Job title: Business Banking Senior Financial Analyst
Company: Huntington National Bank
Job description: Description
Consumer and Business Banking (CBB) Financial Planning & Analysis (FP&A) has a crucial role as a strategic partner to CBB leaders, business management and senior stakeholders across Corporate Finance by providing quality analysis and reporting that generate insights into business trends and economics. Business Banking (BBK) is a subsegment of CBB that provides SBA lending as well as Small Business, Practice Finance and CRE products and services to our clients.
The Finance Segment/Region Liaison will be responsible for driving BBK-wide deliverables across earnings, revenue / expense/ balance sheet resource analyses and competitor reporting, as well as coordination of projects to support business banking covering all businesses and functions. This role will report to the VP, FP&A Manager of Branch and Business Banking
- Prepare monthly forecasts and annual budgets for assigned line items in collaboration with line of business partners.
- Develop, maintain and enhance driver based forecast tools to ensure forecast accuracy and timely completion of all deliverables.
- Lead personnel/incentive planning including coordination with Human Resources/Segment Incentive Manager to ensure forecast aligns with hiring plans
- Provide month end variance analysis comparing actual results to both the monthly forecast and annual budget. Additionally, responsible for delivery of monthly Financial Performance Review schedules as directed which may include creating non-standard financial pages addressing segment performance.
- Through individual efforts and working in cross-functional teams, lead and complete special projects in support of segment leadership and company strategies with a focus on impacting bottom line results.
- Serve as a subject matter expert for all finance processes with focus on delivering quality and timely support. Develop and maintain relationships across the organization, eliciting trust and confidence.
- Provide direct finance support (expense analysis/forecasts/monthly reporting) for the Retail and Business Banking CFO and other management teams supported.
- Bachelor’s Degree or 8 years of relevant work experience
- 5 years’ experience as a financial analyst.
- Bachelor’s degree preference: Business / Finance / Economics / Accounting.
- Finance experience in the financial services industry
- Proficiency in Excel, Essbase / Smart View, SAS or SQL desired.
- Able to multi-task effectively, be a self-starter, and be able to handle stress with composure and professionalism.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills with the ability to interface with many levels of management.
- Strong analytical and critical thinking skills with an understanding of the concept of materiality (i.e., knows when information is relevant)
- Ability to proactively manage issues and assignments and move work forward with limited direction.
- Capable of managing changing priorities with ease and poise.
Workplace Type: Hybrid
EEO/AA Employer/Minority/Female/Disability/Veteran/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity
Tobacco-Free Hiring Practice: Visit Huntington’s Career Web Site for more details.
Agency Statement: Huntington does not accept solicitation from Third Party Recruiters for any position
Location: Columbus, OH
Job date: Thu, 23 Jun 2022 23:44:16 GMT
Apply for the job now!