Job title: Business Banking – GNP Business Relationship Manager Sr
Company: JPMorgan Chase
Job description: Job Description:
The Business Banking – Government/Not-for-Profit (GNP) team focuses on Governments, Municipalities, School Districts, and Not-for-Profit institutions. The Relationship Manager Sr is a key role in the BB-GNP organization. BB-GNP is looking for an experienced banker who can manage existing client relationships and develop new business strategies focused on client selection all while ensuring an outstanding client experience, adherence to the regulatory, legal and risk management frameworks unique to these client segments.
Principal Duties and Responsibilities (in order of importance)
- Build collaborative internal and external relationships to provide the best in client advice and service, develop the business to ensure a seamless experience for the client who has multiple products and services.
- Serve as a trusted advisor to the client in delivering comprehensive and customized business banking products and solutions tailored to the financial needs and circumstances of GNP clients.
- Manage a portfolio of clients; grow portfolio by prospecting for new clients and deepening relationships with existing clients.
- Manage credit opportunities within assigned portfolio up to $25 million.
- Utilize extensive referral networks and centers of influence to identify and pursue potential new clients, looking for ways to cultivate a long-term relationship.
- Use expert knowledge of business, finance, banking, credit and risk management to identify, recommend and promote products and solutions that best serve the client while still working within risk parameters that protect the bank.
- Build relationships by calling on existing clients to truly understand their organizations/institutions and analyze product and service growth opportunities and ensure profitability of GNP portfolio.
- Protect the firm by following sound risk management protocols and adhering to regulatory requirements.
- Manage a disciplined marketing process by identifying steps/strategies necessary to effectively maintain and build relationships with clients and prospects.
Knowledge, Skills and Experience
- Eight or more years experience in business banking relationship management role or related business lending experience.
- Bachelor’s degree in Finance or related field, or equivalent work experience required.
- Expert knowledge of business credit, deposit and cash management products and services.
- Expert knowledge of business credit underwriting with commercial credit training preferred.
- Knowledge of the unique requirements, laws, regulations, and risk management for GNP client base; familiarity with the formal RFP process and due diligence.
- Strong communication skills with individuals at all levels, internally and externally.
- Ability to build relationships with clients and internal partners and influence others without direct control.
- Able to identify innovative solutions to best serve client and/or manage risk.
- Uses seasoned judgment to offer comprehensive and customized solutions that best meet client needs; monitors and researches segment trends and outcomes to anticipate client needs and present proactive solutions.
- Establishes and consistently uses a disciplined process to manage time; uses time strategically to accomplish business objectives.
- Strong current business network; viewed as a leader in community organizations such as Chambers of Commerce, non-profit boards.
Chase is a leading financial services firm, helping nearly half of America’s households and small businesses achieve their financial goals through a broad range of financial products. Our mission is to create engaged, lifelong relationships and put our customers at the heart of everything we do. We also help small businesses, nonprofits and cities grow, delivering solutions to solve all their financial needs.
We recognize that our people are our strength and the diverse talents they bring to our global workforce are directly linked to our success. We are an equal opportunity employer and place a high value on diversity and inclusion at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of any protected attribute, including race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, age, marital or veteran status, pregnancy or disability, or any other basis protected under applicable law. In accordance with applicable law, we make reasonable accommodations for applicants’ and employees’ religious practices and beliefs, as well as any mental health or physical disability needs.
The health and safety of our colleagues, candidates, clients and communities has been a top priority in light of the COVID-19 pandemic. JPMorgan Chase was awarded the “WELL Health-Safety Rating” for all of our 6,200 locations globally based on our operational policies, maintenance protocols, stakeholder engagement and emergency plans to address a post-COVID-19 environment.
As a part of our commitment to health and safety, we have implemented various COVID-related health and safety requirements for our workforce. Employees are expected to follow the Firm’s current COVID-19 or other infectious disease health and safety requirements, including local requirements. Requirements include sharing information including your vaccine card in the firm’s vaccine record tool, and may include mask wearing. Requirements may change in the future with the evolving public health landscape. JPMorgan Chase will consider accommodation requests as required by applicable law.
Equal Opportunity Employer/Disability/Veterans
About the Team:
Our Consumer & Community Banking division serves our Chase customers through a range of financial services, including personal banking, credit cards, mortgages, auto financing, investment advice, small business loans and payment processing. We’re proud to lead the U.S. in credit card sales and deposit growth and have the most-used digital solutions – all while ranking first in customer satisfaction.
Our business bankers work in the Consumer Bank to provide financial solutions to small business owners across the U.S. Customers turn to us for financing and advice as they start, run and grow their businesses. We partner with clients throughout the process, investing in our communities and people for the long-term.
Location: Houston, TX
Job date: Fri, 24 Jun 2022 01:21:51 GMT
Apply for the job now!