Job title: Building Inspector
Company: HR Green
Job description: Join our team! Our mission is BUILDING COMMUNITIES. IMPROVING LIVES. For over 100 years, HR Green has done exactly that, serving as a trusted partner to our Colleagues, our clients, and our communities. Each day, we work to find solutions that inspire our employees and fit our clients’ needs to build trust to exceed our clients’ expectations. We’re proud to be ranked No.162 on Engineering News-Record’s Top 500 Design Firms list in 2022, jumping up the list by 26 positions from 2021’s ranking. In 2021, we have also been awarded as a Best Place to Work!
This Building Inspector serves municipal clients of HR Green and is designated authority charged with the administration and enforcement of the local, State, and Federal codes, ordinances, and regulations for all building and structures, plan review and inspection/observation of building construction and alterations. They will be responsible for assuring safety of all buildings and structures of assigned jurisdiction(s). This position is also responsible for maintaining superior relationships with each of their clients. This position will provide indirect supervision of subordinate personnel. Our flexible staffing model means you get the flexibility you are looking for and the market-leading compensation, benefits and training you deserve.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Manages the execution of assigned municipal projects
- Ensures Municipal compliance with building criteria; develops and maintains standards for construction methods and materials; and oversees the inspection/observation of all public and private buildings for compliance with local, state or federal codes.
- Reviews and examines architectural plans and drawings for completeness and compliance with building, electrical, mechanical, plumbing, and energy compliance codes and local building codes and regulations.
- Coordinates uniform enforcement and inspection/observation methodologies with building personnel; provides training on technical code related topics and operational processes and procedures related to the Municipal development review and inspection process.
- Provides technical advice, information and interpretations regarding the various codes, laws and regulations regarding building construction to architects, engineers, contractors, homeowners, and others in connection with the application of building and zoning codes and regulations to various construction projects.
- Attends and participates in professional association meetings and stays abreast of new trends and innovations in the field of building inspection and plan checking.
- May provide input into the creation of marketing plans, including identifying project opportunities.
- May assist in the preparation of proposals and client interviews
Education and Experience
- 5+ years of experience in all phases of modern construction practices and building codes
- The ability to perform field inspections of commercial and residential buildings to ensure compliance with International and local Building Codes and regulations
- Applies knowledge to detect structural, mechanical, electrical and plumbing code violations or other building related code and ordinance violations
- The ability to establish effective working relationships with employees, supervisors, contractors, architects, engineers, owners and the general public
- ICC Residential Building and ICC Commercial Building Inspection Certification
- ICC certified Plans examiner required.
- ICC International Property Maintenance Code Inspector Certification, or the ability to obtain within six months of hire
- A valid IL Driver’s License with a good driving record
Not only does HR Green provide you with a place to grow, thrive, and enjoy your work, but we are also dedicated to delivering a comprehensive and multi-faceted benefits package. Visit our website for detailed total rewards information.
HR Green is proud to be an affirmative action/ equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, veteran status, or other classification protected by applicable federal, state or local law.
If you like the idea of working for a stable, but rapidly growing organization, we’d love to hear from you.
Location: McHenry, IL
Job date: Fri, 01 Jul 2022 23:30:39 GMT
Apply for the job now!