Job title: Building Information Modeling (BIM) VDC Detailer
Company: Adams Electric Company
Job description: Summary / Job Objective: The Building Information Model/ Virtual Design Construction (BIM/VDC) Detailer will assist in the day-to-day drawing layout, drawing detailing, project browser organization and drawing plotting of all Adams Electric Company BIM/VDC Projects. This role reports to the BIM Manager and will serve as the main Detailer and Plotter within Adams Electric Company Charlotte office. This role will be responsible for providing support through drawing detailing for the BIM/VDC department.
Essential Functions / Responsibilities:
- Revit Shop Drawing Detailing
- Produce quality BIM drawings from oral or written instructions by adding information tags, dimensions, drawing notes and details to field installation drawings
- Detail drawings by department standards set by the BIM Manager
- Revit Project Browser Organization
- Organization of views in Project browser based on current Revit template
- Add templates to views in Revit Models.
- Exporting Shop Drawings / Sheets
- Export or print sheets for review by Field team, and/or Project Team.
- Publish Drawings to BIM 360 Docs for field teams
- Document Control / Printed
- Organizing the production of plan sets for Pre-Construction and Project Management Teams in the CLT office
- Printing sheets and copies for CLT office on large format copiers
- Ability to execute BIM technology (ie Revit, Navisworks, Blue Beam) and process for model completion, producing shop drawings, interpreting equipment submittals, etc. for coordination or installation purposes on projects within the Adams Electric s scope of work.
- Willingness to learn.
- Entry Level Position- No experience required
- Excellent Computer Skills
- Knowledge of current BIM software: Blue Beam, Autodesk Revit, CAD experience preferred
- Ability to prioritize tasks to perform on multiple assignments concurrently
- High level of attention to detail with emphasis on accuracy and quality, and a critical eye for design
- Ability to contribute and work well on a team
To be successful in this position, an associate must have competencies in good communication skills and commitment to meeting project deadlines and challenges while working in a team setting.
Position Type/Expected Hours of Work:
This is a full-time position. Salary will remain the same. Days and hours of work are the usual Monday through Friday, 8:00a.m. -5:00 p.m.
Is typically not need unless meeting with Team members in Greensboro or Raleigh or on a project jobsite.
Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities, and activities may change at any time with or without notice.
Location: Charlotte, NC
Job date: Thu, 30 Jun 2022 22:48:22 GMT
Apply for the job now!