Job title: Business Banking – Business Relationship Manager Sr. Acquisition – Ft. Worth, TX
Company: JPMorgan Chase
Job description: Job Description:
At JP Morgan Chase, we have an obsession for helping our clients, taking care of our employees, a strong commitment to diversity, equity and inclusion, building relationships, and delivering extraordinary customer service. Our Business Banking segment serves the banking needs of businesses from $1 million to $20 million in revenue. The Business Relationship Mgr. Sr-Acquisition develops and manages a portfolio of large profitable business clients with annual revenue greater than $3MM. The Acquisition banker focus is on business development, acquiring balances, deepening product utilization, and gaining referrals to increase primary bank share. As a Business Relationship Mgr. Sr-Acquisition banker, you will provide a high-touch experience by building relationships and providing financial advice with a focus on client experience and risk management. Business Banking is looking for an experienced Acquisition banker to focus on acquiring new relationships while also retaining and deepening existing relationships, in order to position Chase as the primary bank for our clients.
Principal Duties and Responsibilities
- Acquire, retain and deepen a portfolio of approximately 40 business clients and 60 prospects in a growth/expansion stage with annual revenue greater than ~$3 million; provide business deposit and cash management solutions and manage business credit opportunities up to $15 million; provide support to branch-based business bankers on sizeable business credit deals as needed.
- Grow portfolio by prospecting for new clients whose businesses are in expansion mode; utilize extensive referral networks and centers of influence to independently identify and pursue potential new business clients, looking for ways to cultivate long-term primary banking relationships.
- Develop strong referral network internally in partnership with Private Bank, Asset Wealth Management, Middle Market and One Chase to identify new opportunities for all partners.
- Leverage knowledge of diverse types of businesses, industries, markets, financial and economic concepts, as well as creative marketing techniques utilizing Chase resources and materials to develop business network and prospects.
- Grow existing relationships through regular client calling to understand the needs of the business and its owner(s) and develop the full financial relationship – business and personal – to ensure a seamless client experience throughout Chase.
- Regularly conduct in-person/virtual calls with clients, prospects, and centers of influence (COIs) at their places of business, looking for ways to cultivate long-term, primary banking relationships.
- Deliver an outstanding experience to Chase business clients by providing comprehensive and customized business banking solutions tailored to the financial needs and circumstances of their businesses. Use knowledge of business, finance, banking, credit and risk management, and state requirements while leveraging relationships, to identify, recommend, and promote solutions that best serve the client and ensure the profitability of the portfolio.
- Understand the personal financial goals and needs of the owner(s). Utilize knowledge of core Consumer products and partner with Branch to identify and deliver appropriate personal financial solutions e.g. consumer DDA, consumer credit card, mobile and digital solutions.
- Build collaborative relationships and partner with specialists across JPMorgan Chase, including Branches, Home Lending, Chase Wealth Management, Merchant Services, Card, Commercial Bank and Private Bank to pair clients with experts on certain products as needed e.g. mortgage, home equity, investments.
- Leverage digital tools to ensure client is versed on self-service options.
- Protect the firm by following sound risk management protocols and control policies and adhering to regulatory requirements. Escalate issues as identified.
- Partner with Solutions Specialist to ensure clients are onboarded seamlessly with end-to-end delivery of new accounts and full suite of digital cash management products and services; follow up with clients after account opening to determine appropriate additional solutions and establish digital capabilities.
- Leverage service team to deliver an outstanding client experience; introduce service partner to client and collaborate with service team to address issues.
Knowledge, Skills and Experience:
- 7 or more years of experience in a business banking relationship management role or related business lending experience; direct in-person contact preferred with 3+ years managing clients
$10+MM revenue. * Bachelor’s degree in Finance or related field, or equivalent work experience strongly preferred.
- Strong knowledge of deposit and cash management products and services.
- Strong knowledge of business credit underwriting with commercial credit training preferred.
- Strong current business network; viewed as a leader in community organizations with demonstrated business acumen; active involvement in community organizations such as Chambers of Commerce, non-profit boards.
- Excellent communication skills with individuals at all levels, internally and externally. Ability to leverage technology to interact with clients effectively and efficiently.
- Proficiency in building and maintaining positive relationships with clients and internal partners. Ability to influence others to achieve desired outcomes.
- Uses seasoned judgment to offer comprehensive and customized solutions that best meet client needs; monitors and researches market/industry trends and business outcomes to anticipate client needs; presents proactive solutions and innovative alternatives when appropriate.
- Demonstrates strong tactical business development and negotiation skills.
- Excellent organizational skills and the ability to manage, prioritize, work under pressure and meet tight deadlines.
- Self-directed, proactive, and creative; uses sound judgment and navigates ambiguity to get things done.
- Ability to balance needs of clients with associated risks and interests of the firm.
- Demonstrated ability to anticipate clients’ issues, own problems on clients’ behalf, and follow through with commitments.
- In-depth knowledge of diverse types of businesses, industries, markets, financial and economic concepts.
- Proficient in MS Office tools including Outlook, Excel, Word, and PowerPoint.
Chase is a leading financial services firm, helping nearly half of America’s households and small businesses achieve their financial goals through a broad range of financial products. Our mission is to create engaged, lifelong relationships and put our customers at the heart of everything we do. We also help small businesses, nonprofits and cities grow, delivering solutions to solve all their financial needs.
We recognize that our people are our strength and the diverse talents they bring to our global workforce are directly linked to our success. We are an equal opportunity employer and place a high value on diversity and inclusion at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of any protected attribute, including race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, age, marital or veteran status, pregnancy or disability, or any other basis protected under applicable law. In accordance with applicable law, we make reasonable accommodations for applicants’ and employees’ religious practices and beliefs, as well as any mental health or physical disability needs.
The health and safety of our colleagues, candidates, clients and communities has been a top priority in light of the COVID-19 pandemic. JPMorgan Chase was awarded the “WELL Health-Safety Rating” for all of our 6,200 locations globally based on our operational policies, maintenance protocols, stakeholder engagement and emergency plans to address a post-COVID-19 environment.
As a part of our commitment to health and safety, we have implemented various COVID-related health and safety requirements for our workforce. Employees are expected to follow the Firm’s current COVID-19 or other infectious disease health and safety requirements, including local requirements. Requirements include sharing information including your vaccine card in the firm’s vaccine record tool, and may include mask wearing. Requirements may change in the future with the evolving public health landscape. JPMorgan Chase will consider accommodation requests as required by applicable law.
Equal Opportunity Employer/Disability/Veterans
About the Team:
Our Consumer & Community Banking division serves our Chase customers through a range of financial services, including personal banking, credit cards, mortgages, auto financing, investment advice, small business loans and payment processing. We’re proud to lead the U.S. in credit card sales and deposit growth and have the most-used digital solutions – all while ranking first in customer satisfaction.
Our business bankers work in the Consumer Bank to provide financial solutions to small business owners across the U.S. Customers turn to us for financing and advice as they start, run and grow their businesses. We partner with clients throughout the process, investing in our communities and people for the long-term.
Location: Fort Worth, TX
Job date: Sun, 19 Jun 2022 04:26:14 GMT
Apply for the job now!