
- Knowledge of OSHA and related safety practices as well as state and local safety, fire, construction, and public access regulations.
- Ability to keep detailed, accurate, and complete records and documentation as needed.
- Budget and expense management experience, with the ability to assist in managing budgets to plan
- Intermediate proficiency in Microsoft Office (Word, Excel), email, Facility Dude, or related software; ability to learn and adapt to new technology
- Experience motivating and supporting a diverse, high-performing team including developing and coaching team members.
- Customer service orientation, with the ability to effectively communicate on a regular basis with internal customers, build relationships, manage customer expectations, and take responsibility for a high level of service.
- Proficient verbal and written communication skills, including the ability to clearly and concisely present ideas and concepts and tailor communication to multiple, non-technical audiences including team, customers, and other constituents.
- Demonstrated interpersonal skills with the ability to effectively build and maintain relationships with customers, team members, and other stakeholders and constituents.
- Critical thinking skills and track record of continuous improvement including identifying and effectively addressing service needs and gaps.
- Ability to organize and prioritize multiple, competing for priorities to maximize personal and team effectiveness.
- Continuous learner who leverages opportunities for learning and applies new knowledge and skills.
- Demonstrates evidence of YMCA Leader competencies in previous experience or practice.
- Meet physical qualifications required as outlined in the job description including visual acuity.
- Ability to travel locally in Chicagoland (city and suburbs) with a valid Driver’s License.
YMCA Vaccine Policy
We’re committed to the health and wellness of our employees, members, program participants, and those most vulnerable. If hired by the YMCA, you will be required to provide proof of COVID-19 vaccination no later than two (2) days prior to your start date, whichever occurs later, unless an exemption for a medical condition or sincerely-held religious beliefs is granted.
Child Abuse Prevention:
Supports the YMCA’s commitment to child abuse prevention by:
- Reporting any items that may provide a health or safety hazard to staff, members or guests to your supervisor
- Following all policies and procedures related to keeping children safe in our facilities and programs, including those related to the monitoring and supervision of children
- Reporting any suspicious behavior and violation of policy and procedures to your supervisor
- Completing all child abuse prevention training as required
Location: Naperville, IL
Job date: Fri, 17 Jun 2022 00:44:29 GMT
Apply for the job now!