Job title: Business Banking Relationship Mgr
Company: Bank of the West
Job description: At Bank of the West, our people are having a positive impact on the world. We’re investing where we feel we can make the most impact, like advancing diversity and women entrepreneurship programs, financing for more small businesses, and promoting programs for sustainable energy. From our locations across the U.S., Bank of the West is taking action to help protect the planet, improve people’s lives, and strengthen communities. We are part of BNP Paribas, a global leader supporting the UN Sustainable Development Goals (SDGs). Yes, we’re a bank, but as the bank for a changing world, we are continually seeking to improve the ways we help our customers, while contributing to more sustainable and equitable growth.
Job Description Summary
Responsible for the sourcing, securing, developing, and retaining profitable business banking relationships within the assigned region. Primary focus is on finding new business opportunities to sell the Bank’s products and services and retaining and expanding existing relationships. Responsible for contributing to the assigned Region’s credit portfolio quality and processing of requests for credit extension, ensuring credit facilities are properly structured, priced and documented. Maintains and grows current relationships by presenting new lending opportunities, cross selling, and other business to existing clients. Takes primary responsibility as the assigned officer for a portfolio of basic to moderately complex relationships.
Essential Job Functions
- Serves as primary contact with assigned customers focusing on retention and growth in profitability. Identifies business needs and corresponding sales opportunities bank-wide and actively promotes ways to increase customer reliance on bank products and services, capitalizing on the unique and comprehensive capabilities of the bank. This would include Deposit Products, Cash Management, Capital Markets, Trade Services, Loan Products and personal banking products and services. Develops new business banking relationships for the bank. Conducts interviews with applicants to thoroughly understand current and prospective needs including the business financial situation and need for Bank products and services. Visits applicants at their place of business to verify and better assess their current situation and future needs.
- Obtains financial statements, tax returns, and other credit information and ensures maintenance of electronic credit files. Conducts analysis of pertinent credit information and/or credit checks.
- Works closely with central underwriting teams for new credit requests and renewals ensuring that all relevant financial and non-financial information is available to the underwriter. Generally underwrites new relationship credit requests for approval.
- Manages existing portfolio and stays informed on their condition is aware of developing trends in the market which may impact credit quality. Works closely with centralized underwriting and portfolio management teams to ensure responsiveness to portfolio management needs and timeliness of reporting responses.
Other Job Duties
- Manages all communications with customers related to credit and non-credit issues. Works with commercial documentation department and Business Credit Management team in the review and negotiation of loan documents. Maintains assigned annual goals for portfolio growth, new business development, and portfolio maintenance. Will be ranked among peers on the Division Scorecards.
- Ensures job duties are performed within established BOW controls, risk, and audit protocols.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- Requires advanced knowledge of job area typically obtained through advanced education combined with experience.
- May have practical knowledge of project management.
- Requires a minimum of 5 years relavent work experience
- Bachelor’s Degree Business or Finance
- High School Diploma or GED Required
- General understanding of underwriting and analysis for small and mid-size companies and complexities.
- Comfort and familiarity with commercial lending principles.
- Understanding and ongoing use of Touchpoint, electronic underwriting platforms and other enterprise level systems.
We have implemented our Vaccination or Testing policy. This requires vaccination or weekly Covid-19 testing for Team Members that are onsite to any Bank office/Branch, interact in person with Bank employees, customers or vendors, attend any in-person bank event or tradeshow; and/or Travel for Business.
Equal Employment Opportunity Policy
Bank of the West is an Equal Opportunity employer and proud to provide equal employment opportunity to all job seekers without regard to any status protected by applicable law. Bank of the West is also an Affirmative Action employer – Minority / Female / Disabled / Veteran.
Bank of the West will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance subject to the requirements of all state and federal laws and regulations.
Location: Phoenix, AZ
Job date: Sun, 26 Jun 2022 07:53:23 GMT
Apply for the job now!