Job title: Building Maintenance Worker III
Company: County of El Dorado
Job description: Description
COUNTY OF EL DORADO
The County of El Dorado is committed to promoting the power of public service by fostering a diverse and collaborative workplace where employees are empowered, respected and valued. The dedicated efforts taken by the Board of Supervisors continues to promote El Dorado County as a competitive employer that is committed to recruiting and retaining qualified employees by advocating for competitive salaries and excellent benefits. The County of El Dorado is also supportive of providing telework opportunities for employees consistent with business needs and in accordance with Board of Supervisors Policy E-12 – Telecommuting.
CHIEF ADMINISTRATIVE OFFICE
The , is a Division of the Chief Administrative Office and provides a broad range of internal support services for County departments. These include construction, custodial, and the maintenance and repair of county-owned and leased facilities and grounds. Facilities is committed to plan for, build and maintain the most efficient, effective facilities for County operations for the short and long term.
Put your knowledge and experience with building, equipment repair and maintenance into action! You will have the opportunity to perform a variety of skilled craftwork including painting, carpentry, plumbing, hvac maintenance, mechanical, and electrical installation, repair, maintenance, and modification work at County buildings and facilities.
The selected candidate will have the opportunity to:
- Perform troubleshooting, repair, maintenance, installation, and adjustment to a variety of complex County mechanical and electrical systems, such as boilers, circulating pumps, generators, batteries, lighting and electrical control systems, valves, piping and plumbing fixtures, furnaces, blowers and ductwork, pneumatic tubes, water supply and drainage systems, and appliance and fire sprinkler systems.
- Perform preventive maintenance on mechanical systems, including lubricating, changing filters, cleaning, and testing components.
- Install and modify electrical systems; run new circuits; pull wire; install outlets, switches, and fixtures.
- Install, modify, and repair plumbing and piping systems, including water supply lines, valves, and fixtures, as well as drain, waste, and vent systems.
- Perform skilled carpentry work, including the preparation of concrete forms; place and finish concrete; frame platforms, walls, decks and partitions; install, tape, and texture sheetrock; install finish material such as baseboards, trims, and moldings.
For a full description of duties and responsibilities please review the job description
Human Resources will assess your application to determine if you are minimally qualified using the following minimum qualifications:
Any combination of the required experience, education, and training that would provide the essential knowledge, skills, and abilities is qualifying.
Equivalent to graduation from high school;
Two (2) years of journey-level experience at a level equivalent to the County’s class of Building Maintenance Worker II, including at least two (2) years of journey-level skills in at least three (3) skilled trades areas, such as plumbing, painting, mechanical, carpentry, and/or electrical maintenance.
Licenses and Certifications:
- Possession of, or ability to obtain, a valid California Driver’s License by time of appointment and a satisfactory driving record.
- Possession of Universal EPA Section 608 Technician Certification within six (6) months of hire.
to view the minimum qualifications for a Building Maintenance Worker III as well as the physical, environmental, and working conditions.
SUBMIT YOUR APPLICATION
Apply online by clicking on the ‘Apply’ link at the top of this announcement. When your online application and responses to the required supplemental questions are complete, click ‘Accept’.
If you have any questions regarding this recruitment, contact Jenny Thomas in Human Resources at [email protected]
The Human Resources Department will screen all applications to identify qualified candidates. After screening, qualified candidates will be referred to the next step and notified of all further procedures applicable to their status in the recruitment process.
For more information on the recruitment process .
Based on the hiring department’s needs, the selection procedures listed above may be modified. All candidates will be notified of any changes in the selection procedures.
The County of El Dorado is recruiting applicants for Building Maintenance Worker III. This recruitment will establish a list for the purpose of filling current and future full time vacancies for at least three (3) months.
There is currently one (1) full time vacancy in the Chief Administrative Office, Facilities Division located in Placerville, CA
for Frequently Asked Questions.
The County of El Dorado is an equal opportunity employer and encourages applicants from diverse backgrounds to apply.
Many job classifications require pre-employment medical screening. Depending on the job classification, medical screening may include testing for drugs, including but not limited to marijuana; a positive test may result in revocation of an employment offer.
This classification may include positions that are subject to current requiring all workers who provide services or work in facilities covered by the order to (a) have their first dose of a one-dose regimen or their second dose of a two-dose regimen of an approved vaccine against COVID-19, or (b) provide valid exemption as permitted by the order. An approved exemption would result in the exempted employee being required to wear a face covering and be regularly tested for COVID-19.
Not just rustic mining towns and historic sites – Today El Dorado County is a year-round vacation destination overflowing with outdoor adventure, inviting agritourism location enriching family activities, and a proud Gold Rush history.
Escape the traffic and smog because El Dorado County is just:
- 40 miles to Downtown Sacramento
- 50 miles to Sacramento International Airport
- 129 miles to San Francisco
Here are a few of the many activities and events available throughout El Dorado County:
- Hiking, Camping, Fishing, Boating, and Watersports
- Skiing and Snowboarding
- Live Music and Music Festivals
- Local Craft Breweries and Wineries
- El Dorado County Fair
- Placerville Speedway Races
- Farm to Fork Restaurants
- Local Shopping Gems
CHECK OUT OUR VIDEO TO LEARN MORE!
The County of El Dorado is committed to providing a comprehensive, flexible benefits program to meet your needs!
For your Health and Well-Being:
Flexible Spending Accounts – FSA & HSA
Employee Assistance Program (EAP)
Basic Life Insurance
Long Term Disability (LTD)
Discounts on gym memberships
For your Financial Future:
Deferred Compensation (457) Plans
Optional Life Insurance
For your Work/Life Balance:
Vacation and sick leave accruals To learn more about the benefits offered by the County of El Dorado please visit our website located .
Extra help employees are not considered regular employees, therefore do not attain civil service status, and do not receive benefits or paid leaves; however, they do accrue sick leave consistent with the law.
Expected salary: $49171.2 – 59779.2 per year
Location: Placerville, CA
Job date: Wed, 29 Jun 2022 00:09:25 GMT
Apply for the job now!